Toto... I Don't Think We're At Disney Anymore.

Holy guacamole!  Little H is indeed the bestest big brother around.

Thank goodness everything turned out ok in the end.

Good Lord!!! I just had to get up and walk about for a moment, you grab little H for me and kiss those cheeks and tell him that EVERYONE is very proud of what a wonderful little man he is.. shew lawdy honey, my crazy eyes just came out. 

Note to self:  NO Carowinds for Judy, an incident like that would require me to acost a poor innocent person that was probalby not even in the park that day..

(remember ya'll love me, even the crazy part :heart:)

especially the crazy part :heart:

What Nicki said!  :heartsmiley:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're so tired of the "Total Immersion, Magical Experience" thing.... Then this TR is for you.  There will be none of that nonsense here.   This weekend H, Lil H, Gabe and I headed out for CAMP Wi

I say WWW require lots of practice. So we should do both.

:)

Holy guacamole!  Little H is indeed the bestest big brother around.

Thank goodness everything turned out ok in the end.

What Nicki said!  :heartsmiley:

What Nicki and Mo said. :heart:

... and thanks. 

I just now had a chance to read your trip report and almost had a stroke when I read about the whirlybirds!! I would have had a full-fledged panic attack if I had been you!!! Thank goodness Lil H did such a good job taking care of Gabe. He's such a great big brother!!!

I am not usually given over to panic, at least not until after everything is settled down, but the adrenaline rush had me shaking all over.  I was terrified and angry all at once.  Not a good thing for KFK or anyone around her. 

Thank you for the nice words about lil H.  That boy is something else.  G couldn't ask for a better big brother and that's a fact.  

Caught up.

Great job by Lil H!

Bad job by staff of the ride.

I commend you and H for how you handled it.

looking forward to more.

I couldnt help but notice the lack of people at the CB pirate show.

I would prefer to see a big head Lucy pull th football away while big head Charlie Brown falls down.

Kim, my heart was pure pounding while I was reading this. I can't imagine the anxiety you and H must have been having. Thank Goodness Lil H was able to step up and handle the situation. I'm sure he was anxious too. I'm glad we didn't have to get the bail money together for you!

:heart: you much!

It looks like the boys were having a great time, though!

Caught up.

Great job by Lil H!

Bad job by staff of the ride.

I commend you and H for how you handled it.

looking forward to more.

I couldnt help but notice the lack of people at the CB pirate show.

I would prefer to see a big head Lucy pull th football away while big head Charlie Brown falls down.

You commend us for getting very angry and yelling.  Awesome.  I knew you were my kind. ;D

As the saying goes... there is a reason for everything.  Hopefully Lil H won't ask to see it again next time we're there and they will lack four more people.

Me too.  Meeee.... too.   I would have been happy with Schroder playing his piano with Snoopy dancing in the background.

Kim, my heart was pure pounding while I was reading this. I can't imagine the anxiety you and H must have been having. Thank Goodness Lil H was able to step up and handle the situation. I'm sure he was anxious too. I'm glad we didn't have to get the bail money together for you!

:heart: you much!

It looks like the boys were having a great time, though!

Thank you Rita.  I'm also glad no bail money was needed.   

In spite of everything, yes there was another issue later, we still had a good time and would consider going back.

:heart:  :hug:

I would have freaked!!!! Lil H is a great big bro. You should write a letter to the park to avoid something like that happening in the future.

I did freak.  Or did you skip that part?  :rofl2:   

Thank you, lil H is a wonderful big brother.   I have a survey in my e-mail.  They will be hearing about it in the very near future.

Oh Kim...what a horrible feeling being trapped on that whirly bird must have been! I get nervous when my kids get on the elevator before me, thinking the doors may close before I can get on! 

Bravo to Lil H! I know this was a weird situation, but I think people don't realize the challenges that siblings of special needs kids sometimes have to face. He did a great job!

I'm looking forward to the rest of it!

Kim,

Really enjoying reading your trip report! I too, felt soooooo bad when I read about the whirly bird fiasco!!!! I would have totally freaked out had that happened to me when my boys were young!! Bravo to little H for watching out for Gabe, when he was frightened himself. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip!

Heidi

Oh Kim...what a horrible feeling being trapped on that whirly bird must have been! I get nervous when my kids get on the elevator before me, thinking the doors may close before I can get on! 

