I think you would have to add then on your friends and family list. When I linked my mode to Doodles I added their reservation to my mde an they both showed up in my friends and family list.

I think if some one drops in later in your trip you would add them at the desk and they would then add the reservation to their mde. It may require a stop at the outpost to get door access working if they ever get that working right.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

I think you would have to add then on your friends and family list. When I linked my mode to Doodles I added their reservation to my mde an they both showed up in my friends and family list.

I think if some one drops in later in your trip you would add them at the desk and they would then add the reservation to their mde. It may require a stop at the outpost to get door access working if they ever get that working right.

So it sounds like there are going to be some mile long Friends and Family lists :)

So it sounds like there are going to be some mile long Friends and Family lists :)

Yes and No.

What you do is link your accounts. This would add everyone to the others accounts and then you assign a "leader". The leader is the one who will control the reservation and make all the changes and such. You can give as much or as little control to the others on the reservation. So say you want Lorna to be able to make changes to the reservation if she remembers to, but you don't trust Mo enough to make the changes. You can assign Lorna modification privileges but only give Mo viewing privileges. By linking the accounts, you do not add them to yours, they maintain their own account and you maintain your own. This way you don't have to worry about adding all their info, its already on their own account and the reservation info will show up on their account so they can view the info.

Then after the vacation is over, you simply unlink the accounts. Simple. You can also link an account with a different reservation, say the other half of WWW, so you can request adjoining sites and such. They wont be under your reservation and you cannot control theirs (unless they give you permission).  

If they have MBs, that means they already have a reservation. Unless they purchased them themselves, in which case they cannot be used to enter resorts. If the MBs are part of a reservation, then they should allow access through the gate like the KTTW cards do. If they do not have a reservation, and you want to add them to yours, then they will need to visit the front desk and get added to your reservation at which point they will issue them bands.

No, I'm talking about once permanent Magic Bands are finally issued, how do I get their MBs activated to my reservation if the reservation has already started.

You would have to visit the front desk. Once the reservation starts you have to go to the front desk to make any changes. They can then add them and link the bands and everything.

I was able to go in and customize magic bands and make FP+ reservations at 60 days out (check in Dec 28). Yesterday we were invited to participate in the testing at the Fort. I went into my MDE account and my reservations and magic bands are just as I made them. I'm not sure if we are testing because we have APs or because we are staying at the Fort.

I was able to go in and customize magic bands and make FP+ reservations at 60 days out (check in Dec 28). Yesterday we were invited to participate in the testing at the Fort. I went into my MDE account and my reservations and magic bands are just as I made them. I'm not sure if we are testing because we have APs or because we are staying at the Fort.

Your testing because you have a reservation at a Disney resort being tested during a timeframe they are testing. Everyone is testing right now.

And the invitations seem to be running late. You can go to MDE and see if youre selected to be a tester at anytime. If you can customize MBs, you are a tester. The e-mails and letters come later but are for the same reservation you got the MBs for.

Ok, thanks. This will be different experience for us. We don't usually plan out which park so far in advance. 60 days out is crazy, but I wanted to make sure we got the rides we wanted. It will be interesting to see how this works during the holidays. I'm thinking people won't be able to use some FP+ reservations because they'll show up mid-day and MK will be closed for capacity.

Well, I finally logged onto MDE, since 60 days is coming up soon for the January WWW. What's funny is it is showing as friends, alot of the folks that were at WWW last year. (But then I made all the reservations last year). (Or is it showing all this years WWW cause Jason linked our reservations?)

Well, I finally logged onto MDE, since 60 days is coming up soon for the January WWW. What's funny is it is showing as friends, alot of the folks that were at WWW last year. (But then I made all the reservations last year). (Or is it showing all this years WWW cause Jason linked our reservations?)

Excellent questions. Only the Shadow knows. ...no Seriously I have no idea on this one. 

I linked my daughter and son-in-law to my MDE for my trip that starts Saturday.  I can see all of their reservations whether they are part of this particular trip or not.  ex:  They are going to Disneyland next year and I can see all of that trip's info even though I'm not going.  I think linked it linked for everything. 

And the invitations seem to be running late. You can go to MDE and see if youre selected to be a tester at anytime. If you can customize MBs, you are a tester. The e-mails and letters come later but are for the same reservation you got the MBs for.

I just came in here to ask the same question!  Thanks D. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A story published today by the Orlando Sentinel says that the official rollout of Magic Bands will be delayed...

At a minimum, it will likely be several more months before all of the giant resort's customers can use "MyMagic+," which includes a new reservation system allowing visitors to book ride times weeks before their vacations and microchip-embedded "MagicBands" that act as all-in-one park tickets, room keys and credit cards.

Senior Walt Disney Co. executives once said they hoped to have MyMagic+ "largely" introduced by the end of the company's 2013 fiscal year, which concluded in September. But the project remains in testing and mostly limited to guests staying in Disney-owned hotels.

Disney would not provide any updated timetable last week. In a written statement, the chairman of the company's global theme-park division said he was pleased with the progress.

Full article...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-mymagic-delayed-20131116,0,3314807.story