• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

Jason-

What was the first attraction you rode?  I am not familiar with Managed.

TCD

Well, shoot.  I wasted a bunch of time typing MK ride names into my phone trying to get the autocorrect to turn it into Managed.  I couldn't for the life of me figure it out! 

I'm really surprised at you two.

This is the ride where you navigate through and around big strollers, wheeled coolers, people that stop in front of you for no reason, backpack spinners, parties of 10 that walk side-by-side, etc.  

You 'Manage' to make it to your destination without beating someone to a pulp.  No FP+ for this attraction.  Sorry.

• 5 weeks later...

From Doctor Disney...

My Disney Experience Changes Method of Making FASTPass+ Selections
July 31, 2014 by Doctor Disney

As of throughout the evening on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, My Disney Experience still allowed you to make your FASTPass+ selections the way you normally have been doing it for months now. As of midnight on Thursday, July 31, 2014, the entire routine had changed on the website, and things are looking rather different.

Doctor Disney has taken screenshots of things on My Disney Experience and how it will now look for you. If it doesn’t look this way for you yet, expect it to happen in the next few days or so.

Link to full article with screen shots detailing the changes...

http://www.doctordisney.com/2014/07/31/disney-experience-changes-method-making-fastpass-selections/

According to Themepark Insider, MyMagic+ crashed today and WDW reverted to paper fastpasses. Yearly BCP test? Probably not.

Written by Robert Niles

Published: August 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM

New item: MyMagic+ went down at Walt Disney World today, forcing a return to paper Fastpasses for much of the day.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201408/4149/

Wow- talk about customer service for a magical vacation! Last night on the way to Magic to watch the electric parade I opened the "My Disney Experience" on my phone to make/change FP changes for the next day. Upon opening the app I received the message that DD and DS were out of days and that I needed to add admission tickets to enter FP choices. Of course, I panicked because we still had 3 days left on our hopper passes. I asked a cm at the main gate and they sent us to guest services. So I stood in line forever- missing the parade. However, when it was our turn the young lady who helped us was amazing. She wasn't sure why this happened, reassured us that we did, indeed, have 3 days left, and proceeded to make our FP reservations for us. After asking me what I'd intended to sign up for, she began her work on the computer. Making small talk with my daughter, she asked her what she wanted to do. Of course, DD said, "I want to meet

Anna and Elsa! At this point I laughed and explained to her, for the millionth time, that the FPs for Princess Hall were booked a long time ago and we weren't going to wait 2+ hours to see them- maybe next time. When the CM finished our FP reservations she wrote them on a card and called me over to the end of the desk "away from people who might overhear." I was confused but met her there. She handed us the card for our FP times and said, "I added Anna and Elsa for you." I was in shock and literally started to cry. I would have jumped across the help desk and hugged her if I were a more agile person! For my daughter, the CM made her trip truly magical!!

Wow- talk about customer service for a magical vacation! Last night on the way to Magic to watch the electric parade I opened the "My Disney Experience" on my phone to make/change FP changes for the next day. Upon opening the app I received the message that DD and DS were out of days and that I needed to add admission tickets to enter FP choices. Of course, I panicked because we still had 3 days left on our hopper passes. I asked a cm at the main gate and they sent us to guest services. So I stood in line forever- missing the parade. However, when it was our turn the young lady who helped us was amazing. She wasn't sure why this happened, reassured us that we did, indeed, have 3 days left, and proceeded to make our FP reservations for us. After asking me what I'd intended to sign up for, she began her work on the computer. Making small talk with my daughter, she asked her what she wanted to do. Of course, DD said, "I want to meet

Anna and Elsa! At this point I laughed and explained to her, for the millionth time, that the FPs for Princess Hall were booked a long time ago and we weren't going to wait 2+ hours to see them- maybe next time. When the CM finished our FP reservations she wrote them on a card and called me over to the end of the desk "away from people who might overhear." I was confused but met her there. She handed us the card for our FP times and said, "I added Anna and Elsa for you." I was in shock and literally started to cry. I would have jumped across the help desk and hugged her if I were a more agile person! For my daughter, the CM made her trip truly magical!!

That is a great story. I am glad you met with a Cm who sympathized.

After something like that tech screw up and you guys having to miss the parade, that should be SOP.

Then again if they gave A&E FPs to everyone who had experienced an issue with MDE and FP+, the wait time for A&E would have to be changed from 350 minutes to a countdown to the next millennium.

That is a great story. I am glad you met with a Cm who sympathized.

After something like that tech screw up and you guys having to miss the parade, that should be SOP.

Then again if they gave A&E FPs to everyone who had experienced an issue with MDE and FP+, the wait time for A&E would have to be changed from 350 minutes to a countdown to the next millennium.

And herein lies a big problem with this mess.  One guest has a not so magical experience, and takes the time to wait on the long line at guest services and gets nada- just an apology.  Another gets pixie dust. 

Let's not lose sight of the fact that neither guest should have had to go to guest services in the first place.  What a giant mess they've created.

