• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

I wonder if this is temporary until they up date those locks.

And if those locks are not RF enabled, why aren't they?

I believe its more of a problem with allowing the MBs access to open common doors. All locks on Disney property should have been upgraded by now.

A small number of Guests will receive an RF-enabled card for use on common doors. This includes Fort Wilderness campsite Guests as well as concierge-level Guests who check in to the resort before their room is ready. These cards will not have the other functionality that a MB does. So all they do is open the doors.

I wonder if this is temporary until they up date those locks.

And if those locks are not RF enabled, why aren't they?

Jeez.

You're right Lou.

The locks read an RFID chip in the cards- so why can't they make the MB's work?

So they're going to issue every stinking Fort guest a MB, which does nothing at the Fort.  Plus an RFID card?  As Carol said, if you're not going in to the parks, the MB is a useless souvenir.

I sound like a broken record, but the Fort is managed by idiots.

TCD

So the new RFID cards work, but the MBs don't. I guess there is a difference in the RFID tag?

I don't think we can completely blame Fort management for this one though. The MyMagic program is a company wide program, so there is some blame there too.

The RFID chip in the MB's can work- two of the Fiend Daves say so.  And I believe them.

But, I've had two check-ins at the Fort since the testing began, and both times, I was specifically told that my MB's would not open the Comfort Station doors or the returning guest gate.  And they didn't.  We got RFID KTTW cards instead, and those worked.

According to the announcement Devores quoted, FW guests will continue to have to keep track of MB's and some kind of fake KTTW cards.

Idiots.

TCD

We didn't have any problems using our MBs, beyond not being able to open the gate and comfort stations. We liked that we already had the FP+ so we didn't have to send a runner (usually me!) to get them. And we were able to ride Toy Story for the first time ever. We've never been willing to stand in line for it and for some reason, can never make rope drop at HS. However, I do wish we could have more than 3, and that we could use them in different parks. We hardly ever stay in one park all day. We ended up not using our KTTW cards to get regular FP, because the return times didn't work for us. We got to the parks later in the day this trip, thanks to my two teenagers.

The RFID chip in the MB's can work- two of the Fiend Daves say so.  And I believe them.

But, I've had two check-ins at the Fort since the testing began, and both times, I was specifically told that my MB's would not open the Comfort Station doors or the returning guest gate.  And they didn't.  We got RFID KTTW cards instead, and those worked.

According to the announcement Devores quoted, FW guests will continue to have to keep track of MB's and some kind of fake KTTW cards.

Idiots.

TCD

Yes, when I stayed there, our MBs opened the gates and common area doors (laundry, comfort stations, etc). So it is possible. It would have to be a programming glitch and special steps need to be taken to get them to work. Special steps that CMs are not supposed to do or are so complex only the well versed know how to do it. The cards might be a temp fix until they can get it worked out and still allow them to move forward with the roll out.

I'm REALLLY hoping they get the MB and common doors worked out, cause that is the BIGGEST feature of the MBs that I will like is not worrying if I have to have a key card handy. The MB will be on my wrist at all times, and therefore will have a way into the doors at all times.

Believe it or not, in the parks it is not as big of a deal, as I usually have the card in a pouch attached to my belt loop. But hanging around the campground, I may be in sweat pants, or my pajama pants, or a swimsuit, so therefore no belt loop to hang the card pouch on.

I'm REALLLY hoping they get the MB and common doors worked out, cause that is the BIGGEST feature of the MBs that I will like is not worrying if I have to have a key card handy.

I would prefer to be able to open the comfort station doors and the returning guest gate with a MB too.  But, the KTTW cards were fine.  What I don't like is having to keep up with both.  Give me one or the other.  I don't need something else to have to keep track of.

Idiots.

TCD

I'm REALLLY hoping they get the MB and common doors worked out, cause that is the BIGGEST feature of the MBs that I will like is not worrying if I have to have a key card handy. The MB will be on my wrist at all times, and therefore will have a way into the doors at all times.

Just Duct tape the card to your other wrist, problem solved.

MyMagic+ is going through some additionas testing, as WDW gets ready for a full rollout.

Based on the success of the recent test at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the next test of the FastPass+ service will take place at the Magic Kingdom starting January 14. This test will allow all WDW Guests (even those not staying at a WDW resort) to make 3 FP+ selections for the current day at the MK, using FP+ kiosks in the park. 

Paper FP tickets till not be available during this test.

Guests will be able to use their theme park tickets to make FP+ selections at the kiosks.  MagicBands are not required.

WDW Resort Guests will be able to schedule their 3 FP+ selections for MK as they have been, and can still make, modify or cancel their selections using the My Disney Experience app on their mobile devices or at FP+ kiosks and service centers in the park.

Guests not staying at a WDW hotel will be able to make and modify their FP+ selections at the FP+ kiosks.  They will also be able to access FP+ at Animal Kingdom.  At Epcot and Hollywood Studios, they can use the paper Fastpass service. Off site Guests will receive information about this test at the auto plaza.  Information will also be available to pickup throughout the park.

Guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will continue to be able to participate in the same FastPass+ test.

Based on the success of the recent test at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the next test of the FastPass+ service will take place at the Magic Kingdom starting January 14.

I've missed any reports which said the AK test was a success. I heard the lines at the kiosks were insane.

And limiting guests to 3 FP+'s at AK, while they could still pull paper FP's at the other three parks is a far cry from limiting guests to 3 FP+'s at the MK, and having paper FP's at only DHS and Epcot.

This future is here.

And it stinks.

TCD

everyone will be in line at the kisoks trying to get their FPs and the ride lines will be EMPTY...

I can hope... my trip is only a few weeks away. 

I've missed any reports which said the AK test was a success. I heard the lines at the kiosks were insane.

And limiting guests to 3 FP+'s at AK, while they could still pull paper FP's at the other three parks is a far cry from limiting guests to 3 FP+'s at the MK, and having paper FP's at only DHS and Epcot.

This future is here.

And it stinks.

TCD

Agreed. How many FP+ do you think is fair for the MK? 5? 

How many does an occasional visiting family who are not WDW fanatics, use?

The 3 of you are not the typical, average, guest.

Well, there are obviously guests who don't even understand that they can get FPs. And there are guests, apparently lots of them, that are willing to stand in lines that are 1-3 hours. 

3 is probably average, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a way for above average, awesome people to get more.