• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

How many does an occasional visiting family who are not WDW fanatics, use?

The 3 of you are not the typical, average, guest.

Depends on who you are, how much you like to do the rides, what time of year you go, how much time you have to spend in the parks, and what your tolerance is for standing in line.

We ride pretty much everything and rarely use FPs except for TSM, but ...there are also only 2 of us with no kids, we have APs and don't mind bouncing back and forth to avoid lines, frequently do PM EMH, don't mind splitting up to ride single rider, and spend 3 weeks at a whack at WDW so that if we miss something one day, we can come back another time.

Depends on who you are, how much you like to do the rides, what time of year you go, how much time you have to spend in the parks, and what your tolerance is for standing in line.

Duh, I realize that, let me be more specific. It's everyone except those people that are like you three.

For the normal, non-fanatical, visitor, there is a number of FPs that is sufficient. Anymore than that magic number would mean that a good percentage of FPs would go unused. That eliminates people who actually want to go on an attraction from being able to because everyone has more FPs than they will use.

Disney seems to feel that the number is three.

Duh, I realize that, let me be more specific. It's everyone except those people that are like you three.

For the normal, non-fanatical, visitor, there is a number of FPs that is sufficient. Anymore than that magic number would mean that a good percentage of FPs would go unused. That eliminates people who actually want to go on an attraction from being able to because everyone has more FPs than they will use.

Disney seems to feel that the number is three.

I think Lou just likes repeating that we're not normal. TCD, Mo, are we going to take this???

I think Lou just likes repeating that we're not normal. TCD, Mo, are we going to take this???

Yes, you will take it because do you really want to go down that road.

There is photographic proof. Not so many of you, but Mo and TCD, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Can we say 24 hours at MK?

...For the normal, non-fanatical, visitor, there is a number of FPs that is sufficient.

Read all the words, bus man.  Previous answer still applies - it depends.  A "normal" family of 6 who's only at WDW for 3 days in August without park hoppers would likely need more FPs than a family of 3 who's there for 2 weeks in October with park hoppers.  Depends on what you're considering an average visitor, but beyond that it also depends on when and for how long they're visiting.

You hold him down and I'll hug the stuffing out of him. 

Yes, you will take it because do you really want to go down that road.

There is photographic proof. Not so many of you, but Mo and TCD, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Can we say 24 hours at MK?

I'm not afraid of no photos.  You're not on FB, but there is actually much worse out there thanks to my beloved sister whom I smacked the last time I saw her.   I gave up all shreds of vanity for lent long ago.  8)

Depends on what you're considering an average visitor, but beyond that it also depends on when and for how long they're visiting.

I thought I made that perfectly clear, everyone that's not like you 3 nut cases.

You hold him down and I'll hug the stuffing out of him. 

UNCLE!!!!!

I'm not afraid of no photos.  You're not on FB, but there is actually much worse out there thanks to my beloved sister whom I smacked the last time I saw her.   I gave up all shreds of vanity for lent long ago. 

Thanks for the lead. Guess I'm going on FB.

Duh, I realize that, let me be more specific. It's everyone except those people that are like you three.

For the normal, non-fanatical, visitor, there is a number of FPs that is sufficient. Anymore than that magic number would mean that a good percentage of FPs would go unused. That eliminates people who actually want to go on an attraction from being able to because everyone has more FPs than they will use.

Disney seems to feel that the number is three.

I agree that three would be the average but what is wrong with having both systems.

3 fast pass +

And when you've used and only after you've used all 3 you can go to a kiosk and if there's fast passes available you can get one, use it and then get another.

That would cover more people and the way they like to do parks.

If you got to the park early you could easily use 3 fast passes before noon and then you would have to wait in line when there's still fast passes available.

What's wrong with this idea?

I'm not afraid of no photos.  You're not on FB, but there is actually much worse out there thanks to my beloved sister whom I smacked the last time I saw her.   I gave up all shreds of vanity for lent long ago. 

Thanks for the lead. Guess I'm going on FB.

THAT's what it took - access to horrible pictures of me?!  I feel honored. ...I think.  8)

I just want to report that the Magic Band I was given today works on the comfort station door. I didnt have to go by the desk an extrw time for it to work. This is a generic Grey given at the desk. I'll know tomorrow if the pre ordered one works.

They have GOT to fix this general door and gate problem.  So far, it has been sporadic if MBs work or not. This quit giving printed KTTW cards yesterday. The pre-ordered MBs do NOT work on the comfort station doors.  When we checked into the 2nd site yesterday, they wanted to give us only ONE blank door card for 8 people. One front desk CM insisted the MBs would work on the doors.  Another one of our group was at another station at the desk, and they said NO the MBs would NOT work on the doors. We finally manged to get 4 cards for the doors. Then yesterday evening, we stopped by concierge near Hoop De Doo. They couldn't understand why the MBs weren't working on the doors, cause they looked fine to them. We told them the front desk was insisting we needed only one card. They called the front desk, and managed to get more cards delivered to our site. But last night after coming back from Wal-Mart, NONE of the MBs worked on the back gate, and the cards they gave us didn't work on the back gate. The guy on the intercom insisted that we back up and come around to the front, and as he scanned our MB, he said maybe the cold made the gate not work, and he said we should have swiped the key card, but there was nowhere to swipe!

