• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

• 1 month later...

From DisneyDining.com, changes to some of the FP+ tiers...

Further Changes to Fast Pass Groupings
Posted by Disney Dining on June 10, 2014 in News | 3 Views

According to WDWMagic, Fastpass+ grouping tiers are changing effective June 16th.

The changes only effect Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

FastPass+ selections for June 16 2014 and later:

• At the Studios ‘The Great Movie Ride’ moves to group 1.
  • At Epcot ‘Living with the Land’ moves to group 1.
  • At Epcot ‘Character Spot’ and ‘Maelstrom’ move to group 2.

Any selection made before the change will be unaltered.

Here is the full updated line-up:

Epcot Tier Group 1 (One selection can be made)

IllumiNations
Soarin’
Test Track
Living with the Land

Epcot Tier Group 2 (Two selections can be made)

Captain EO
Journey into Imagination
Maelstrom
Character Spot
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tier Group 1 (One selection can be made)

Toy Story Mania
Rock ‘n’ RollerCoaster
Fantasmic!
Beauty and the Beast
Great Movie Ride

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tier Group 2 (Two selections can be made)

Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Indiana Jones
Lights, Motors, Action!
MuppetVision 3D
Disney Jr Live on Stage

Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom do not make use of tiers or groupings.

http://www.disneydining.com/changes-fast-pass-groupings/

Looks like some more (ridiculous) changes coming to FP+ tier groupings at Epcot and DHS.

From Wdwmagic

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/10jun2014-fastpass-experience-group-tiers-changing-for-epcot-and-disney's-hollywood-studios.htm

experience group tiers are about to change for both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Effective now, FastPass+ selections for June 16 2014 and later will be subject to the following changes.

• At the Studios 'The Great Movie Ride' moves to group 1.
  • At Epcot 'Living with the Land' moves to group 1.
  • At Epcot 'Character Spot' and 'Maelstrom' move to group 2.

If you already have selections made from the old groups, they will continue to be valid unless you cancel them.

Here is the full updated line-up. Disney's Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom do not make use of experience groups.

Epcot Tier Group 1 (One selection can be made)

IllumiNations
Soarin'
Test Track
Living with the Land

Epcot Tier Group 2 (Two selections can be made)

Captain EO
Journey into Imagination
Maelstrom
Character Spot
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush

Disney's Hollywood Studios Tier Group 1 (One selection can be made)

Toy Story Mania
Rock 'n' RollerCoaster
Fantasmic!
Beauty and the Beast
Great Movie Ride

Disney's Hollywood Studios Tier Group 2 (Two selections can be made)

Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Indiana Jones
Lights, Motors, Action!
MuppetVision 3D
Disney Jr Live on Stage

Looks like some more (ridiculous) changes coming to FP+ tier groupings at Epcot and DHS.

From Wdwmagic

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/10jun2014-fastpass-experience-group-tiers-changing-for-epcot-and-disney's-hollywood-studios.htm

Mo beat you by a minute, but I agree with your comment about these changes being ridiculous.  Living with the Land tier one?  Why?  I like that Maelstrom is Tier 2, though- I'll FP+ that.

TCD

Mo beat you by a minute, but I agree with your comment about these changes being ridiculous.  Living with the Land tier one?  Why?  I like that Maelstrom is Tier 2, though- I'll FP+ that.

TCD

She did but we were probably putting the post together at the same time. She just has more experience at content than I do. 

Living with the Land tier one?  Why?  I like that Maelstrom is Tier 2, though- I'll FP+ that.

TCD

Living with the Land and The Great Movie Ride tier 1?  yeesh

So they had to add crappy choices to the Tier 1 groupings because the good choices were filling up and people had no FP selections?

that sounds about right

Seriously....the Great Movie Ride a Tier 1 FP+ attraction?

The obvious problem is that there are not enough Tier 1 attractions to provide a Tier 1 FP+ to all the guests who want one.

So, make a high volume ride a Tier 1 attraction, and the problem is solved.  Now, every guest can get a Tier 1 FP+.

And, it didn't cost them a dime (not counting the billon plus they already invested in this boondoggle).

TCD

My question is, how long before they apply FP+ tiers to MK attractions?

I am holding out hope that they won't need to.

So far, the only FP's that are running out are the Anna and Elsa meet and greet and the Mine Train.  There seem to be enough attractions in the MK that they don't need to Tier them.  If they ever do, that's not going to be popular.  You have to pick just one mountain?

TCD

We just got back and I have nothing good to say about FastPass+

We were a last minute booking, booked on Monday and left for the parks on Friday.  The day we booked getting any fast pass for our stay for the Mine Train was impossible, booked solid.  With the new system we could either wait in hellish lines to do both Soarin and Test Track in the same day or book fast passes on 2 separate days.  End result was we only managed to get 1 ride in on each.  Last time we went under the old fast pass system we got 2-3 times in on each.  Overall my impression is the new system is resulting in underused Fast passes and longer standby line times.

I approached a cast member about how unprepared Disney was to deal with the results of their new system after they got snarky with some guests waiting in the long lines forming at the Fastpass+ kiosk.  Seems they put the Kiosk in an area that had to remain clear for traffic and were not prepared to deal with that.  So, what brilliant genius put a Fastpass+ kiosk in a traffic area?  The same one that didn't think that 15 minute lines would be forming around them as people tried to use the horrible outdated touch screen technology to use them.  Seriously, touch screen mouse pointer interfaces are so 10 years ago, go talk to Apple or Samsung and learn how real touch screen interfaces are done, K?  Anyways, they said it was usually not like this but over the 6 days we were there, it was like that every day, every time.  I told her I understood it's not her system and she had no control over it, but it still sucked and we hated it. 

You can book your Fastpass+ on the phone, but must visit a Kiosk to add another after you use your three, and you must pick 3 from what I could tell.  Kind of a pain.  The app is great for hunting down last minute dinner/lunch reservations.  Probably to good :D

In the end it meant less times on the rides we wanted, forced standby for some rides since we did a last minute booking and forced booking for rides we did not want.

So i read somewhere on the interwebz this morning that you can actually get FP+ for the same ride more than once by doing the following as an example.

BTMRR

Tomorrowland Speedway

Peter Pan

After riding BTMRR, sign in to MyDisneyExperience and change one of the remaining FP+ ressies to BTMRR and come back and ride again.

Have any of you fiends tried this? I am sure it would only work during slower periods for the bigger attractions but would be good if true.

Oooh... tricky.  And sounds like a "glitch" that Disney missed.

I'll be curious to hear if anyone here has been able to do this.

Although now that it's on the interwebz, you can count on Disney to close that loophole before long.

Of course the kicker is what your return time will be.  If you're trying to get in multiple rides in the same day on a popular attraction, by the time you try and make the 2nd FP+ your return time might be many hours away.

For the 24 hour event we got to Epcot around 4-5pm.  We'd used our 3 FP at HS so went to the kiosk to see if we could get the next one for Soarin.

Soonest time available was almost 11pm.

If I recall, don't quote me, I was "locked" once the first FastPass+ was used and could not change anything until the remaining 2 had been used.  I kept getting a error on the app on the phone, that of course said they were having a system problem.  When I went to a Kiosk that's how it was explained to me. 

Not sure if it changed but in December I was changing things all day.  when we went to DHS as soon as we used one I move the next one to 10 minutes from that point and basically walked on after the short walk to get there. 

If I recall, don't quote me, I was "locked" once the first FastPass+ was used and could not change anything until the remaining 2 had been used.  I kept getting a error on the app on the phone, that of course said they were having a system problem.  When I went to a Kiosk that's how it was explained to me. 

Was that recently?