No more loading golf carts on the hill on the side road at the Fort

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Larry would tell us that IMHO the use of poles to block off the use of this hill is a good idea in that people have been sadly misusing hills all over the Fort for years now with no thought to the imp

Oh yes.  He's real, and he's spectacular. 

Shame on you all anyone should be able to see Larry has a disability.(either his mother didn't love him or maybe he just has a small member)

I think Disney should build a loading ramp in the area of the hitching/unhitching turn outs for this purpose. Wouldn't help me much. I put on a show every time I load and unload the GC. Lou even stopped to watch once. I guess people or just waiting to see a disaster. It takes two sets of ramps to get high enough for the side of the Pete.

Is this that big of an issue for anyone?

I assume that the hill we are talking about is the one down this maintenance road, over there on the left:

hill_zps515f90c0.jpg

There is a very clear Do Not Enter sign there.

So lots of guests were driving past that sign and pulling their pick-ups up on the grass and helping themselves to that hill?

You know how many times I've seen that done?

Never.

Not even once.

I guess it happens often enough that Disney needed to put those posts up.

As for the people that need a hill to load and unload their golf cart, what would happen if they're on the road and got a flat on the truck? Jack up the truck with the golf cart in the bed?

TCD

Is this that big of an issue for anyone?

I assume that the hill we are talking about is the one down this maintenance road, over there on the left:

hill_zps515f90c0.jpg

There is a very clear Do Not Enter sign there.

So lots of guests were driving past that sign and pulling their pick-ups up on the grass and helping themselves to that hill?

You know how many times I've seen that done?

Never.

Not even once.

I guess it happens often enough that Disney needed to put those posts up.

As for the people that need a hill to load and unload their golf cart, what would happen if they're on the road and got a flat on the truck? Jack up the truck with the golf cart in the bed?

TCD

Wow is this coming from TCD who NEVER go beyond a DO NOT ENTER sign. I must be reading wrong.

BTW a lot of people use this to load their carts on the back of their pick-up trucks it makes it easier for them.

I believe if you have your truck parked just right and get enough speed in the cart, you can still hit that hill with enough velocity to go over any posts and plant that cart square in the bed of your truck.

I believe if you have your truck parked just right and get enough speed in the cart, you can still hit that hill with enough velocity to go over any posts and plant that cart square in the bed of your truck.

Don't try it Bob. Your cart doesn't have a quarter of the speed needed.

People wouldn't use that hill if the idiot managers, which is all of them, at the Fort really wanted to provide excellent customer service.

They could provide a platform at the hitch/unhitch location that is about the same height as the average pickup bed that would ramp down to road level.

FWG, the Evil Knievel Fiend.

Let me know when you're going to attempt the GC onto the pickup jump. Do you wear a cape?

It's possible you may have to have the truck moving forward to match the cart speed so the cart doesn't hit the front of the bed and vault the driver thru the rear window.

Being anti-cart, Larry would applaud the decision to block off that otherwise useless hill.

People wouldn't use that hill if the idiot managers, which is all of them, at the Fort really wanted to provide excellent customer service.

They could provide a platform at the hitch/unhitch location that is about the same height as the average pickup bed that would ramp down to road level.

Then some idiot guest, would let their idiot teen drive the cart and they would then use the ramp as a "ski jump" for the cart or even for their bikes. Or someother idiot teen would take their "not allowed" skate board up there and try to see how fast they could go down the ramp.

Then who gets sued when there is a serious injury?

Larry would tell us that IMHO the use of poles to block off the use of this hill is a good idea in that people have been sadly misusing hills all over the Fort for years now with no thought to the impact that their golf carts have on the natural beauty of the hills and that IMHO all cart owners should modify their carts to include hydraulics that would allow them to load and unload their carts from their trucks without the need for scarring a poor defenseless hill and IMHO you should look at my mods for step by step instructions on how to create a self loading cart and also no one should try and use those poles to string up a clotheslines because that would damage the poles and is uncalled for

Eternabond was probably the only useful advice Larry ever gave.

I hate to say it, but he did keep me from blowing out the electrical on my camper when I was building my garage. He noted that it needed to be wired 110 30Amp instead of 220 30Amp, and the contractor had indeed wired it 220 till I corrected him.  However, he did tell me that with a long sentence without punctuation :)