It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

You're right.  I think I am getting upset over nothing.  They would never take those cinnamon rolls away, or completely change a beloved institution like the MSB just to sign a big contract with a company like Starbucks for huge bucks, so I have been worried for no reason.  Right? 

Yes, Lou.  I am aware the horse is already dead. 

:beathorse:

Yeah, leave the horse alone. 

I haven't yet visited the new Starbucks on Main Street, but I don't expect that I will hate it when I do.

Who knows, one of those artisan breakfast sandwiches might be good, and I won't even care about the cinnamon rolls.

TCD

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

Your a good Dad TCD shelling out the money for the shower curtain. We looked at them when we stayed there and Brian saw the price before I could buy and lie. Needless to say there is no AoA shower curtains in Becker's bathroom.

I should have run when I saw that they keep the stinking things behind the counter and have theft prevention tags on them.  For a shower curtain?

For the record, it is a really nice shower curtain and it really brightens up Twin #2's very industrial looking bathroom.

And, the CM who waited on us at AoA told me it would last a lifetime.

Come to think of it, he was pretty old, and maybe he meant his lifetime?

My current fear is that the other TCD girls will want AoA shower curtains now.

I could kick myself for not inviting my uncle Lou or cousin Dave Devore to shop with me at the AoA.

TCD

Agreeing with everyone else about how nice Twin#2's dorm room is. Does she have a roommate that she already knew?

Seeing these pictures makes me realize how fast this next year is going to go by. Before I know it we will be making a trip like this with DS.

OK- so here's the plot twist.

The way roommates work in the modern era is kids form Facebook groups and try to find roommates that way. 

Twin #2 met a girl a lot like her that way, and they were assigned to a room about a month ago.  They communicated back and forth about who would bring what, etc., and everything seemed fine.

Then, late last week Twin #2 gets a text from the girl that her plans had changed and she will not be attending FSU.  We still don't know what happened- whether it was grades, some kind of trouble, money, or what.  But this girl that she had met and invested a lot of time planning with was now out.

At this point, she has not been assigned a new roommate.

When we moved her in yesterday, she still didn't have a roommate.

The RA says she may not get one.

Which is really good in a way.

But, also kind of bad, as the whole roommate thing is a big part of the college experience.

If she doesn't get a roommate, she won't be lonely.  Both of her sisters and others are scheming about how they can visit and use the "guest" bed.

Oh, and one more plot twist-

The dorms just opened up for move-ins yesterday.  Classes don't start until Monday, and a lot of students wait until the weekend to move in.  The plan for Twin #2 and her roommate was to move in on the first day, and then try to meet new friends, and enjoy the campus before the summer session officially cranks up.  But, now there is no roommate.  Twin #2 thought she might be sitting alone in her new dorm for a couple of nights until everyone else shows up on campus.  Not a great way to start.

So, the new plan was that we all drove up in one car yesterday and moved Twin #2 in.  And then we all drove back.  All.  As in Twin #2 came back with us.  The new plan is that she will be heading up to school this weekend.  The oldest TCD DD is already scheming an Auburn to Tally road trip for the next weekend.  She still has a lot of friends at FSU.

So far, so good.

TCD

I've searched for it, but I can't seem to find that post. Will you link it to me?

I thought we were going to leave the dead horse be.

But, since you asked, here is one of the several places where you mocked and ridiculed those who had the temerity to suggest that the MSB would no longer serve cinnamon rolls:

From that same article.

Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

So...based upon comments they have clarified that the cinnamon rolls are indeed gone from the Main St Bakery. That's a shame.

I would take that comment as "They are currently available at Gaston's" until the Bakery reopens. JMHO.

Ditto

You can look up the rest of the times you made similar comments. I'm going to give that horse a break.

TCD

I thought we were going to leave the dead horse be.

But, since you asked, here is one of the several places where you mocked and ridiculed those who had the temerity to suggest that the MSB would no longer serve cinnamon rolls:

What's this "we" stuff Batman?

Please show me, in that statement released by Disney, where I said they will continue to serve CBs at the new Starbucks.

The room looks great! And now you have me wondering how much that shower curtain cost....

That stinks about the roommate. Hopefully they'll do some hall activities, so she can meet others if she's alone, and maybe if she ends up with one she doesn't like, she can switch in the fall. 

What's this "we" stuff Batman?

Please show me, in that statement released by Disney, where I said they will continue to serve CBs at the new Starbucks.

Seriously?

You can't follow that?

1. You posted the statement.

2. The wise DIT then pointed out that he read this wishy-washy Disney speak to mean that there would no longer be cinnamon rolls served at MSB.

3. The normally wise Grumpy Dave posted that he read that statement you posted as meaning the cinnamon rolls were only temporarily being served at Gaston's until the work on the bakery was complete.

4. You, in a rare case of brevity said "Ditto." Maybe you don't know what Ditto means? Well, it means that you are agreeing with the statement that you quoted. So, that is you agreeing that the cinnamon rolls would still be served at the Main Street Bakery.

