Orange  :)

Blue!

Orange!

Blue!

(That's for DIT and GDF)

(It's a cheer they do at UF Football games)

But my MB really is blue.  Orange would have been my second choice.

We only have 2 day tickets for next week, and it would only let me make 2 days of FP+ reservations.

So, it is limiting FP+ selections to the number of days you have on your tickets?

Seals-if you are still reading along- are you limited to making FP+ reservations to just the number of days left on your tickets?

TCD

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

When we were going down at christmas I bought a 2 day ticket hoping it would let us making all our FP+ choices for Sil till we had the money to upgrade when we got there. Found out real quick it would not. I was able to call and get them upgraded over the phone since we had chosen the pickup option. 

So, it is limiting FP+ selections to the number of days you have on your tickets?

Seals-if you are still reading along- are you limited to making FP+ reservations to just the number of days left on your tickets?

Yes, it limits me to the 5 remaining days I have on my ticket then it says that I'm not eligible to make any additional FP+ selections.

And when I first got the MB, I couldn't make any FP+ selections until I linked a ticket, even though I had a reservation. 

And FWIW both my MBs are yellow for no reason except I picked red, blue, green and gray for the rest of my family and there was no purple.

And it made me sad to make 5 random days of FP+ selections (several for It's a Small World) and then have to cancel them because it was only a test.  :(

When we were going down at christmas I bought a 2 day ticket hoping it would let us making all our FP+ choices for Sil till we had the money to upgrade when we got there. Found out real quick it would not. I was able to call and get them upgraded over the phone since we had chosen the pickup option. 

Yes, it limits me to the 5 remaining days I have on my ticket then it says that I'm not eligible to make any additional FP+ selections.

And when I first got the MB, I couldn't make any FP+ selections until I linked a ticket, even though I had a reservation. 

And FWIW both my MBs are yellow for no reason except I picked red, blue, green and gray for the rest of my family and there was no purple.

And it made me sad to make 5 random days of FP+ selections (several for It's a Small World) and then have to cancel them because it was only a test.  :(

Thanks for sharing Jason and Seals.

So far, since I have an AP and a MB from a previous trip, I can make FP+ reservations for every day between now and 60 days from now.

I believe at some point they will impose limitations on AP holders who don't have resort reservations, but for now there don't appear to be any.

TCD

Blue!

Orange!

Blue!

(That's for DIT and GDF)

(It's a cheer they do at UF Football games)

But my MB really is blue.  Orange would have been my second choice.

TCD

Actually....imagine the revenue possbilities if Disney offered MB's in school colors with logos?  Would you pay an extra $10-15 for a Gator MB?  Or Dawg, Tiger...etc.? 

Actually....imagine the revenue possbilities if Disney offered MB's in school colors with logos?  Would you pay an extra $10-15 for a Gator MB?  Or Dawg, Tiger...etc.? 

On our last trip, the twins told me that they thought they remembered something in previous promotional material showing MB's with Disney designs on them like princesses and such- not the band covers, but the bands themselves.

Disney ought to offer this as an option- you're right- people would pay.

TCD

Thanks for sharing Jason and Seals.

So far, since I have an AP and a MB from a previous trip, I can make FP+ reservations for every day between now and 60 days from now.

I believe at some point they will impose limitations on AP holders who don't have resort reservations, but for now there don't appear to be any.

TCD

I don't see that happening. They will start selling MBs for non resort guests that will offer the same benefits as resort guests, with the exception of room access and such. So non resort guests will be allowed to make FP+ selections in advance as well. As long as there is an active ticket linked, you should be able to make FP+ selections.

On our last trip, the twins told me that they thought they remembered something in previous promotional material showing MB's with Disney designs on them like princesses and such- not the band covers, but the bands themselves.

Disney ought to offer this as an option- you're right- people would pay.

TCD

As things progress, this is an option. The MBs will be sold at select locations.

Some ideas floating around:

Bands-3-600x336.jpg

Devores-

I hope you're right about the AP FP+'s.  But as more and more guests get access to the system, I see them limiting access to resort guests, which kind of seems to be the direction they have taken so far.

