It's A BuckeyeFortFamily Spring Break 'EGG'stravaganza!!

Thanks TCD!

Well, let's make hay while the sun shines and try to get an update or two on while the site is up.

It's Day 3

Saturday March 23, 2013

It was barely raining as we left the campgrounds just after 8am. We saw some utility trucks on our way out. 

12-30-12112_zps89653c89.jpg

We are off to EPCOT. We have some new things to check out and report on and some limited time fun to have.

Sometimes driving a BIG truck just doesn’t pay.  They waved us way down to the end of the next row because we were so big.

12-30-12113_zps5abc5b91.jpg

See that tiny red car over BFF’s shoulder? That’s where they were parking everyone.

12-30-12114_zps6e74b596.jpg

Good Morning EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival at Rope Drop (Lou-no official rope today).

12-30-12115_zps7caea38c.jpg

After making us say hello in all the languages of the World Showcase, they open the turnstiles and we are off. Hands down the LAMEST opening in the WDWorld.

12-30-12117_zpsc9dbe9fa.jpg

First stop.

4-1-3a18_zpsc75121ad.jpg

Someday we can all just walk onto Soarin’, but for now we BABYSWAP it.The boys decided to stay with BFF while I took the girls.

We got the FFF ride which upset BFK1. Just look at this face. I had to take of picture of the drama over a few dangling feet in front of us.

4-1-3a19_zps937a0396.jpg

I assured her she could get the row she wanted with BFF on the very next ride (which she did).

I took BFK4 and we headed for Test Trak FP’s.

It was a beautiful morning.  I took some pictures while I waited for my husband and the girls.

12-30-12124_zps5fd6ccd3.jpg 

The flowers around the Electric Umbrella were gorgeous. I wish my flower beds looked like this.

12-30-12126_zps0c5d1d7e.jpg

That's all I got because we had a coaster to build and a new exhibit to check out.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March 28, 2013 continued   We have a date with a person we have tried numerous times to connect with, but now it’s finally happening.   Backstory-I grew up on a Clydesdale breeding farm in Ohio.  I h

The horses all work 3 days and then get time off. He showed us the paddock that they get turned out in when they are done working on a typical work day.   Then we talked about the barn itself.   They

BuckeyeFortFan and our firstborn BuckeyeFortKid 1 took off for one of her favorites 

12-30-12132_zpsddcb22c1.jpg

while BFK 2-4 and I started our research.

12-30-12130_zpsfc16d030.jpg

We read this sign and wondered what this warning meant.

12-30-12135_zps4d1b94cb.jpg

This is a group experience requiring moderate physical exertion. If you have any conditions that may be aggravated by this activity, please pace yourself accordingly.

Hmmmm, what is “moderate physical exertion?”

Superhero posters outside

12-30-12139_zpsac6a3f7f.jpg

Entering the simulator

12-30-12142_zps1212b9cd.jpg

We were asked to stand on one of these.

12-30-12145_zps3b233af7.jpg

Then our Castmember started our instruction and training.

12-30-12146_zps09e64fb0.jpg

Then he turned it over to this lovely lady.

12-30-12147_zps0ff456d6.jpg

They gave us simple motions to fight our enemies. Then somehow the the computer would show how each of us performed on our spots. You can see the hero demonstrating one of the moves in the upper right corner.

12-30-12154_zps085bfa25.jpg

There are 3 heroes. This one is the hero that is supposed to be a chunky little boy who is trying to be more active. They made him look chunky by dressing him in 2 really baggy shirts. There was a woman who fought dehydration, and man who fought poor food choices.

The next room had 3 different colored TSM pop guns on either side of long hallway.

popguns_zpsfc0ea03f.jpg

You fought for your particular hero based upon color. For example if you chose a blue pop gun then you were fighting dehydration.

redblasters_zps3590d5b6.jpg

greenblasters_zps8671f578.jpg

gameplay_zps9e8f6c53.jpg

Please do not be fooled by the pop guns and cartoon villians, this is serious business.

serious_zps33485ac9.jpg

skilltomaster_zps88ca8c23.jpg

Ok, I never experienced the first habit heros, but didn't this type of thinking get them in trouble?

Oh wait they have a disclaimer.

loseabattle_zps49807bf0.jpg

They told us the struggle will make you stronger. 

