• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

Not sure if it changed but in December I was changing things all day.  when we went to DHS as soon as we used one I move the next one to 10 minutes from that point and basically walked on after the short walk to get there. 

In December i could change FP+ times after using one...to move up/back times.

If they take that away, the system would SMMBP.....instead of just SMB.

I hate to break it to you guys, but things have definitely changed.

Y'all were there before FP+ was rolled out to all guests.

I remember talking to you, Jason, about how easy it was to move up FP times, and I did that myself on our NYE trip.

On the last few trips, moving FP times up hasn't worked on the big rides.  A lot of the time, you can't even move to a later time on the day of, as there are no other times available.  I'm talking about the mountains at MK, and the Tier 1 rides at DHS and Epcot.  Now, if you would like to switch to the Teacups or Captain EO, that's not a problem.

TCD

I hate to break it to you guys, but things have definitely changed.

Y'all were there before FP+ was rolled out to all guests.

I remember talking to you, Jason, about how easy it was to move up FP times, and I did that myself on our NYE trip.

On the last few trips, moving FP times up hasn't worked on the big rides. A lot of the time, you can't even move to a later time on the day of, as there are no other times available. I'm talking about the mountains at MK, and the Tier 1 rides at DHS and Epcot. Now, if you would like to switch to the Teacups or Captain EO, that's not a problem.

TCD

That's due to availability thought not necessarily a block by the system.

That's due to availability thought not necessarily a block by the system.

Absolutely.  There is hope that during less busy times, you can move up FP+ times.  But, it's not going to happen for the next few months.

When you and Aaron were there in December, you were only competing against other resort guests for the FP+ times.  Now, you're competing against every guest in the park.

TCD

We're just back from our trip to WDW and are not at all impressed with the FP+. We found we had to accept "package" deals, with one good ride and usually one or even two that we had either no interest in or wondered why they would even need a FP, like Indiana Jones or Beauty and the Beast.

Trying to get additional FPs at kiosks in the parks had long lines and we couldn't get any more until we used all the FPs we had already booked. What sucked was sometimes the ride we really wanted was late in the day or evening and the effectively locked us out from getting any more FPs.

Often, the FPs we did get which ended up being late in the day had longer lines than the standby line. Go figure!

As for the Magic Bands, I think they caused way more problems for admission to the parks than the old tickets. There were four of us and at every park we went to at least one, sometimes two of them didn't work, causing us to have to meet another employee with a portable device to verify with some questions that we were really who we were. Problems with the MBs caused a huge backup at MK in the mornings.

Seems that high tech isn't always the best answer. :(

Best Regards!

Funny story from this past weekend.  I had my very first experience with the Tragic Bands.  I selected a nice orange one, which coordinted very well with my blue shirt.  In any case, on Saturday evening we asked the kids what they were hungry for....told them we could go to Captains Grille, over to the Boardwalk, could eat at the pool bar counter serve at Stormalong Bay....or could go to DTD.  They lit up and all said they wanted Earl of Sammich.  So off we went.  We all ordered, and at the register they had one of those Tragic Band scanners that are now ubiquitous at WDW.  I went to place my wrist on the Mickey and the girl at the register said "please don't do that!" and asked for my credit card.  She said those things don't work well, we prefer people using their card if they have it on them.  I had to laugh.   

We're just back from our trip to WDW and are not at all impressed with the FP+. We found we had to accept "package" deals, with one good ride and usually one or even two that we had either no interest in or wondered why they would even need a FP, like Indiana Jones or Beauty and the Beast.

Trying to get additional FPs at kiosks in the parks had long lines and we couldn't get any more until we used all the FPs we had already booked. What sucked was sometimes the ride we really wanted was late in the day or evening and the effectively locked us out from getting any more FPs.

Often, the FPs we did get which ended up being late in the day had longer lines than the standby line. Go figure!

As for the Magic Bands, I think they caused way more problems for admission to the parks than the old tickets. There were four of us and at every park we went to at least one, sometimes two of them didn't work, causing us to have to meet another employee with a portable device to verify with some questions that we were really who we were. Problems with the MBs caused a huge backup at MK in the mornings.

Seems that high tech isn't always the best answer. :(

Best Regards!

after you accept the package you can change individual ones. 

after you accept the package you can change individual ones. 

Yes, this is still true.  The system won't let you have just one FP+.

But, if there is one thing that you really want to do, like the Mine Train, for example, it is a good strategy to just pick that one ride and let the system pick your other choices.  I have found that if you try to pick three popular things, you will often not get one of your choices on the initial selection.  It has to do with availability.  There might be a morning Mine Train time open, but nothing until the afternoon for your other choices.  The program is going to try to give you FP+'s times close to each other.  So, if you're trying to do something popular, just pick that one and let the system choose the other two.  Then go back and changed the other two to whatever times you can get.  You may not have your return times close together, but you'll get the attractions you want.

TCD

Yes, this is still true.  The system won't let you have just one FP+.

I recently used FP+ (just a few weeks ago)

I started at HS and chose TSM and ToT (there wasn't another that I wanted). The system assigned me Star Tours to round out the 3.

I booked these just a few days ahead and there were at least 3 times available for TSM from about 9am until mid afternoon.

I was able to go back in immediately and modify my choices and I ended up changing the times from the earliest one to one a couple of hours later.

The last of the 3 FP+ expired at around 1pm

We hopped to AK around 2pm and were able to walk right up to a kiosk and book FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safaris with a return time about an hour away.

We hopped to Epcot around 5pm and were again able to walk right up to a kiosk.  We tried to snag FP+ for Soarin but the closest one available was for around 10pm and we knew we weren't hanging around that long so we didn't book it.

We didn't try booking any more FP+ after that, but overall we found that the whole MB system worked pretty well for us.

Here is my report on last minute FP bookings so far.

Do to the craziness so far on this trip I finally got to make some last night at 6 pm for Magic Kingdom that evening.

For big rides I was able to get Thunder Mountain and Space mountain. I also booked a Pirates one as our friend who joined us was in Disneyland the previous day and wanted to ride both in 24 hours.

We weren't arriving at the park till 8 and it was open to midnight

Pirates was a walk on at that time so i moved it to another ride. It ended up on Jungle Cruise which we didn't need but I wanted to see what I could get.

We road with those and others without

Managed

Pirates

Thunder

Haunted

Small world

Jungle cruise

Space mountain

Buzz light year

Dinner at cosmic rays

Philharmagic

Not bad for just a few hours.

Do to the craziness so far on this trip I finally got to make some last night at 6 pm for Magic Kingdom that evening.

For big rides I was able to get Thunder Mountain and Space mountain. I also booked a Pirates one as our friend who joined us was in Disneyland the previous day and wanted to ride both in 24 hours.

Pirates was a walk on at that time so i moved it to another ride. It ended up on Jungle Cruise which we didn't need but I wanted to see what I could get.

Managed

Pirates

Thunder

Haunted

Small world

Jungle cruise

Space mountain

Buzz light year

Dinner at cosmic rays

Philharmagic

Good job, Jason.  That is actually excellent for just a few hours in the park.

I think the Mine Train and A &E are helping with the availability of other attractions at MK.

TCD

Managed

Pirates

Thunder

Haunted

Small world

Jungle cruise

Space mountain

Buzz light year

Dinner at cosmic rays

Philharmagic

Not bad at all.  

Did you use the MDE app for the change or a FP+ kiosk?  I'd like to know if the app is running a bit smoother.