That photo must be what the girls were talking about.  Those look pretty neat.  I'm sure they would rather have something like that than a generic plain MB.  Disney is going to make that Billion back before we know it.

TCD

I've heard about people able to easily change their FP+ times, but that's not working for me. I want to change my ETwB time for Friday, and it's telling me there are no other times available. I checked to see if I could change any others, and I could (but don't want to). 

I've heard about people able to easily change their FP+ times, but that's not working for me. I want to change my ETwB time for Friday, and it's telling me there are no other times available. I checked to see if I could change any others, and I could (but don't want to). 

We have had mixed luck with changing times.

I suspect that as more and more people are using the system, it is going to be harder to change times.

One of the problems with time changes when you have 3 FP+ reservations is that the times of your other reservations will block-out available times around them so that you can't create a scheduling conflict.  So, I've heard some people recommend deleting all of your FP+ reservations and starting over.  My fear in doing that is that you may not get back what you had if you don't like the new times.

Just for kicks-what times and FP+'s are you looking at on Friday?  I can log on and see what it gives me.

One thing that we have had a lot of luck with is making changes the day of.  I think they must be blocking out times so that there is still day of availability for those who can't reserve ahead of time.

TCD

I'm trying to change ETwB to 12-1. I don't have anything else scheduled then.

OK- I just looked.

It's doing something I've never seen before.

It won't give me ETWB before 6:55 pm.  If I pick an option earlier than that, it takes away the ETWB and substitutes a meet and greet with Ariel!

Is this Friday even a busy time?

I guess there are no more ETWB slots open earlier in the day.  That's pretty lame considering this isn't anywhere near a peak time, and the number of guests who can reserve in advance is still very limited.

TCD

OK- I just looked.

It's doing something I've never seen before.

It won't give me ETWB before 6:55 pm.  If I pick an option earlier than that, it takes away the ETWB and substitutes a meet and greet with Ariel!

Is this Friday even a busy time?

I guess there are no more ETWB slots open earlier in the day.  That's pretty lame considering this isn't anywhere near a peak time, and the number of guests who can reserve in advance is still very limited.

TCD

Two words, Tour Groups. They are very abundant right now. Maybe they are hogging all the times.

Not all of them. I saw a group of 35 the other day with MBs.

I would not be the least bit surprised if they are giving these groups MB's even if they are staying off site.

No way do they want a huge group showing up and monopolizing the kiosks in the parks.  They probably let the tour guides pick more than 3 FP+'s too.  It's big money for Disney, so why not cater to them?

TCD

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/01/27/fastpass-testing-begin-annual-passholders/

Annual Passholders have been waiting (some patiently, most impatiently) for the day when FastPass+ testing for them would begin. It appears that AP holders will now have this opportunity, beginning in the next few weeks. This test is very limited, and Passholders will be selected at random to participate.

The test will allow Annual Passholders to test MyMagic+ by making advance FastPass+ reservations, using My Disney Experience, and customizing MagicBands.

Like other tests, the Passholders who are selected for the trial will be able to make 3 FastPass+ reservations at a single park per day. Those testing the system will be able to make FastPass+ selections by using either the My Disney Experience app or by stopping at a FastPass+ kiosk. Passholders will be able to make up to seven days of FastPass+ selections over a continuous 60 day time period.

In addition, participating Passholders will receive a discount card. This card must be used (along with a photo ID) to receive a Passholder discounts. Cards will either be black or gold. The gold card indicates complimentary parking is included. The black card indicates that the guest has no complimentary parking.

Once selected for the program, Annual Passholders should then have the ability to customize and order MagicBands and be able to use them in the parks.

A roll out for all Annual Passholders is expected to take place within the coming months. For more information, visit thePassholder information page.

Thanks for checking TCD. I couldn't get any other time to come up for 3 people, so it's kind of interesting that you could. Although I think I've figured out why. I've heard it won't let you book FP+ an hour before or 2 hours after an ADR. I have the Dessert Party booked that night.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/01/27/fastpass-testing-begin-annual-passholders/

Annual Passholders have been waiting (some patiently, most impatiently) for the day when FastPass+ testing for them would begin. It appears that AP holders will now have this opportunity, beginning in the next few weeks. This test is very limited, and Passholders will be selected at random to participate.

