• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

Carol- That is a good point.  And it's not just for large groups.  I had a hard time getting my oldest daughter to be linked with the other three MB's that we have.  Now, the four of us are linked together.  And, I'm not changing it, because I'm afraid of what might happen if I unlinked them.   I don't know what will happen if one of the girls' friends wants to come along on a trip. Your example of a group wanting to ride an attraction together is a good one- there's no way to do that with any certainty without linking all the MB's together . Which I wouldn't want to do for a one time ride.

TCD

I just thought of another big issue in the system

One thing that is going to be difficult even once the system is fully implemented is a group of unrelated folks to FP+ together (like the Fiends).  Our reservations are rarely linked together, and if a few of us decided to tour a park together (even if we plan it the day before), it's going to be a pain to friend each other, link the reservations, link the our MDE, and all get FP+ at the same time.

Then a few days later a totally different mix of folks might want to tour together, then we have to repeat that process for the next group. ACK!!!

It's also going to cause troubles for our December RADP meets. A lot of times on the schedule, is the first order of business is to go get a FP for attraction A, then meet over at Attraction B for the first ride of the day.

There is a huge mix of folks in that group, resort guests, locals, off-site guests, AP holders. The above scenario is impossible now to all get a FP time in the same general window :(

I doubt very seriously they have taken into consideration loosely associated groups of friends wanting to tour together.

Disney spin -- Spend some magical quality time visiting with your friends and catching up with their lives. 

On a totally unrelated note, every time I see that commercial with that guy who won the Super Bowl saying he's going to Disney World, I'm hoping he made his FP+ reservations and ADR well before he even knew he was playing in the Super Bowl. 

I just thought of another big issue in the system

One thing that is going to be difficult even once the system is fully implemented is a group of unrelated folks to FP+ together (like the Fiends).  Our reservations are rarely linked together, and if a few of us decided to tour a park together (even if we plan it the day before), it's going to be a pain to friend each other, link the reservations, link the our MDE, and all get FP+ at the same time.

Then a few days later a totally different mix of folks might want to tour together, then we have to repeat that process for the next group. ACK!!!

It's also going to cause troubles for our December RADP meets. A lot of times on the schedule, is the first order of business is to go get a FP for attraction A, then meet over at Attraction B for the first ride of the day.

There is a huge mix of folks in that group, resort guests, locals, off-site guests, AP holders. The above scenario is impossible now to all get a FP time in the same general window :(

I doubt very seriously they have taken into consideration loosely associated groups of friends wanting to tour together.

Guess the Fiends are now limited to riding DJD, COP and the Peoplemover. 

Actually, that sounds like a pretty fun day.  Hands up! 

An article from the Disney Dining Blog on someone's experience as an off-site guest using FP+...

http://www.disneydining.com/disney-dining-blog-third-experience-fastpass-site-guests/?utm_source=DisDining+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=870d640b47-DD+Daily+Email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_585957dd1b-870d640b47-304981077

Disney Dining Blog: My Third Experience With FastPass+ for Off-Site Guests
Posted by PaulaK on February 5, 2014 in Uncategorized | 3648 Views

Before I tell you what happened at the Magic Kingdom, I first want to apologize. I had every intention of visiting the park and sharing my experiences last week, but the strange Florida winter weather kept me away. Would I spend a rainy day in a park if I were on vacation? Absolutely. But I live here, and three days of cold rain did keep me home. I’m using as an excuse that I didn’t think that I’d be able to get a fair assessment of FastPass+ in the Magic Kingdom in the rain, but the truth is that I didn’t want to get wet.

My daughter and I finally made it to the Magic Kingdom on Wednesday, February 5. We arrived a little after 10:00am. I was eager to try the new system at the park. My experience with FastPass+ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was pretty bad, it was a little bit better at Epcot. (At Animal Kingdom the lines for the kiosks were so long that I didn’t even bother.) I hoped that the system would be better at the Magic Kingdom, since they do not use a tiered system like the other two parks do.

The park was not at all crowded. Once again we discovered long lines at the kiosks. I have a feeling that some people waited longer at the kiosks than they did for many of the rides. I was curious about something, so we headed to the back of the park. We had been able to find an empty kiosk at Epcot by walking a bit. I knew that there was a kiosk in Storybook Circus, and I wondered if the line would be shorter there. I was thrilled that there was no wait at all. (We checked again a few hours later, there was still no line. Look to the right of Pete’s Silly Sideshow, the kiosk area back there is hard to find.) I wanted to try the machine by myself, but a very friendly cast member decided to assist me.  As far as I could tell, there were plenty of times available for everything. We picked Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (my favorite MK ride), Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain (my daughter’s favorite MK ride).

The first set of times that the machine offered did not work for us. If we had planned on staying until the park closed they would have been okay because the three times were spaced throughout the day. The second set of times also didn’t work. We were happy with the third option, so we went ahead and booked our times. This machine was the opposite of the ones we used in the other two parks. Those did not want to take any information, this one was too sensitive. When I tried to type in my email address it took every letter twice. It was just a minor inconvenience, but annoying nonetheless. The cast member suggested that I take a picture of the times, just in case the email never showed up. It took about two minutes for the email to arrive.

As we walked away I realized that it already was our FastPass+ time for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I honestly did not expect to get a time that early. While in the FP+ line a group in the standby line cut over and took advantage of a cast member who was not paying attention. If they’re going to use this system they need to keep a close eye on guests because it was really easy for the group to cut in line.

I still don’t like FastPass+, but at the Magic Kingdom it worked like it is supposed to. I don’t like that you can only use it for three rides a day and that they all have to be in the same park. I’ve heard that complaint several times from other guests as well. I don’t know if things would have been different if the park had been crowded, but this time I couldn’t complain…too much.

So tonight I went to make a few more FP+ selections for our upcoming trip in March. I had already made 6 days worth of selections and wanted to add one more group to our last day. After I made the selections the next screen stated that we had already reached our FP limit and we could trade out a day to make these. What the heck is that? Is there a limit on how many days of selections you can make? I never read that anywhere. The only thing I knew wad that it had to be within 60 days. Are the limits true?

Question.... We have AP but DWs cousin and son do not. If they buy their tickets now do they have to be invited to do the testing or can they book FP+ before we go?

are they staying on site? If so they should be able to link the reservation in MDE and add there ticket media there as well. Once they do that they should be able to make there FP+ selections. 

Interesting. If staying on site you should be able to make for full length of stay. As an AP with out the stay it only allows 7 days. Is you reservation linked in?

Yup. Not a big deal since it was our last day at the fort but I thought as you said, I shouldbe able to make FP for each day we are there. I did not know as a AP holder we are limited to 7 days. Is that 7 days in a row or 7 days of FP now matter what days they are?

are they staying on site? If so they should be able to link the reservation in MDE and add there ticket media there as well. Once they do that they should be able to make there FP+ selections.

Nope. They're staying with us at wyndham bonnet creek for a week but not our second week at AKV. What can they do?

Also, Can we as AP holders book FP+ even though we are staying off property?

Nope. They're staying with us at wyndham bonnet creek for a week but not our second week at AKV. What can they do?

Also, Can we as AP holders book FP+ even though we are staying off property?

You can yes. up to 7 days can be held in a 60 day period, unless staying onsite. 

They will not be able to make FP+ till that morning each day when they get to the park. 

They won't be with us that week. They will be with us the week before. Can they make FP+ for a week earlier?

I honestly dont know the accurate answer to that at this point. I would guess they wouldnt be able to make them for the week before. But again that is just a guess.