Mini TR: Memorial Day at Noccalula Falls

Memorial Day weekend found us back at our local CG. 

I took Friday off and pulled the camper up Thursday afternoon. By 4:30 I had scored a nice pull through and had everything set up. 

This will be a short TR, but here a few more from this same CG if you are interested in more pics.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/7745-tr-fall-at-the-falls/?hl=noccalula

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6375-noccalula-falls-mothers-day-we/?hl=noccalula

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/3973-halloween-bash-at-the-falls/?hl=noccalula

That should about do it.

Our set up for the weekend.

20130523_163701_zpse77e5349.jpg

This weekend was super nice. We had absolutely perfect weather the entire weekend....nice warm days with cool nights suitable for a campfire. 

The campground was absolutely packed with campers this weekend. I really like it when a CG is full of people. The kids playing and people milling about really is relaxing to me.

Mickey was there too.

20130524_172900_zpscaaf648c.jpg

and talking Goofy

20130524_172907_zpsd405ce99.jpg

We did not really do much besides relax. We had friends over for dinner one night with drinks by the fire. We cooked some nice ribeye steaks for my dad and dad's GF one night. I did a lot of biking with the kids. I also did some mountain biking on the adjacent trails. And the kids lived in the pool a few days even though the water was freezing.

Bode really is a happy camper

20130526_125001_zps7099658b.jpg

20130526_165358_zps95318de1.jpg

I also broke in a new grill on this trip too. I had carried a full size gas grill in the garage of the TH. It was a $20 purchase (with full bottle) from my neighbor who was moving, but it finally gave up the ghost at Disney this year. I rolled it out of the garage and gave it to our temporary neighbors.

A few months back I had purchased this one for our back deck

20130421_175112_zpsb6d606a7.jpg

It has been the best grill that I've had so far. I am now a Weber fan. 

So this little dude here now has a place in the pass through storage.

20130526_165912_zpsc2d0420e.jpg

I'm glad to report that it cooks very well too.

We also did a hike down the gorge to the creek. I nearly fell asleep laying on a sand beach while the girls skipped rocks across the water

20130525_101748_HDR_zpsbf03141f.jpg

The End

20130524_201938_HDR_zpsab2e6d28.jpg

Short and sweet! Looks like a great weekend!

Twas!

I also have a Weber for the home and a Q for the trailer.  Love both grills.  My home one cost me $20 at a garage sale....only needed to be cleaned up and new flavorizer bars put in.  Can't beat that. 

And I thought that the 20% off and free bottle that I got was a good deal. You did well!