~coin flip trip~ report...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a terrific TR - thanks for picking it back up.       And for sure to many of us they're never "just dogs."  :hugs2:

some how i think i missed the pic from the olympic mountain... lol  so, here it is.  it was really cool to see this and be right there by it.  still not sure what the track was.   sorry about the wind

this was a sign for one of the state parks in oregon.  i just thought it was funny that they would name a park this.  lol

PICT0001_zps4e198451.jpg

continuing on our tour...more bridges and ocean.

PICT0023_zps30bea3db.jpg  PICT0025-1_zps58c63ded.jpg  PICT0028_zps602cf4e0.jpg

this guy was kite surfing or whatever it's called.  yes, it was windy for most of our trip.  i just missed him on the water and when he got to the beach he was all done.  

PICT0041-2_zps9a954b7a.jpg

then we got to the last state park in oregon on hwy 101.  we hoped that there were sites available.  

PICT0104-1_zpse7fc382b.jpg

all i can say is the state parks in oregon that we saw were very nice parks.  yes, they had sites open, it was $24 a night (off season rate) with electric/water and cable!  a state park with cable-really.  yup, we hooked up and had tv for a night.  lol

this is the site we choose. it was a huge site.  even being by the path to the bathroom, shower and laundry- it was quiet.

PICT0047-3_zps59275bf4.jpg  PICT0051-1_zpsb6b548d0.jpg

the site across from us was a host site and they had awesome sunset views over the ocean.

PICT0054-1_zps51df2896.jpg

we put on 5,200 miles on this trip.  the new to us mh was awesome and we really  never had any complaints about anything in it the whole time.  i'm sure most of you know how a new camper always has something you have to complain about.  but, i think we got this one right.  

we like to operate on whims... lol

Wow!  5200 miles!  And to think I complain about our 620 mile ride to the fort!  Glad everything went well with the new moho.

here are some pics of the state park we stayed at.  they even rented yurts.  a picutre of a vw camper van.  saw plenty of those out west also..

PICT0065_zps4ec6e70c.jpg  PICT0067-1_zpsab646fa3.jpg  PICT0072-1_zps7955feec.jpg

PICT0074-1_zps42331161.jpg  PICT0075-1_zps97bb4d73.jpg  PICT0077-1_zps5695bccb.jpg

so, before we headed out in the morning we went down to the beach at this park and took a few photos. it was the boys first time at the beach and i think if they were off leash they would have taken off down the beach on us.  they were running and having a great time.

PICT0089-1_zps532a1c3b.jpg

PICT0096-1_zps74482ae4.jpg  PICT0098-1_zps04a24381.jpg

Great trip & pictures.

Just curious but why can't you pump your own gas in Oregon or New Jersey?

Is it a safety thing or a union thing?

It's not rocket science.

I was told it was to minimize environmental impact from improperly dispensed gas

I was told it was to minimize environmental impact from improperly dispensed gas

Are they afraid that if you spill some gas on the pavement it might ruin the concrete? Or maybe in Oregon and New Jersey the gas pumps are all in a beautiful field of wild flowers.

Give me a break.

If Goober Pyle can pump gas I would think the people of New Jersey could do it.

Oregon I understand. There's a reason they call it dope.

Are they afraid that if you spill some gas on the pavement it might ruin the concrete? Or maybe in Oregon and New Jersey the gas pumps are all in a beautiful field of wild flowers.

Give me a break.

If Goober Pyle can pump gas I would think the people of New Jersey could do it.

Oregon I understand. There's a reason they call it dope.

I love this trip report.  Just picking up and going wherever the road leads is on my wish list for when hubby retires.  Having a C would make it better for all the reasons you listed, mainly the bathroom trips. ;)

Shoot, I wish I could go back to having gas pumped for me!!!  When I first started driving that was the norm, till I was probably about 22-23, I never pumped my own gas.  Loved it. Pulled up to the pump, stayed in the car, they filled it up, I handed them my gas card, and off I went.  No getting out in the rain and the muck, or the cold.

so, we start to head into california.  the northern 101 in california isn't bad but, oregon was really nice.  we are heading to the giant redwood national park.  nothing like an old vw camper bus/van..  lol

PICT0108_zpsc410df6e.jpg

PICT0164_zps94309135.jpg

the giant redwoods are sparatic along hwy 101  until we get to "avenue of the giants"..