And, by the way, you never called the new store Starbucks- you have maintained that it would still be the Main Street Bakery and that it would just happen to serve Starbucks coffee. I haven't seen it for myself yet, but every report so far indicates that it's all Starbucks stuff they are selling in there, except for a few Disney cupcakes. For all intents and purposes there is no more Main Street Bakery- it's just a giant Starbucks coffee store.

TCD

I don't deny posting it, but the statement is not mine. It's a quote from the Disney Parks Blog.

Thanks for the ditto clarification schmuck face. I was simply agreeing with Dave's opinion, repeat, his opinion, as I didn't know anymore than what was said by Disney. 

I'd still like a link to that thread though.

The whole roommate thing is one of the more stressful aspects of beginning college life.  Back in the days before facebook (or computers, for that matter), I remember finding out who my freshman roommate would be, and reaching out to him to try to kick things off well.  He wasn't responsive, and it turns out he was a huge stoner who just partied all the time.  Within a couple weeks I found another roommate (someone who's roommate had not shown up to school), and we had a good year.  Well, other than the time he was arrested for stalking a girl.  Like I said, the whole roommate thing can be quite stressful...

The room looks great! And now you have me wondering how much that shower curtain cost....

Go ahead and guess.

Like I said, I expected it to be expensive since it was Disney selling it.

But, it was much more than I thought it would be.

That stinks about the roommate. Hopefully they'll do some hall activities, so she can meet others if she's alone, and maybe if she ends up with one she doesn't like, she can switch in the fall.

She will be fine. Her whole floor is freshman girls who are all just starting, and they will be plenty of activities. Also, the church where my oldest daughter participated in a lot of activities is right across the street from the dorm.

This summer session is just 6 weeks. Then she will have a different dorm for the fall and spring. In the summer, they give the freshman nicer dorms, because there are more available. In the fall, she will be in a dorm where she shares a room with another girl, and then they share a bathroom with two other girls in an adjacent room. She will definitely have a roommate then. This summer may spoil her though.

TCD

I don't deny posting it, but the statement is not mine. It's a quote from the Disney Parks Blog.

Thanks for the ditto clarification schmuck face. I was simply agreeing with Dave's opinion, repeat, his opinion, as I didn't know anymore than what was said by Disney. 

I'd still like a link to that thread though.

That poor horse!

Do you see those little arrows over to the right in the quote blocks above? Click on those and they will take you right to the thread the quote came from.

Here's a link in case that is too hard for you or if those arrows don't display on your Commodore:

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/9192-tcds-february-2013-limited-time-magic-tr/page-12#entry252327

TCD

The whole roommate thing is one of the more stressful aspects of beginning college life.  Back in the days before facebook (or computers, for that matter), I remember finding out who my freshman roommate would be, and reaching out to him to try to kick things off well.  He wasn't responsive, and it turns out he was a huge stoner who just partied all the time.  Within a couple weeks I found another roommate (someone who's roommate had not shown up to school), and we had a good year.  Well, other than the time he was arrested for stalking a girl.  Like I said, the whole roommate thing can be quite stressful...

The roommate thing is even worse now. My oldest daughter had all kinds of drama. So much so, that I finally agreed to rent her a studio apartment for her senior year, just so she could have a drama-free last year of school.

I don't see Twin #2 not having a roommate as a negative at all. What I fear is that there will be a knock on her door and some crazy girl with a pile of stuff waiting to move in. The RA said that is not likely to happen, but it could. That part is not good. She spent the last month planning with who she thought would be her roommate. Having someone just show up will be hard. I hope if that happens the girl likes mermaids.

TCD

Did you know she wanted that shower curtain when I saw you?

Yes. But I didn't know how much they cost. I was thinking $30. Which to me would be a high price. Little did I know.

I'm guessing $50 for the shower curtain.

Not even close!

Yeah. I would not have guessed $50, but SSB is right, you aren't even in the ballpark.

I didn't know that, but I only have a 9th grade education.

You have said this before.

And, I have a hard time believing it.

The schools must have been really bad where you went.

TCD

My brother had a similar room mate drop out situation. It took about 2 weeks for him to meet someone that he got along with and that hated their current roommate and then they switched into dorming with my brother. I'm predicting the same for twin #2.

That would be a good solution. But I know Twin #1 is already scheming an extended visit, since she doesn't start her classes until August.

Please tell me it's not $194.50 like the one I saw online.

I bet whenever she decides she is done you can probably resell it.

$194.50?

To heck with waiting until she's done with it, I need to get that thing for sale on-line now!

No, Dave, it wasn't $194.50. So I guess I should be thankful for that.

TCD

You have said this before.

And, I have a hard time believing it.

It's true, and taking that into account, what I did learn has served me well. So I guess the schools were good back then.

Please tell me it's not $194.50 like the one I saw online. 

It can't cost that much for a shower curtain?