I just got back from ASsports and had the MB. I wouldn't call it a success.

I had purchased enough Disney gift cards and I had my Disney visa rewards to purchase our AP and the front desk told me to have them put on my account at the concierge. After doing this is was told I had to purchase AP at guest relations. Because they cant sell us AP anymore since the MB started. FAIL!

Next day at HS i was told that you can't purchase tickets or AP on my MB and asked for my KTTW. Which the AS resorts don't give out anymore. I asked if I could just charge it to my CC and they told me that if I don't use almost $2,000 I put on my room account I wold lose it. They won't return the unused portion. 1.5 hours later we had our AP. FAIL!

it stinks that once our Fastpass + were used we couldn't get another Fastpass. Not even from the Fastpass machines at the attractions. FAIL!

Three separate times we purchased merchandise with MB and it didn't give us our AP 10% off and had to spend extra time at the register waiting for the manager to correct the problem. Make sure you tell the cashier that you have AP before they are done ringing you up. FAIL!

Trying to buy a beer at AK reader didn't work. Trying to buy a beer in England reader didn't work. Buying us a CS lunch at Pinocchios in MK reader didn't work. Don't waste your time waiting until the manager comes over and asks you for your KTTW, like the cashier did, because they don't know that the AS resorts don't give them out anymore. Just pay cash or with a CC. Trust me it took forever for me to get my beer. After that it was cash the next two times. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

I was told that they are working the bugs out and it should be a great system when they do. I hope they do and I'm sure they will.

I just hope they allow us to get more fast passes once we've used our three fast pass +.

Thanks for taking the time to write that, Ray.

I'm sure Disney compensated you well for being their guinea pig while charging holiday rates for you to stay in a value resort.

Not.

Your experience is consistent what I've been saying all along- this FP+/MagicBand thing looks great on paper.  But, there are many, many bugs that still need to be worked out.  And, there's a definite lack of communication and training of the rank and file CM's, which exacerbates the problem.

Rumor is there are special MBs for CMs.

Something similar to these.

MBs-1-600x430.jpg

Wow.  That's cool.

I wonder what year that E-Ticket is supposed to represent?  It's pre Space Mountain.  I was surprised to see Small World, Country Bears and the Hall of Presidents as E-Ticket attractions, but I guess at one point they were.  People in the 70's loved them some robots.

TCD

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

My recommendation to EVERYONE who has participated in the MyMagic+ testing is to fill out the surveys Disney asks you to. Make mention of the FP+ concerns and make reasonable recommendations on how to fix it/make it better.

Disney takes the no news is good news to heart. If they don't get any feedback they assume all is good.

My guess is that since people can still pull traditional FP, this hasn't been much of an issue.

PS- WHY DID I THROW AWAY ALL MY OLD KTTW CARDS?!?!?!?!

Kelly is absolutely right about this.

Under the current testing, guests are able to enjoy both the old system and the new system.  We've had two stays now with the ability to use FP+ and KTTW cards (old and new) to pull paper FP's.  It's been awesome-even during crazy busy days.  But once the old FP system is phased out, and we are limited to just three FP's a day, it's going to stink.  For this reason, the testing, and the positive feedback isn't really valid- Disney isn't getting negative feedback, because who wouldn't love having way more FP's than ever?   When that changes, and guests realize it, things are going to go south fast.

TCD

Next day at HS i was told that you can't purchase tickets or AP on my MB and asked for my KTTW. Which the AS resorts don't give out anymore. I asked if I could just charge it to my CC and they told me that if I don't use almost $2,000 I put on my room account I wold lose it. They won't return the unused portion. 1.5 hours later we had our AP. FAIL!

... if I don't use almost $2,000 I put on my room account I wold lose it. They won't return the unused portion.

Whoa... that's good to know (and also pretty lame)

Just as an FYI any funds not used on your room account should have been credited back to the original form of payment at the end of your stay. I have personally applied more funds to my account than I have used and gotten the refunded. Probably more miscommunication. sigh

Just as an FYI any funds not used on your room account should have been credited back to the original form of payment at the end of your stay. I have personally applied more funds to my account than I have used and gotten the refunded. Probably more miscommunication. sigh

I remember you telling me that. And I'm sure if I would have made a big seen they would have done it for me. Your right its poor communication between the left hand and the right hand and the right foot from the left foot.

One question for you since we both stayed at ASsports at the same time. And you and I love to stay on property. Did you find the customer service lacking at ASsports? We had several issues and poor customer service. This sounds dumb but we were there 2 days before a CM referred to DD as princess. We walked by CMs and they wouldn't say hello or even smile at us.

The bar staff was really top notch and so was our house keeper. We did the monorail loop and the CMs at the three resorts were excellent. We were at the airport and two different families were talking about the "bad" experiences they had at ASsports. Sat next to couple who had a great experience at ASmovies.

Coming from the service industry I'm pretty forgiving. But I also recognize poor service and poor attitudes.

I'm not bashing the value hotels. But it's like my wife said at the airport. We will be staying at ASmusic next time.

I remember you telling me that. And I'm sure if I would have made a big seen they would have done it for me. Your right its poor communication between the left hand and the right hand and the right foot from the left foot.

One question for you since we both stayed at ASsports at the same time. And you and I love to stay on property. Did you find the customer service lacking at ASsports? We had several issues and poor customer service. This sounds dumb but we were there 2 days before a CM referred to DD as princess. We walked by CMs and they wouldn't say hello or even smile at us.

The bar staff was really top notch and so was our house keeper. We did the monorail loop and the CMs at the three resorts were excellent. We were at the airport and two different families were talking about the "bad" experiences they had at ASsports. Sat next to couple who had a great experience at ASmovies.