PICT0115_zpsb854d77b.jpg

this was kinda funny to see in the middle of no where..

PICT0129_zps20787bc6.jpg

here is one of the giant redwoods.  see us and then follow the photo up--that is one HUGE tree!

PICT0132_zps348298f9.jpg     PICT0134_zps7021fde8.jpg

here is a great pic showing the size of the giant redwoods.  look closely--do you see me going up in between those couple trees??

PICT0143_zps7b2bc9d9.jpg

here's another with the mh next to the tree.  these trees are huge.  there are a few along the way that you can drive through.  but, we would of been too tall..

PICT0149_zpsd901938f.jpg

some deer grazing..

PICT0155_zps9c30a6d7.jpg

barkley is trying to see what all the fuss is about. he really wanted a window to look out.

PICT0158_zps1cf395d7.jpg

we stopped at a dnr information station that was right on the ocean.  they had this really nice map that showed what critter was scene and where.  

PICT0160_zpsa8a35b1f.jpg

we were in the tsunami warning areas most of the time we were on hwy 101.  sometimes we were up pretty high but most of the time we were down by the water.

PICT0169_zpsdf4b3c67.jpg

after the redwoods we were going to head to yosemite.  but, we have some time and we need to head south/east..so, we need to decide how we will get there.  well-we're gonna drive for a while and contemplate our next stop..

some flowers on the road to no where...

PICT0170_zps79aebe19.jpg

elk in a campground.  always neat to see..

PICT0171_zps93a07923.jpg

i took a few pics of the old cars we saw...

PICT0181_zpsafe33665.jpg  

now this second car was interesting.  they were sitting at the gas station when a woman walked over to them and gave them money.  this was an older lady--dressed nice.  she asked what school they are heading to.  those losers were trying to get money from people.  she gave them some and said that was all she had and hoped it helped.  i'm not stupid--school is already started, it's almost the end of the semester--you freaking losers ripped this woman off!  as soon as she left they took off-didn't get a drop of gas.  i was so irritated and felt so bad for this older couple.

PICT0194_zpsaf12bd45.jpg

so, anyways--onward we must go...

this was just an interesting sign.  i need a hammer like this.  lol

PICT0196_zps358529de.jpg

we eventually got a pic of the sign for the giants.. some pics you have to look at the tree sizes.  you can't imagine how big these are in person but, compare them to the normal sized trees around them.

PICT0203_zpsb8c7dfad.jpg   PICT0207_zps1b9cef50.jpg

PICT0210_zps0eb92111.jpg   PICT0212_zps90103a00.jpg

PICT0216_zps5e268c59.jpg  PICT0223_zps890851de.jpg

we saw shrek and bigfoot!  i really wanted the shrek!

PICT0225_zpsa26c1347.jpg   PICT0227_zpsdbcf8864.jpg

this looked like it would be a fun ride!

PICT0229_zps9af7a629.jpg

it's time to start figuring out where we are going to stay for the night...  the scenery was awesome...

PICT0230_zps9ad6f73c.jpg  

another herd of elk..

PICT0232_zps91ac7106.jpg

we found a koa in willits, ca.  this was a nice campground.  they had a petting zoo, a small fenced dog park w/agility stuff and some really cool sites.  here is a pic of the bunnies running around.

PICT0233_zps34b830c9.jpg

our mh is a 24' navion.  we have been looking since we got rid of our seneca for another mh.  the truck camper just wasn't doing it for us.  we found this one - it's a used 2009 and are very pleased with it.  we can pull in anywhere and make u-turns.  lol