Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

Did anyone else notice how much faster the train seems to be moving in this last video versus the previous one?

Yes.  In the official Disney one, they sped up the tape on the lift hill, and in the dark part, and may have slowed it down to show details during the coaster part.  That's why their "Full POV" is shorter than the actual ride time.

TCD

OK someone has been reading Dave's posts here because Inside the Magic just posted this on FB...

Video link...

http://youtu.be/nR6a3yTvKIA

Much better.

The whole rocking ride vehicle thing was really just a lot of hype from what I see.

Also, not one person in that video put his or her hands up on the ride.  As we know, they were just testing clearances for that stuff this past Saturday.  I wonder if they instructed these folks not to put their hands up?  I wonder if there's some kind of problem with that?

TCD

Also, not one person in that video put his or her hands up on the ride.  As we know, they were just testing clearances for that stuff this past Saturday.  I wonder if they instructed these folks not to put their hands up?  I wonder if there's some kind of problem with that?

Someone will have to find out...   8)

I figured this would just be a newer version on the Barnstormer. I never figured big thrills in Fantsy land but I am ok with that. Now that I have a little girl I am glad to see they are putting in rides that a family can ride together that are faster then The old Snow White ride. Although when I am tired a slow ride is nice. But that is what the golf cart at the fort is for.

Ditto

Much better.

The whole rocking ride vehicle thing was really just a lot of hype from what I see.

Also, not one person in that video put his or her hands up on the ride. As we know, they were just testing clearances for that stuff this past Saturday. I wonder if they instructed these folks not to put their hands up? I wonder if there's some kind of problem with that?

TCD

Maybe because it was all "press" they told them not to because they knew they were videoing?

Here's the first "review" I've seen...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1444493#p1444493%C2'> (follow the link for photos/video)

Here's my initial thoughts on the ride, only having ridden it twice so far (Elissa and I are going back this evening for the Mine Train party and more rides!)

First off, this is NOT on the level of "Big Thunder Mountain" or "Expedition Everest" in terms of thrills. It was never meant to be, and that's not what this ride is about. I just wanted to put that out there! Here is what the ride IS - a great family attraction that's the perfect middle step between Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain. Remember guys, it has a 38" height restriction. It's the perfect definition of a "family coaster."

The coaster section is a lot of "fun", much bigger than your average Vekoma roller skater and just thrilling enough to enjoy. From my two rides, I felt that the swinging motion works pretty well, but certainly was dependent on weight and where you sat in the train. In the front seat by myself, I didn't feel that it swung or rocked that much. But in the back seat with two larger adults, it rocked pretty good! Not like an Arrow suspended coaster or anything, but you certainly felt the swinging or rocking motion as you hit the curves. Again, it's not THAT pronounced, after all this is more of a kids ride, but if you watch the video, you can see it more in the backseat POV than the front.

The dark ride section was great! I'll be honest, it was a bit shorter than I thought it was going to be, but what was there looked FANTASTIC! The animatronics with the projection mapped faces look VERY 'animated' like a cartoon that jumped off the paper. I was impressed.

Overall I think the ride will do very well as it's a solid attraction. If you want bigger thrills, there is Space Mountain, Splash, and Thunder for you, and this fits perfectly well as a step up to those, and also stands on it's own as a fun ride. I mean, it's a MILLION TIMES better than the old and busted looking Snow White Scary Adventures dark ride!!!

While we were editing video, I was discussing the ride with the guys from Attractions Magazine as a good was to describe it. It's not really an "Everest lite" or "Thunder Mountain lite", as I've heard some people try to describe it, and it's much better than describing it as a "Swinging Barnstormer" because it's much more than that.

We thought about it for a bit, and I think we decided that it's a better, Disney-fied version of Legoland's Dragon attraction. Good dark ride show scene and "fun" coaster section, much better than your average kiddie coaster but not quite to the Thunder Mountain level of thrills.

So a "bigger, better, Disney version of Dragon" is where we landed and I think that's about accurate!

Looking forward to hearing what you all think of it once it opens to the public! (I hear we are getting an official opening date announced tomorrow!)

--Robb

There's a fun little app where you get your dwarf name and can download the Miner's handbook.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/seven-dwarfs-mine-train/#detailsMediaPlayer

For what it's worth, the opening scene has a sign that says "training begins in 14 days"

Hmmm...

A review from Inside the Magic with lots of photos and video...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/05/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-unveiled-at-walt-disney-world-as-a-perfect-blend-of-family-thrills-and-dark-ride-fun/

Excerpts...

Though the ride isn’t officially open yet (an opening date will be announced tomorrow), today’s “sneak peek” for invited press and their guests revealed an impressively new telling of that classic story.

Though Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a family coaster, the big drop is surprisingly, well, big. It’s an out-of-your-seat, pit-of-your-stomach moment, particularly when sitting in the back seat and is the most fun part of the whole outdoor portion.

The much-publicised rocking ride vehicles unfortunately don’t add too much to the attraction. Guests sitting side-by-side will feel that much more than those sitting alone, but ultimately they really don’t sway very much.

The new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a completely fulfilling experience and a perfect way to finish off New Fantasyland. It’s not as thrilling as Big Thunder Mountain, but not as tame as the Barnstormer – somewhere in between – but far more entertaining having added the dark ride element to the roller coaster. Disney fans of all ages will surely love the whole new attraction, which will definitely need a FastPass+ booking because it’s definitely going to be popular.

There's a fun little app where you get your dwarf name and can download the Miner's handbook.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/seven-dwarfs-mine-train/#detailsMediaPlayer

For what it's worth, the opening scene has a sign that says "training begins in 14 days"

Hmmm...

It must be broken. I gave me the name Classy. LOL

Hmmm...

I just did the quiz and got "Lucky".  I'll take it!

I came immediately here to report on the 14 days part.  Can't wait to see what it says tomorrow.

So.... apparently Grumpy Cat is at the Magic Kingdom for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train party also.  And no, I'm not kidding...

Headed back into the Magic Kingdom for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train party. And I hear Grumpy will be joined by a certain feline tonight…

It's @RealGrumpyCat at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train party!
10172678_10151993466737035_8672042708467

I totally just got a selfie with Grumpy Cat at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Party!

10277671_10152418792213566_3746970028184

I have ridden the "Dragon" attraction they mention in the review above, and even though I haven't seen the videos, or even seen it with the walls down, that's the first thing I thought about as I was scrolling through the talk about this thing, even before I read this review.