Bravo to Lil H! I know this was a weird situation, but I think people don't realize the challenges that siblings of special needs kids sometimes have to face. He did a great job!

I'm looking forward to the rest of it!

Thank you Misty!  Thanks for reading along.  You're right people don't realize how difficult it can be for the siblings!

I have fallen behind on the updates.  Hopefully after the fourth I can get this thing cranked back up. There's still a lot left! :)

Kim,

Really enjoying reading your trip report! I too, felt soooooo bad when I read about the whirly bird fiasco!!!! I would have totally freaked out had that happened to me when my boys were young!! Bravo to little H for watching out for Gabe, when he was frightened himself. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip!

Heidi

Thank you for the comments Heidi! 

To say the least I would have freaked. Heads would have rolled.

I definitely freaked.  Linda Blair could have taken head spinning lessons from me.  

Sorry for dragging this out everyone!  Life has been very busy lately.  Good but busy. :)

Thank you Misty!  Thanks for reading along.  You're right people don't realize how difficult it can be for the siblings!

I have fallen behind on the updates.  Hopefully after the fourth I can get this thing cranked back up. There's still a lot left! :)

Thank you for the comments Heidi! 

I definitely freaked.  Linda Blair could have taken head spinning lessons from me.  

Sorry for dragging this out everyone!  Life has been very busy lately.  Good but busy. :)

1341436411739.jpg

LOL, Have you met my friend? Linda Blair sitting here with Mama on the Porch at Crockett's! She can be a tad grumpy at times, but I've never seen her head spin! She got along great with all the Fiends at the 4th last year and was with us for Halloween and Thanksgiving. You'd love her, Kim!

Now I'm feeling nostalgic about being at the Fort on the 4th. :(

1341436411739.jpg

LOL, Have you met my friend? Linda Blair sitting here with Mama on the Porch at Crockett's! She can be a tad grumpy at times, but I've never seen her head spin! She got along great with all the Fiends at the 4th last year and was with us for Halloween and Thanksgiving. You'd love her, Kim!

Now I'm feeling nostalgic about being at the Fort on the 4th. :(

Don't let Linda Blair fool you.... she's tricky like that.   :))   J/K  No, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting your Linda Blair, I am sure her head doesn't spin.  At least I hope not.

I'm not going to discuss not being at the Fort.  I am not going to depress myself. Think happy thoughts... 

The rest of the photos are uploading to Photobucket. When they're done I'll hopefully get another update in before I need to pick up G from his grandparent's house.

Ok... I believe this TR left off at the Charlie Brown Pirate Song and Dance.. errr... I mean Adventure.

The next photos are of the boys on the carousel so I assume that was where we headed after the "show".

P1020702.jpg

P1020701-1.jpg

P1020704-1.jpg

Our next adventure was The Boo Blasters.   Sorry no photos.  I'll take that back ... I'm not sorry.  You're welcome.  The kids liked it but..... (I'll just leave that comment hanging there.)

I will say this.  If you are sick of the "total immersion" experience and all that theming and such that other parks put us through.. this could be the ride for you.   Sometimes a que line just needs to be a que line.  No muss no fuss.  No theme.  Not even a misting fan.  Just a maze of metal railing to herd the people through the line.  

P1020705.jpg

P1020706-1.jpg

Once we were done blasting the villian of the Boo Blasters ride, Boocifer (yes I said Boocifer), we were off to the Bumper Cars.  

You can't go wrong with Bumper Cars.  

P1020750.jpg

P1020710.jpg

We passed this on our way to wherever we were going...  

I call it the "Not In This Life" ride.   I love all things roller coaster but this one would only be ridden by me if it were life and death.  That is the only way.  Or maybe a triple dog dare, but I doubt it.

P1020712.jpg

We found a nice resting spot.  Not a good look for Gabe.  LOL.

P1020713.jpg

P1020714.jpg

P1020715.jpg

P1020716.jpg

The Family Dryer.  This was outside the River Rapids Ride.    We did not use it.   The KFK fam just stayed wet.

P1020717.jpg

The fancy light fixtures in the line for the river ride.

P1020718.jpg

P1020719.jpg

P1020720.jpg

This ride was a kid pleaser.  We had to wait an hour.  It was worth it.  The squeals and giggles made it all worth it.

Stopping here for a while as I'm not sure how many photos I have even tried to put in here.   MOre to come later...

I call it the "Not In This Life" ride.   I love all things roller coaster but this one would only be ridden by me if it were life and death.  That is the only way.  Or maybe a triple dog dare, but I doubt it.