The last room has RFID readers and 3 different colored cards.

lastroom_zps52d3738c.jpg

Here’s our explanation of what to do from the healthy eating hero.

cardgame_zpsf8a20326.jpg

We passed the all 3 tests. 

stars_zps26897d2d.jpg

But wait the world needs habit heros.

map_zps305d411c.jpg

Everyone needs to chose a bracelet for the type of habit hero you want to be.

blue_zpsd37ca812.jpg

red_zps67044e1b.jpg

green_zpse0506133.jpg

We have our missions.

cards_zps4fe40483.jpg

And now we are ready to be habit heroes all day long.

habitheros_zps4a5c47d7.jpg

Actually the kids enjoyed the experience and BFK1 was upset she missed out on it. They talked about being habit heroes the whole vacation.

Was it a time suck? Certainly!

Did it SMB? No, the kids loved it and honestly if I can’t sort trash to make a playground anymore, this will do.  

I wanted to get Habit Heroes on it's own post so that I wouldn't hit the picture limit.

I'll post more after I get the kids some dinner.

Having feet in your face SMB.

I can't believe I am actually going to say this.  I sound like Lou...

Honestly, what's a few feet? The ride is awesome no matter where you ride.  It's just a ride.

Enjoy the smells and look at the screen. Don't focus on the feet.

Ok, that sounds harsh. It does SMB!

I wish I could get the pictures to come up......sounds great though.

Oh no.  Was it all the pictures or just the last post?

I tried something new with how I post the pictures. I can see them all.

I can't believe I am actually going to say this.  I sound like Lou...

Honestly, what's a few feet? The ride is awesome no matter where you ride.  It's just a ride.

Enjoy the smells and look at the screen. Don't focus on the feet.

Ok, that sounds harsh. It does SMB!

Oh no.  Was it all the pictures or just the last post?

I tried something new with how I post the pictures. I can see them all.

Pics are all showing for me. 

Ok, it’s test track time (10:45am).

12-30-12199_zpse2ac606f.jpg

We went for a our baby swap only to discover BFK4 was tall enough. So we gave it a try.

12-30-12201_zps506e1c03.jpg

We fill the whole car.

12-30-12202_zpse0328f61.jpg

BFK4 was not a fan. It went TOO FAST!

So we made it up to him.

12-30-12209_zpsdad37df2.jpg

12-30-12207_zpsf6476ca4.jpg

After checking out his friends from Radiator Springs and playing on the playground he forgot all about that scary ride.

12-30-12203_zps050f015f.jpg

12-30-12204_zps8a040a54.jpg

This was a fun picture to get. I call it monorail over Radiator Springs.

12-30-12211_zps94744e5b.jpg

It was time to gather kids so we could change out those tired old paper Annual Passes for some cutting edge RFID ones.

12-30-12214_zps610c20a5.jpg

They were ready for lines but fortunately for us there were none. There was even a castmember to make small talk with us while another castmember actually processed our cards.

12-30-12212_zps9cd7d0a2.jpg

For a full report on this AP experience see the thread on RFID AP conversion. I’m glad we made the change. The RFID’s work so much better I think. They make getting into the park smoother and faster. I’m a fan of that.

We left the Odyssey Center around 11:15 and we had a Via Napoli ADR a 12:45. So we head out towards Mexico and checked out the floating flowers on our way.

12-30-12217_zps4bcc2489.jpg

We had no agenda (yes Lou… even the “planners” sometimes just wander) as we walked through the world showcase.

As we were walking towards Norway I see this.

12-30-12219_zps2468589a.jpg

Here’s a closer look.

12-30-12218_zpsed4f1a1c.jpg

Ok, this is definitely a Figment on an Easter Egg.

I guess we have stumbled upon the Limited Time Magic Vinylmation Easter Egg Hunt in the World Showcase. We hadn’t decided if we would search for them but since we found this one we just started looking and taking pictures. 

While we were egg hunting in China we found this cool dragon.

12-30-12221_zpse24a99d0.jpg 

AHA! Chip is stuck in the rocks.

12-30-12224_zpsfba2d94a.jpg 

And now Dale in Germany

12-30-12225_zps61574ba6.jpg

We had to check out the trains.  The flower and garden festival in miniature. There are little flower and garden festival flags on the flag pole and those mini green blurrs at the top of the photo are the topiaries one can find around the park.

12-30-12226_zps03bd8a8a.jpg

Never noticed this one before.

12-30-12227_zps75f50506.jpg

Goofy is in Italy.

12-30-12228_zpsb3675772.jpg

And Italy brings us to lunch. 

All this egg hunting was fun, but we are now starving.

I must thank DaveInTn for introducing us to Via Napoli through his trip reports.  This was our first time here.

Pizza never tasted so good.

I need to warn all readers of the mouthwatering pood forn that is about to follow.

We started with Sangria. Awesome! and for Disney, it is priced quite nicely.