TCD

Wow- talk about customer service for a magical vacation! Last night on the way to Magic to watch the electric parade I opened the "My Disney Experience" on my phone to make/change FP changes for the next day. Upon opening the app I received the message that DD and DS were out of days and that I needed to add admission tickets to enter FP choices. Of course, I panicked because we still had 3 days left on our hopper passes. I asked a cm at the main gate and they sent us to guest services. So I stood in line forever- missing the parade. However, when it was our turn the young lady who helped us was amazing. She wasn't sure why this happened, reassured us that we did, indeed, have 3 days left, and proceeded to make our FP reservations for us. After asking me what I'd intended to sign up for, she began her work on the computer. Making small talk with my daughter, she asked her what she wanted to do. Of course, DD said, "I want to meet Anna and Elsa! At this point I laughed and explained to her, for the millionth time, that the FPs for Princess Hall were booked a long time ago and we weren't going to wait 2+ hours to see them- maybe next time. When the CM finished our FP reservations she wrote them on a card and called me over to the end of the desk "away from people who might overhear." I was confused but met her there. She handed us the card for our FP times and said, "I added Anna and Elsa for you." I was in shock and literally started to cry. I would have jumped across the help desk and hugged her if I were a more agile person! For my daughter, the CM made her trip truly magical!!

I'm glad that worked out the way it did! 

From Kenny the Pirate...

Tower of Terror now offering on-ride videos with Memory Maker package.
Tower of Terror now offering on-ride videos with Memory Maker package.

If you are using Disney World’s Memory Maker package as part of the Photopass system, you may be aware that you receive on-ride photos of many of the rides.  Beginning today, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will begin offering on-ride VIDEO of your experience.  If you are using Memory Maker, the videos should automatically be added to your My Disney Experience account within 24 hours of completing your experience.

The experience is ONLY available to guests with a current Memory Maker package and linked MagicBands.  Other rides are expected to receive this special addition in coming weeks and months.

For a description of the Memory Maker package take a look at this post.

http://kennythepirate.com/2014/08/12/tower-of-terror-now-offering-on-ride-videos-with-memory-maker-package/

Wow- talk about customer service for a magical vacation! Last night on the way to Magic to watch the electric parade I opened the "My Disney Experience" on my phone to make/change FP changes for the next day. Upon opening the app I received the message that DD and DS were out of days and that I needed to add admission tickets to enter FP choices. Of course, I panicked because we still had 3 days left on our hopper passes. I asked a cm at the main gate and they sent us to guest services. So I stood in line forever- missing the parade. However, when it was our turn the young lady who helped us was amazing. She wasn't sure why this happened, reassured us that we did, indeed, have 3 days left, and proceeded to make our FP reservations for us. After asking me what I'd intended to sign up for, she began her work on the computer. Making small talk with my daughter, she asked her what she wanted to do. Of course, DD said, "I want to meet Anna and Elsa! At this point I laughed and explained to her, for the millionth time, that the FPs for Princess Hall were booked a long time ago and we weren't going to wait 2+ hours to see them- maybe next time. When the CM finished our FP reservations she wrote them on a card and called me over to the end of the desk "away from people who might overhear." I was confused but met her there. She handed us the card for our FP times and said, "I added Anna and Elsa for you." I was in shock and literally started to cry. I would have jumped across the help desk and hugged her if I were a more agile person! For my daughter, the CM made her trip truly magical!!

Yay for pixie dust!

That sounds really cool. I just read the 7DMT might be coming too. Oh Devores... where are you???

That sounds really cool. I just read the 7DMT might be coming too. Oh Devores... where are you???

I can discuss a bit, but cant say too much at this time.

Just an FYI, You MUST have memory maker to get the videos. You also MUST be wearing your MB when riding. There is no possible way to go back after the fact and add the video to an account.

There will be more rides added later plus some special stuff only available at the hard ticket events like MNSHP and MVMCP. Some of the rides added will be stuff previously not containing photos.

As an added note, we can now associate photos to any park media linked to a MDE account. So those green park tickets can now be used like a photopass card. No need to carry all those cards anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

OK ticket, MDE question, and upgrades.

We were planning on getting our tickets upon arrival because we want the two-coast annual passes, which can only be purchased at the parks in person. Also, we didn't want to spend the cash until then. Now, we are able to at least purchase some sort of ticket media ahead of time.

So, my question is, if we purchase ticket media now, get it linked to our MDE account, book some FP+, what happens when we arrive and upgrade to the two-coast passes? How will the upgrade affect the FP+?

OK ticket, MDE question, and upgrades.

We were planning on getting our tickets upon arrival because we want the two-coast annual passes, which can only be purchased at the parks in person. Also, we didn't want to spend the cash until then. Now, we are able to at least purchase some sort of ticket media ahead of time.

So, my question is, if we purchase ticket media now, get it linked to our MDE account, book some FP+, what happens when we arrive and upgrade to the two-coast passes? How will the upgrade affect the FP+?

It won't. Because when you upgrade the ticket will be linked right then and there. So there will not be a gap to cause the system to delete the FP+ selections.

You will only be able to make FP+ selections based off the media link though. So if you link a nod day park ticket, you can only make one days worth of FP+ selections. If it's 2 days, 2 days of FP+ And so on.

It won't. Because when you upgrade the ticket will be linked right then and there. So there will not be a gap to cause the system to delete the FP+ selections.

You will only be able to make FP+ selections based off the media link though. So if you link a nod day park ticket, you can only make one days worth of FP+ selections. If it's 2 days, 2 days of FP+ And so on.

Thanks! I'll probably buy a 10-day something from Undercover tourist. I'm going to try the "bridge" pricing one more time. I've got a friend that swears it still works with tickets that are from discounters.

Thanks! I'll probably buy a 10-day something from Undercover tourist. I'm going to try the "bridge" pricing one more time. I've got a friend that swears it still works with tickets that are from discounters.

Good luck and let us know if it works, Carol.  We're buying APs this year and bridging the UT tickets saved us a good chunk of money last time.