The test will allow Annual Passholders to test MyMagic+ by making advance FastPass+ reservations, using My Disney Experience, and customizing MagicBands.

Like other tests, the Passholders who are selected for the trial will be able to make 3 FastPass+ reservations at a single park per day. Those testing the system will be able to make FastPass+ selections by using either the My Disney Experience app or by stopping at a FastPass+ kiosk. Passholders will be able to make up to seven days of FastPass+ selections over a continuous 60 day time period.

In addition, participating Passholders will receive a discount card. This card must be used (along with a photo ID) to receive a Passholder discounts. Cards will either be black or gold. The gold card indicates complimentary parking is included. The black card indicates that the guest has no complimentary parking.

Once selected for the program, Annual Passholders should then have the ability to customize and order MagicBands and be able to use them in the parks.

A roll out for all Annual Passholders is expected to take place within the coming months. For more information, visit thePassholder information page.

Interesting.

So there is a limit on the number of days that Passholders can make FP+ reservations.

Interesting about the black and gold cards.  As those of you who are passholders know, the current passes are on plastic cards with RFID chips.  The passholder's name is not printed on the card, nor is there a printed expiration date.  We got our new cards at Epcot last year, when you had to go in the old Odyssey restaurant to pick them up.  Our passes just came up for renewal, and we renewed them last week- they didn't give us new cards- they told us we had to keep the old ones- the ticket CM had a rag and some kind of liquid in a bottle that he used to wipe off the old expiration dates that were written with a Sharpee.  He said we didn't need to write the new expiration dates on the cards.  Classy.  They spend a billion dollars on this, and we get to re-use our cards from last year?

I guess we didn't get new cards because these black and gold ones are on the way.  Sounds like we will eventually get gold cards.  Woo Hoo.

BTW- none of the information from that site Jason referenced is on the official passholder page.  Typical.

TCD

Thanks for checking TCD. I couldn't get any other time to come up for 3 people, so it's kind of interesting that you could. Although I think I've figured out why. I've heard it won't let you book FP+ an hour before or 2 hours after an ADR. I have the Dessert Party booked that night.

That one/two hour thing stinks.  I guess they don't want a guest to not show up or leave and not spend money eating because of a FP+ reservation.

TCD

Interesting.

So there is a limit on the number of days that Passholders can make FP+ reservations.

Interesting about the black and gold cards.  As those of you who are passholders know, the current passes are on plastic cards with RFID chips.  The passholder's name is not printed on the card, nor is there a printed expiration date.  We got our new cards at Epcot last year, when you had to go in the old Odyssey restaurant to pick them up.  Our passes just came up for renewal, and we renewed them last week- they didn't give us new cards- they told us we had to keep the old ones- the ticket CM had a rag and some kind of liquid in a bottle that he used to wipe off the old expiration dates that were written with a Sharpee.  He said we didn't need to write the new expiration dates on the cards.  Classy.  They spend a billion dollars on this, and we get to re-use our cards from last year?

I guess we didn't get new cards because these black and gold ones are on the way.  Sounds like we will eventually get gold cards.  Woo Hoo.

BTW- none of the information from that site Jason referenced is on the official passholder page.  Typical.

TCD

The black and gold cards are temporary. Eventually the discounts will be automatic when using your MB to make purchases. Since an AP holder will have no reason to carry their actual AP card, they need a way to ID them to apply their discounts. The black and gold cards ARE NOT your AP. Its just a card to ID you as one so you can get your perks until they can work it into the system.

Ok, I found what I was looking for.

AP holders not staying at a Disney resort can hold up to 7 days at any time during a 60 day rolling calendar.

AP holders staying at a Disney resort can hold up to the number of days on their reservation or 7 days, which ever is greater.

This means you can make 7 days of FP+ reservations 60 days out. When you use one of those days you can make one more day and so on. Or, you make one for this weekend. After you use that day, you have 7 again. This is a good thing. This means the FP+ reservations cannot be monopolized by AP holders who make them, just in case, and then never use them. Can you imagine the horror is every AP holder made FP+ reservations everyday for 60 days.