Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

Clearly not in the right place! 

Truth.  I was just there Sunday and Monday.

I thought for sure I'd catch a ride.

Dang it.

That's a tough call. But since I'm a betting man my money is on CKCK.

Andrews working. JJBeascher is leaving tomorrow or Friday.

But you never know with Andrew. He might drive up to Disney after work tonight.

If I wasn't heading back on Friday, I would seriously consider it.

BTW, there's a dark horse in the race.

TCD Twin #2 is there.

I am not sure if she is technically a CM yet- as she doesn't do Traditions until tomorrow (see the new TCD TR if you want to hear more about that).

TCD

TCD Twin #2 is there.

I am not sure if she is technically a CM yet- as she doesn't do Traditions until tomorrow (see the new TCD TR if you want to hear more about that).

TCD

Hmmm.... but she doesn't have a Fiend screen name. So does that qualify? 

Truth.  I was just there Sunday and Monday.

I thought for sure I'd catch a ride.

Dang it.

If I wasn't heading back on Friday, I would seriously consider it.

TCD Twin #2 is there.

TCD

She is not considered a CM until she gets her ID. For us that's during traditions. Not sure when the CPs get theirs.

Hmmm.... but she doesn't have a Fiend screen name. So does that qualify? 

I have always considered them honorary fiends. Even though they do not have a screen name, they have met more fiends and participated in more GGs than most with a screen name.........

When Andrew (TCD) first told me that he was having second thoughts about posting that twin #2 was going to be in the WDW CP, I replied below.

"I think Fiends would love, and kinda deserve, to know that she is in the CP.

They've watched the twins grow up on the boards for about 5 years. Like it or not, they're part of the Fiend family.

I think some Fiends would feel left out if you kept it a complete secret. Sorry, but in a small way, they belong to us too."

He had understandable concerns, but there are ways around them. And that's my opinion whether or not the twins are Fiends.

When Andrew (TCD) first told me that he was having second thoughts about posting that twin #2 was going to be in the WDW CP, I replied below.

They've watched the twins grow up on the boards for about 5 years. Like it or not, they're part of the Fiend family.

I think some Fiends would feel left out if you kept it a complete secret. Sorry, but in a small way, they belong to us too."

He had understandable concerns, but there are ways around them. And that's my opinion whether or not the twins are Fiends.

Also a good point. 

She is not considered a CM until she gets her ID. For us that's during traditions. Not sure when the CPs get theirs.

As far as I know, she gets her nametag at the end of Traditions from the boss himself.  She is really looking forward to that.

I have always considered them honorary fiends. Even though they do not have a screen name, they have met more fiends and participated in more GGs than most with a screen name.........

I have always considered Fiend kids to be Fiends.

This is all true.

I was going to try to keep it secret, but Lou talked me out of it.  Nobody better stalk Twin #2.

TCD

I would put this out there.

Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking for her to meet her on the job. This could affect any future she has planned with Disney. So please please please do not go looking for her.

I would put this out there.

Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking for her to meet her on the job. This could affect any future she has planned with Disney. So please please please do not go looking for her.

Thanks Dave.

Well said.

As of now, Twin #2 does hope to have a big future with the company.

She will be around the Fort from time to time when she's off the clock and I'm enjoying a discounted rate on a campsite.  You can get your autographs then.

TCD

Thanks Dave.

Well said.

As of now, Twin #2 does hope to have a big future with the company.

She will be around the Fort from time to time when she's off the clock and I'm enjoying a discounted rate on a campsite.  You can get your autographs then.

TCD

I didn't even think about a discount! You are a lucky man..... accomplished, well behaved daughters AND a Fort discount. 

No stalking!!!!

And I'll add this. If you do run into her please respect her privacy and

DO NOT POST WHERE SHE IS WORKING!!!

TCD and other fiends who post are fair game.

But kids are off limit. I know people and they can hurt you. Besides, I've been to jail and I ain't afraid to go back! Do I make myself clear?

This should go without saying but I'm going to say it. If you take some pictures of fiends and their friends, spouses and/or kids are in it. Please ask permission to post there picture.

Not knowing where a CM works or what their schedule is, searching for a particular person is futile.

Too many jobs, too many possible locations, on stage, off stage, not to mention different shifts.

While people don't go looking for me, some keep an eye out for me, just in case. Only a handful people have accidentally run into me over 6 years, and I'm in a very visible position.

There are about 70,000 CMs at WDW, good luck finding one not knowing what they do, where they do it, and when they do it.

I already reported this on another thread, but since this one has been around for a while, I will post here to report that Twin #2 and I got to ride the Mine Train early on Friday morning, May 23.

It's a nice little roller coaster.  The dark ride part is very well done. The queue is great.  The ride is very smooth.  It is a beautiful attraction, with a lot of detail to admire and take in.

As far as intensity, I am not even sure it's more intense than the Goofy rollercoaster.  It didn't seem that way to me, anyway.

My only criticism is that it is very, very short.  When you account for the long, slow, lift hill, I am not even sure the action part of it is as long as the Barnstormer.  It's very much a shorter ride that all of the other coasters in WDW.  I'd rate it a Lou on the DIT scale (2.0).

TCD

I already reported this on another thread, but since this one has been around for a while, I will post here to report that Twin #2 and I got to ride the Mine Train early on Friday morning, May 23.

It's a nice little roller coaster.  The dark ride part is very well done. The queue is great.  The ride is very smooth.  It is a beautiful attraction, with a lot of detail to admire and take in.

As far as intensity, I am not even sure it's more intense than the Goofy rollercoaster.  It didn't seem that way to me, anyway.

My only criticism is that it is very, very short.  When you account for the long, slow, lift hill, I am not even sure the action part of it is as long as the Barnstormer.  It's very much a shorter ride that all of the other coasters in WDW.  I'd rate it a Lou on the DIT scale (2.0).

TCD

Not much shorter than Barnstormer, is it? 

I've heard the cars are uncomfortable. Did you find that to be a problem? 

Not much shorter than Barnstormer, is it? 

I've heard the cars are uncomfortable. Did you find that to be a problem? 

It's got to be a little longer that the Barnstormer.  My point is that the lift hill takes you through a dark-ride segment.  Slowwwwly.  Once you hit the coaster part, it seems to end very quickly.

The cars are cozy.  I'm a bit overweight, but not as large as a lot of WDW guests.  My legs seemed to barely fit in between the safety bar for the car.  A larger person will have problems with this.

TCD

Cars seemed fine to me.  At least they didn't strike me as particularly uncomfortable. I had enough room to swing my bag around to the side and fit me and it inside the seat.

One thing that I liked was that once the line moves inside, it doesn't snake around forever and ever.  Those of us in line were concerned we'd go around a corner and there would be miles more of the queue to go through (like Big Thunder when it's busy), but there wasn't.

Also the interactive bits were fun. The teenage boy in front of me remarked of the first game "this is a lot more fun than I thought it would be."  :)

Not knowing where a CM works or what their schedule is, searching for a particular person is futile.

Too many jobs, too many possible locations, on stage, off stage, not to mention different shifts.

While people don't go looking for me, some keep an eye out for me, just in case. Only a handful people have accidentally run into me over 6 years, and I'm in a very visible position.

There are about 70,000 CMs at WDW, good luck finding one not knowing what they do, where they do it, and when they do it.

Good point Captain Lou. I have been fortunate enough to meet you around the campsite, but never crossed paths while you were on the clock. That's a lot of hours I've spent bussing it all over WDW for many years. Are the odds better to win Powerball than meeting Lou on the job.......I'm starting to wonder. Maybe I'll do the math.