Coming from the service industry I'm pretty forgiving. But I also recognize poor service and poor attitudes.

I'm not bashing the value hotels. But it's like my wife said at the airport. We will be staying at ASmusic next time.

We didnt have any issues with customer service that I noticed. We worked with the front desk a few times due to a change in reservation but everyone was pretty helpful. The people in the food court seemed pleasant especially the Cast Member serving the food. In all honesty based Sil and I had talked and would have recommended ASSports to people in the future. Especially with it being the first stop for the buses when running combined and the new food court. 

The best way to solve the prepay option and possibly not returning the funds is don't prepay! (But honestly, I don't think they wouldn't refund). That is your money, you gave it to them as a guarantee for room charging, can't imagine they wouldn't return it!!

Use credit card to guarantee the room charges, then drop by the desk every couple of days to pay the balance with gift cards.

I can get annoying at a Value resort cause that $500 runs up quick, but that is one way to handle it.

The best way to solve the prepay option and possibly not returning the funds is don't prepay! (But honestly, I don't think they wouldn't refund). That is your money, you gave it to them as a guarantee for room charging, can't imagine they wouldn't return it!!

Use credit card to guarantee the room charges, then drop by the desk every couple of days to pay the balance with gift cards.

I can get annoying at a Value resort cause that $500 runs up quick, but that is one way to handle it.

The reson I prepaid was because I was buying APs. I went to Target and bought $1,500.00 worth of gift cards. Saving 5%. Every little bit helps. The situation could have been avoided if the CMs at the front, and concerige desk knew what they were doing. All I should have done was bring the gift cards and my Disney visa rewards card to guest relations. But that's what the CM at guest relations told me to do.

Gee, who's last on the list?  None other than Disney's red-headed stepchild. 

I noticed that too.

Could it be that Mo's super secret source, didn't provide those dates because maybe he, or she, felt that it might revive the old, woe is me, it's always last, Disney doesn't like us, Fort controversy?

How many people here need to know when, and in what order it's occurring?

Could it be that Mo's super secret source, didn't provide those dates because maybe he, or she, felt that it might revive the old, woe is me, it's always last, Disney doesn't like us, Fort controversy?

I found it funny because, everyone is totally against the MB only and don't want to loose the KTTW cards. BUT, make the Fort the last one to get rid of the cards and everyone is upset because the Fort is last.

Hello, it give the Fort more time to reap the benefits of having the KTTW cards while those snooty resort types don't have one. The Fort will be the only one for a bit. I see this as a good thing.

Apparently lots.  8)

I found it funny because, everyone is totally against the MB only and don't want to loose the KTTW cards. BUT, make the Fort the last one to get rid of the cards and everyone is upset because the Fort is last.

Hello, it give the Fort more time to reap the benefits of having the KTTW cards while those snooty resort types don't have one. The Fort will be the only one for a bit. I see this as a good thing.

Oh Dave... stop being all reasonable and stuff...

:rofl2:

I do Lou.

I would rather be able to go to the parks and get fast passes as I please with a KTTW instead of only getting one or two or three with the MB.

Let the resorts have their MBs. Ill keep my KTTW.

With KTTW I can get a fast pass for Soarin and Test Track. With the MB I can only get one.

I do Lou.

I would rather be able to go to the parks and get fast passes as I please with a KTTW instead of only getting one or two or three with the MB.

With KTTW I can get a fast pass for Soarin and Test Track. With the MB I can only get one.

The question is not about keeping the KTTW card, they're gone, not up for discussion.

It's  about when they disappear.

Do you care if it happens at the beginning of Jan, or at the end of Jan?

I do Lou.

Legacy FPs are being phased out. Eventually, there wont be any FP machines to get legacy FPs from. At that point, you either embrace the FP+ and make them in advance, or wait till you get in the park and make them then at one of the kiosks. 

Either way, I see it as a win. Hit one kiosk and all your FPs are made for the day. No runners, no hoping the next FP will be a reasonable time, no hoping there are FPs left when you are able to pull a new one.

You know all the return times at once and your family can stay together.

Well I want to discuss it. It stinks that I'm stuck with only "X" amount of fast passes.

Why the heck test it if its a done deal. I guess it wasn't I test it was a way to work out the bugs.

Dave. Yes it's nice to have 3 fast passes picked out a head of time the part I don't like, and others is that once you've used the 3 passes you can't go back to the kiosk and get another. If there's passes available why shouldn't I be allowed to get one? We went to the MK with our fast pass+. We had 9:55-10:55am BTMRR, 10:55-11:55 space mountain, and 11:55-12:55 pm splash mountain. And then tried to get a fast pass for Little Mermaid but couldn't do it. And the return time was about 3:00. That stinks.

I'm checking out on the 21st. I'm guessing mainly the Fort is last because they are having so much trouble getting everyone's MBs to work consistently with the Comfort Station and Laundry Room doors. I would be highly pissed if I needed to get in the comfort station late at night and only had a MB and it didn't work. Since I'm not going to the parks this trip, and won't have room charging this trip, if they can't get my MB to work on the doors and the gates, it will be a useless souvenir

I found this today.

RF-enabled Key to the World cards can be issued instead of a MB if a Guest requests it. This card functions the same way a MB does, including touch to enter resort room, touch to enter theme parks and water parks, touch to pay, FP+ and touch to associate photos. These cards do not have an active magnetic stripe; therefore, they will not work in legacy FP distribution machines.

 All resort Guests will be using FP+ service exclusively.

A small number of Guests will receive an RF-enabled card for use on common doors. This includes Fort Wilderness campsite Guests as well as concierge-level Guests who check in to the resort before their room is ready. These cards will not have the other functionality that a MB does. So all they do is open the doors.