12-30-12231_zpsfee229a0.jpg 

In the glass, it looks even better.

12-30-12232_zps862e42e6.jpg

Appetizer. Caprese salad, buffalo mozzarella and a slice of tomato with olive oil drizzle. A little balsamic and this would have been perfect.

12-30-12235_zpsf88b62c5.jpg 

We ordered kids meals for BFK2, 3, and 4.

BFF and I shared our grown up pizzas with our oldest.

12-30-12236_zpsde305cda.jpg

Yes it is as good as it looks.

12-30-12237_zps0c5758e2.jpg

Ok, after that we ALL need a break.

and by break I simply refering to the trip report. There's plenty more EPCOT to come.

I've been reading along, but haven't had a chance to comment yet.

Like everyone has already said before love how your GAG changed into a HDDR.

I see you have your children travel trained too.

Thanks for reading.

I still giggle when I think about the GAG.

Many years of the same trip has really got them in a groove when we travel.

Ha ha! You do sound like Lou.

I love SOAT.

Not sure about that Habit Heroes attraction.

Oh, the implications of even having a 'Lou...' thought let alone actually admitting it.  What does that mean? What does that say about me?

I have only done SOAT once, as we only have 1 tall enough to ride who isn't too chicken and I am not the parent who enjoys coaster.

I really can't complain though. My kids have always loved innoventions clear back to the one about ants living under the ground.

I mean honestly my youngest 3 can easily kill 15 minutes just playing in that stupid little playhouse in front of the green home.

Habit Heroes is more fun than holding a flashlight for the Findmores or Searchwells (and we actually like to play the 'firehouse' game) but I would say not as fun as the Great Piggy Bank Adventure.

Hmmmm. Pizza looks delicious...  Sangria even better...  This is on the short list!  Thanks!!

It should be. We lived near a number of really great Italian restaurants so we have avoided this restaurant, but after DaveInTn's rave reviews we thought we'd try it and now it's one of our EPCOT favorites.

Great updates, BFM.

Epcot doesn't look very crowded at all.  Good job going for rope drop!  That SMB big time that you had to park at the end of the row like that!  You need a AAA pass.  Do you know about those?

Now that both you and DIT have endorsed that pizza (along with other Fiends), I am going to have to try it.  I always figured we get good pizza at home, so why bother eating it at Epcot, when there are so many other things to choose?  But since every one raves about that pizza, I'm going to have to try it.

We also still have not tried Habit Heroes.  The last time we were there, we were going to have to wait 20 minutes just to start.  I assume we would then be in the attraction for another 15-20 minutes.  That seems like too much time to invest just to be told I'm fat and need to watch what I eat.  Since you say it's OK, I will give it a go one of these days.

TCD

I need to get this EPCOT day finished up tonight, but first some housekeeping.

Nice job on the egg hunt.

The pizza looks delish.

Looking forward to more.

The egg hunt was a fun way to go through the World Showcase with the kids. That was the fun part. The stupid keychain was ugly and useless. Was that too snarky? I just don't get the vinylmation craze.

Just started reading.

Loved your trip down photos!  Amazing how cold spring break was this year.

Habit Heroes looks like a must try  for my younger kiddos in May.

Egg hunt looked like fun.

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading!

I can't wait to post more. 

Great updates, BFM.

Epcot doesn't look very crowded at all.  Good job going for rope drop!  That SMB big time that you had to park at the end of the row like that!  You need a AAA pass.  Do you know about those?

Now that both you and DIT have endorsed that pizza (along with other Fiends), I am going to have to try it.  I always figured we get good pizza at home, so why bother eating it at Epcot, when there are so many other things to choose?  But since every one raves about that pizza, I'm going to have to try it.

We also still have not tried Habit Heroes.  The last time we were there, we were going to have to wait 20 minutes just to start.  I assume we would then be in the attraction for another 15-20 minutes.  That seems like too much time to invest just to be told I'm fat and need to watch what I eat.  Since you say it's OK, I will give it a go one of these days.

TCD

Our whole trip was great crowd wise!

Is the AAA thing something you can do even if you have an Annual Pass?

Via Napoli--You sound like my husband almost exactly! BUT honestly the pizza is awesome!

I kept thinking on my way through Habit Heroes "what would TCD take a picture of?"  The message was nice. Be healthy not lose weight you big fatty.  Not worth the 20 minute wait though. You go enough you'll hit it with no wait one of these times and get to play the fun games.

March 23 continued

After lunch we enjoyed a street performance from the yelling sisters.

12-30-12241_zps933d3e25.jpg

We completed a masterpiece.