They REALLY need to fix this. Why is it so hard to make a chip work on a plastic band!! The card system has worked for years!!

They have GOT to fix this general door and gate problem.  So far, it has been sporadic if MBs work or not. This quit giving printed KTTW cards yesterday. The pre-ordered MBs do NOT work on the comfort station doors.  When we checked into the 2nd site yesterday, they wanted to give us only ONE blank door card for 8 people. One front desk CM insisted the MBs would work on the doors.  Another one of our group was at another station at the desk, and they said NO the MBs would NOT work on the doors. We finally manged to get 4 cards for the doors. Then yesterday evening, we stopped by concierge near Hoop De Doo. They couldn't understand why the MBs weren't working on the doors, cause they looked fine to them. We told them the front desk was insisting we needed only one card. They called the front desk, and managed to get more cards delivered to our site. But last night after coming back from Wal-Mart, NONE of the MBs worked on the back gate, and the cards they gave us didn't work on the back gate. The guy on the intercom insisted that we back up and come around to the front, and as he scanned our MB, he said maybe the cold made the gate not work, and he said we should have swiped the key card, but there was nowhere to swipe!

They REALLY need to fix this. Why is it so hard to make a chip work on a plastic band!! The card system has worked for years!!

This is unacceptable.

But not surprising.

What do you expect when a bunch of idiots are running the place?

They've known this has been coming for over a year.

I agree-what's so hard about making an RFID chip work?

TCD

Just did a test that might help someone with planning.  I have a non-expiring ticket that I linked to MBs in November when staying onsite and then used 3 of the 8 days. Just now I was able to pick a random date in Feb. and make FP+ reservations even though I don't have any onsite resort reservation for that day.  So apparently I could stay offsite next time and still make FP+ reservations ahead of time. Savings for staying offsite could offset cost of non-expiring tickets. 

Also, in November we stayed 4 nights onsite and then 3 nights at the Dolphin (which did not have the ability to make FP+ reservations ahead of time), but were still able to use all the FP+ reservations we made ahead of time for our parks day while staying at the Dolphin. So linked tickets (bought not as a package), after an initial resort reservation, seems to be the key to making FP+ while the tickets are still good. At least for now.

And the info on MDE said 8-day non-expiring tickets and then Expiration Date: December 31, 2030.  Maybe they know something I don't?

Just did a test that might help someone with planning.  I have a non-expiring ticket that I linked to MBs in November when staying onsite and then used 3 of the 8 days. Just now I was able to pick a random date in Feb. and make FP+ reservations even though I don't have any onsite resort reservation for that day.  So apparently I could stay offsite next time and still make FP+ reservations ahead of time. Savings for staying offsite could offset cost of non-expiring tickets. 

Also, in November we stayed 4 nights onsite and then 3 nights at the Dolphin (which did not have the ability to make FP+ reservations ahead of time), but were still able to use all the FP+ reservations we made ahead of time for our parks day while staying at the Dolphin. So linked tickets (bought not as a package), after an initial resort reservation, seems to be the key to making FP+ while the tickets are still good. At least for now.

And the info on MDE said 8-day non-expiring tickets and then Expiration Date: December 31, 2030.  Maybe they know something I don't?

So far, the key is that once you have a MB, you can continue to make FP+ reservations for future dates, whether or not you have another resort reservation.  I'm not even sure you have to continue to have a valid ticket or pass- MDE was letting me make FP+ reservations for past the date that my pass was going to expire.

You said you picked a random date in February.  I can go on MDE and make FP+ reservations all the way into late March.  I guess that's 60 days out.

But, I don't think this will last forever.  At some point, my guess is that they're going to clamp down on this so only resort guests with actual reservations will be able to make the advanced FP+ reservations.

For now, though, it is wide open.

TCD

What color did you get?

TCD

Orange  :)

I can report that MBs work extremely well for Magical Express - walk up, scan, walk up scan, TA DAH. No vouchers necessary.

They also worked very well for park admission.

As Carol noted above though, they didn't work for pooh when it came to the comfort stations.

Oh well... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Unless you need a comfort station at 2am...

Orange  :)

I can report that MBs work extremely well for Magical Express - walk up, scan, walk up scan, TA DAH. No vouchers necessary.

They also worked very well for park admission.

As Carol noted above though, they didn't work for pooh when it came to the comfort stations.

Oh well... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Unless you need a comfort station at 2am...

Orange!??!?! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So far, the key is that once you have a MB, you can continue to make FP+ reservations for future dates, whether or not you have another resort reservation.  I'm not even sure you have to continue to have a valid ticket or pass- MDE was letting me make FP+ reservations for past the date that my pass was going to expire.

You said you picked a random date in February.  I can go on MDE and make FP+ reservations all the way into late March.  I guess that's 60 days out.

But, I don't think this will last forever.  At some point, my guess is that they're going to clamp down on this so only resort guests with actual reservations will be able to make the advanced FP+ reservations.

For now, though, it is wide open.

TCD

We only have 2 day tickets for next week, and it would only let me make 2 days of FP+ reservations.