Eat Your Heart Out Marty McFly......AC's 1978-1989 Trip Back in Time (updates that go back to 1975 commenced on 3-12-15 )

Here comes a quick character update before I get ready to go pick up DS from school:

4298453F-CFF4-475A-A2E4-44F53416FB92-362

99993749-F2E4-40EF-A154-ED06887F5593-362

84B9D9C4-0FDF-4632-8EA6-9468F14007C3-362

The light blue jackets you see me and older bro wearing are official Mickey Mouse Club jackets.

It was sort of like "Members Only" jackets......but for younglings.

Far out! 

Right on!

CEAA343E-0906-4916-8EBA-56FF4D89C9A1-362

Nice hair dad.

8F0C8D2F-1AD1-449C-9504-C20A0F344916-362

322E4B64-7587-4047-84FC-3935C629BFE7-362

EBB8AC8A-EB3C-464E-AEA3-9CBFD5E1D2E2-362

C83BA18D-21C2-425B-A68D-3B54B47FAAFC-362

BBA4BB25-2F1F-4D2F-AB8A-6CAA29EA7289-362

491F0FB7-BF7C-4137-BE1C-6FCCEC4492FD-362

DF48710A-1ABE-4176-BED4-E4CACD9762D3-362

Another awesome treasure from the past is coming in the next update.....

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's head to the ole fashioned swimmin hole, shall we?   We start out with a classic Disney relic of the past:       I should stop right here and pick it up later.   Those pics deserve their own up

He's moving even slower than brown paint guy ...

And here we go:                       Do you remember this character experience?     Moving on in Future World:                         Was that a Commodore 64?   How about robot

I was wondering the exact same thing.  Plus, that is one weird looking Pooh.  Has Pooh changed in the past 35 years?  He looks different today. 

Also, what's with the clowns in the last pic?  Do they often use creepy clowns in the parades?  I wonder if that's why I don't like Disney parades.  I may have been affected by creepy clowns in a 70's parade. 

Yes, Pooh has changed.  He doesn't have the Honey Pot on his head anymore. 

Tigger in the wig and the clowns can be easlily be explained.  It was the '70's.  You know, drugs.

Those are DEFINITELY Musket Mickey tshirts!!

Bam!

I called it.

TCD

I was wondering the exact same thing.  Plus, that is one weird looking Pooh.  Has Pooh changed in the past 35 years?  He looks different today. 

Also, what's with the clowns in the last pic?  Do they often use creepy clowns in the parades?  I wonder if that's why I don't like Disney parades.  I may have been affected by creepy clowns in a 70's parade. 

Those clowns are creepy.

I noticed Pooh was different also.

I hate to complain, because it's awesome that your dad took all these photos, but his filing system SMB.

It's pretty obvious that there are photos from at least two different parades mixed in here.  In one photo, Pooh has a birthday hat on.  In this one with shaggy headed Tigger, he has his Honey Pot on his head.

I think maybe Tigger is dressed up like a clown.  It looks like he's standing at the back of a caboose in the that photo, and I think I can see his big orange wig at the back of the train in this photo:

07B7DE6A-7B1E-49CF-9885-BE935B9818CA-362

I think that is Casey Junior.  From Dumbo.   I see Eeyore walking alongside the train.  So there are Pooh characters around. Tigger dressed as a clown would make sense.

TCD

My guess is the 50th Birthday Parade pics are from 78 and the other parade pics are from 79.

My Dad probably mashed them together in the "parade" section of the slides.

Apparently he was not aware in 1978 that Al Gore was going to invent the internet, Voldy would be born and flush the fiends, FF.net would subsequently be born, I would join and decide to not be a lurker, and would come looking for the slides to put together a trip report using Marty McFly and Doc Brown's time machine as my inspiration.  :rofl2:

I wish he would have seen all that coming and bought Google stock or something.

That being said.  The filing system does SMB and I wish they were separated into individual trips myself.

Once we get to the 80s, I believe the slides are separated that way.

But for now our time machine is forcing us to witness 1978 and 1979 together.

There is a glitch in the Matrix.

I found a blog post someone did about Mickey's 50th Birthday parade, and there is a pic which includes Tigger.  He is wearing a birthday party hat...but no shaggy hair.  This doesn't solve the mystery, but it does show that Aaron's picture is not representative of Tigger's normal appearance back then.

Scan+5.jpeg

There are regular Tigger photos from back then in my last update.

On a brighter note, it is good to see that Uncle Rico's time machine worked, and Napoleon Dynamite was able to travel back to 1978 (in the trucker hat) :

04CB53BA-1AE1-4C74-84A0-2B220FDA450C-362

TCD

:rofl3:

You gonna eat your tots?

Those are DEFINITELY Musket Mickey tshirts!!

That's how we rolled.

Peter Pan= still an odd one.

Look at Goofy picking up the kids- that wouldn't fly today:

It looks like that future Big Wendy has an autograph book- so maybe that was a thing back then after all.

TCD

Maybe that future Big Wendy is the mother of the Peter Pan Dragon Artist in your TR?

Peter Pan= still an odd one.

Look at Goofy picking up the kids- that wouldn't fly today:

It looks like that future Big Wendy has an autograph book- so maybe that was a thing back then after all.

TCD

Or maybe she's holding a drawing of her and Peter as dragons.

My guess is the 50th Birthday Parade pics are from 78 and the other parade pics are from 79.

My Dad probably mashed them together in the "parade" section of the slides.

Apparently he was not aware in 1978 that Al Gore was going to invent the internet, Voldy would be born and flush the fiends, FF.net would subsequently be born, I would join and decide to not be a lurker, and would come looking for the slides to put together a trip report using Marty McFly and Doc Brown's time machine as my inspiration.  :rofl2:

I wish he would have seen all that coming and bought Google stock or something.

That being said.  The filing system does SMB and I wish they were separated into individual trips myself.

Once we get to the 80s, I believe the slides are separated that way.

But for now our time machine is forcing us to witness 1978 and 1979 together.

There is a glitch in the Matrix.

Very good!  Funny stuff!

Maybe that future Big Wendy is the mother of the Peter Pan Dragon Artist in your TR?

LOL!

What is up with King Louie here? :

I'm thinking there's no way that character could move his arms.

And those big plastic hands?

Weird.

TCD

Very good!  Funny stuff!

LOL!

What is up with King Louie here? :

I'm thinking there's no way that character could move his arms.

And those big plastic hands?

Weird.

TCD

It is weird.  The character costume advancements are welcomed!

and why is he parading with the Dwarves? 

As best I can tell, they just had the characters appear randomly.

Earlier we saw Donald Duck hanging out with Pinocchio and Goofy hanging out with Peter Pan.

None of this makes any sense.

The only explanation I have is that hippies were in charge.

TCD

Hippies!  Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

As Johnnie Cochran once said, "That does not make sense.  If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit."

Oh, and what happened to Pluto's tongue?

Then:

322E4B64-7587-4047-84FC-3935C629BFE7-362

Now:

122212068.jpg

TCD

One more character comparison- King Louie.

Then:

Now:

fortMay2012109.jpg

(Yes, that is TCD Twin #3 who is MIA.)

TCD

Pluto's tongue probably got yanked out of his mouth once and caused irreparable harm to some youngling's wee little brain.

King Louie definitely looks better now. 

Obviously the older pic of Louie is prior to his bypass surgery. That is one cyanotic ape.

By the way, thanks for the pictures of the chorus line from the Diamond Horseshoe Revue.