12-30-12242_zpsf2cb4da2.jpg

4-1-3a23_zps33a02393.jpg

12-30-12244_zpse6a5a6ae.jpg

We loved the Lady and Tramp topiary. Although I don’t know what has Lady so upset.

12-30-12245_zps00a17599.jpg

Off to the American Adventure in search of sweet smelling strawberries.

12-30-12246_zpsf20331b2.jpg

We took this picture and then…

12-30-12247_zps7933d2ff.jpg 

found Mickey when we turned around.

12-30-12248_zps43a02855.jpg

Minnie was in Japan. She took a while to find.  We finally gave up and walked down the steps from the tranquil garden behind the pagoda and lo behold across the way there she was.

12-30-12249_zps85bb8dc7.jpg

Donald was in Morocco.

12-30-12250_zps305e993a.jpg

We played on a playground set up between Morocco and France. The kids were all given squeezable applesauce-FREE.  But not free because now they want Mama to buy them that kind of expensive applesauce, but I digress.

While we were playing on the playground we looked towards France and found an egg. It wasn’t until we got closer did we discover it was Daisy. 12-30-12251_zpsa48c451b.jpg

I think the topiaries in France and the UK were our favorites. I haven’t seen them in other trip reports so you get to see them all because I can't decide which are the best.

12-30-12252_zpsc40bd670.jpg

12-30-12253_zpsd96ac27e.jpg

12-30-12254_zps75f32399.jpg

12-30-12255_zps1d1af69a.jpg

12-30-12256_zpsf441d12f.jpg

12-30-12257_zps9c6fe2ab.jpg

12-30-12258_zpsa29349df.jpg

12-30-12259_zps392b6a65.jpg

12-30-12260_zps8b4d762d.jpg

12-30-12262_zps162c44ac.jpg

12-30-12263_zps10b33f8f.jpg

12-30-12264_zpsa614d52c.jpg

Just when you thought we gave up looking for eggs, we found this one.

12-30-12261_zpsf01f168b.jpg

There's gotta be one in Canada, eh?

12-30-12265_zps9ca6510d.jpg

Perry? The kids loved finding this one. It must speak to their generation.

Now it's off to pick up that vinylmation key chain. The kids thought it was a horrible prize for the hunting, but they enjoyed finding the eggs and putting the stickers on the paper.

While we were there BFK2 just had to give BFF a hard time.  He hates the premise behind Duffy, so she LOVES to love Duffy. So she just had to meet him.

45999240021_zpse2a12773.jpg

Darn she looks happy. Is it meeting Duffy or knowing that this picture is going in her father's trip report??? hmmmm, this might be our snarkiest kid.

Ok, it's 3pm. Time to get in a swim before supper.

The girls head straight for the slide.

12-30-12278_zpsf2855ea5.jpg

BuckeyeFortKid #1

12-30-12281_zps14a49321.jpg

Now BFK2

12-30-12282_zpsbd1cb078.jpg

What are the boys doing? Well, my little surfer dude BFK3 is just playing.

12-30-12284_zps7314a6a1.jpg

And BFK4 loves the kiddie pool.  He could care less about the water playground. 

12-30-12275_zps397e930e.jpg

I love how the swim always wears them out.

12-30-12285_zpsbb3b37a1.jpg

It's time to fire up the grill to cook our cheeseburgers and hot dogs so we can do some looping before bed.

MK rope drop tomorrow. We need our rest.

The egg looks like fun, mostly because you didn't plan to do it.  It just happened.

The pizza looks good.  Not sure I can get my husband to fork over that much for pizza though.  He doesn't get pizza like a New Yorker gets pizza.

We, meaning me, are doing more cooking back at the ranch this trip.  

I think Snarky runs deep in your family.  That girl is good.

Good times! That pizza does look awesome and good pizza in Disney doesn't exist anywhere so I think this will be on the to do list whenever we go again.

You won't regret it.

I had to twist BuckeyeForfFan's arm to get him there and now I'll have to twist his arm to get him into any other restaurant at EPCOT.

Especially with the cheap but really good Sangria.

The egg looks like fun, mostly because you didn't plan to do it.  It just happened.

The pizza looks good.  Not sure I can get my husband to fork over that much for pizza though.  He doesn't get pizza like a New Yorker gets pizza.

We, meaning me, are doing more cooking back at the ranch this trip.  

I think Snarky runs deep in your family.  That girl is good.

See my response to SSBB about the pizza. It really is THAT GOOD!

Snarky does run in the blood of the entire BuckeyeFortFamily.  Sometimes that's not so good, but fortunately we have the fiends to appreciate that!

I'm uploading March 24th to photobucket right now and hope to get our MK day on today.