Considering the fort for the 1st time.

I have to use and ecv for the parks, but am able to walk around on a normal basis...therefore we'll have an ecv. Is there a spot to charge it over night at a full hookup site? I'm assuming so since you can charge a golf cart....so if we have one of those can they both be charged over night?

If we rent a golf cart for touring, can dh drive it to the MK boat or external bus depot and park it for the day? I would then drive ecv and we could avoid an internal bus ecv transfer.

We'd be renting a small trailer for the 2 of us so we have a full bathroom.

First of all Welcome!!!!

We do that exact thing!!  My DH uses an ECV in the parks, and we park it outside our camper, and have an extension cord run to it to charge overnight.  Yes, there are plenty of electrical outlets to run your camper, charge your cart, and charge an ECV.

For sitting outside at night, we use a gas grill cover to cover the ECV and keep it dry.

We also do what you are talking about.  One of us drives the golf cart to the marina or outpost to park, and the other drives the scooter.  It saves on the internal bus transfer.  There are sidewalks all over the Fort to get you anywhere.  Sometimes the "path" the sidewalk takes is a little strange, but it will get you there.

Some of the full hookup sites have an additional electrical outlet at the front of the site on the site number post, so don't worry about having enough places to plug things in.  Just bring a couple of heavy duty outdoor extension cords.

First of all, welcome!

There are electric outlets at all levels of campsites- so yes, you will be able to charge it at a full hook up site.  And the golf cart too.  At the same time if you want.  No problem.  You may need an extension cord.

There is golf cart parking at the marina and a the Outpost bus stop.  There are a limited number of electric outlets at the marina so you can charge the cart while you're away, but none at the Outpost bus stop.

You must have some more questions.  Don't be afraid to ask.

TCD

Thanks for the quick responses!!!

Right now we are booked at our beloved POFQ for 10 days Nov 1 to the 10th, but this is my :panic: 40th Birthday Celebration. I've always wanted to try the fort, but never have. I have been gathering some info and will bring it up to hubby to see if he's game. If he is, I'm sure the questions will flow. I had to get the ecv question first before I even continued.

Welcome!!!

Tell hubby all the kids stay at the fort. It's the in thing to do. We stayed this Christmas for the first time and had a blast. My wife is still on the fence but she said we can do a split trip. Have at the beach/yacht club and half at the Fort. So I'm hoping that by Christmas ill have her talked into a full Fort trip. I'm lucky I have my 8 yr old on my side trying to talk her into it.