P1020712.jpg

Hmmm.... I think I might be with you on this one.  At least I'd have to see it in person and ponder it a bit.

But then again you know if Nicki whizzes by with a "Let's Go!!" I'm probably gone.   8)

Hmmm.... I think I might be with you on this one.  At least I'd have to see it in person and ponder it a bit.

But then again you know if Nicki whizzes by with a "Let's Go!!" I'm probably gone.   8)

let's see... "Mo Let's Not Go"!

Ok.  I am all in for carefully planned sudden drops in carefully enclosed vehicles .... I am not in for rides with the potential for accidental long drops with excessively painful stops (if you catch my drift) and do you really think Turkey Pants survive watching us ride this one?  She would be a poodle by the end of it.

After the river rapids lil H really wanted to go up in the Carolina Skytower, so we did.  It was a lot of fun and gave us a birds eye view of the park and Charlotte skyline off in the distance. 

P1020723.jpg

P1020724.jpg

P1020725.jpg

P1020726.jpg

P1020727.jpg

P1020729.jpg

P1020731.jpg

P1020734.jpg

Most of you will remember that lil H's day got off to a rough start.

1.  The whirleybird fiasco.

2.  The pirate ship ride made him sick.

3.  He wasn't allowed to ride something he really wanted to ride b/c the worker said he was too tall.          ......Which he wasn't.

I am not sure if I mentioned how horribly unorganized and NOT guest friendly the character meet and greets were.  Several times we waited in line for a character photo and each and every time as soon as it was Lil H's turn..... they just turned around and walked away.  Not a word from the staff member assisting the characters.. just a "tough luck" sort of look before turning their back to leave. Poor lil H.  NOT. MAGICAL. AT. ALL.  Booo!  Where is a Boo Blaster when you need one!?!?

As we were walking around he spotted a giant Snoopy statue and said "Mama!!! Take my picture!!  And the best part is.... HE WON'T WALK AWAY!!!!"  Nearly broke my heart. 

P1020749.jpg

P1020748.jpg

P1020747.jpg

P1020746.jpg

Little H does not like steep drops.  He insisted he wanted to ride Whitewater Falls.  Falls being the operative word.  

One hill up.  One drop.  Get soaked.  

Their faces were hilarious during the drop.  Both had teeth gritted and eyes as big as saucers.   :rofl2:

Gabe started laughing like crazy when we got to the bottom and were splashed.  

lil H did not.  He just said "I hated it!  I hated it!"   :rofl2:

He may have hated the drop but he did like the observation deck.

P1020741.jpg

The giant wall of water just before I made a run for it to protect the camera.

P1020742.jpg

We were pretty tired by now and decided to head back to Camp Wilderness for an evening of R and R.  

P1020743.jpg

P1020745.jpg

Coming up:  Another Day In The Park, The Water Park and miscellaneous. 

It looked worse in person.  No way in the hot place will I be riding that.  Fist is not up in the air.  No how.

If Nicki whizzes by with a "Let's Go"  I'll wait on y'all at the bottom.   :rofl2:

let's see... "Mo Let's Not Go"!

Ok.  I am all in for carefully planned sudden drops in carefully enclosed vehicles .... I am not in for rides with the potential for accidental long drops with excessively painful stops (if you catch my drift) and do you really think Turkey Pants survive watching us ride this one?  She would be a poodle by the end of it.

Ditto.

Imagine that thing slinging loose.  Not only will there be a drop but you will be hurled into the sky while vomiting.  NO thanks.

I will be a poodle with Turkey Pants.

It looked worse in person.  No way in the hot place will I be riding that.  Fist is not up in the air.  No how.

If Nicki whizzes by with a "Let's Go"  I'll wait on y'all at the bottom.   :rofl2:

Ditto.

Imagine that thing slinging loose.  Not only will there be a drop but you will be hurled into the sky while vomiting.  NO thanks.

I will be a poodle with Turkey Pants.

Strangely the same scenario flashed in my mind years ago at the state fair in a similiar ride.... have not done the swings since

Strangely the same scenario flashed in my mind years ago at the state fair in a similiar ride.... have not done the swings since

Kimmie don't do swings either.   I don't like heights when I don't feel securely confined.  Legs hanging loose while that high is not cool.  I will ride ToT over and over though bc I feel safe in the "elevator".  Go figure. :))