Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

And still I have none.

That is ridiculous. So, you have no experience with them. You would think the idiots in charge might want the CM's on the front lines to know a little bit about this Billion dollar project, so they could help the guests. I guess that's too logical a thought.

If they can stretch out what probably should have been a 9 month project into 3 years, imagine what they'll do with the Smurfs on steroids project.

True.

I think they're already saying 3 years on the Smurfs. I guess that will be adjusted depending on what Universal does.

TCD

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

That is ridiculous. So, you have no experience with them. You would think the idiots in charge might want the CM's on the front lines to know a little bit about this Billion dollar project, so they could help the guests. I guess that's too logical a thought.

We were told by the VP of WDW Transportation that CMs would be getting MBs before full rollout for large scale testing. That never happened. They decided instead to have small scale CM testing where CMs could sign up or be selected.

I didn't look into getting involved and have little interest in the MyMagic program because I won't be using most of it.

Word of warning... do not Google "Smurfs on steriods"

That's a good way to make people Google it.

Guess I'm not the only one that has made the observation.

Inside the Magic posted this to their FB page just now...

I've received the itinerary for the big 3-day press event at Walt Disney World at the end of this month. They've asked I don't share the details, but it does include a dedication of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a look at MyMagic+, an Around Our World presentation - and many "surprises" promised throughout. (Currently planning lots of interviews and fun coverage opportunities throughout, so stay tuned.)

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic

In other news, the idiots running the official Disney Parks Blog just posted and entry which shares links to five previous videos posted about the stupid ride:  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/top-five-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-videos-from-walt-disney-imagineering/

As previously noted, guests are getting increasing impatient with Disney's refusal to announce an opening date.  Every one of the comments is complaining about this.

If I didn't know better, I would suggest that Lou adopted another pseudonym and posted this comment, which is my favorite so far:

Matt on April 17th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

The amount of coverage on this site for this attraction would be overkill for news covering the opening of a fifth park at WDW.

Good one, Matt!

TCD

From Orlando Attractions Magazine...

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train welcomes first riders as part of a commercial shoot

April 22, 2014

Image2-620x348.jpg

Filming for a new Disney commercial took place today on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, with extras being the first riders on the new attraction.

http://youtu.be/AZ3DQQ44hhw

Extras with bright clothing were brought in to act as riders while Disney set up camera on and around the Mine Train mountain to film their rides for a new video advertisement. Many takes were done throughout the morning, even with two camera attached to the ride vehicles.

As the train enters the mountain near Storybook Circus, you can hear the picking of the dwarfs working inside the mine. As the train heads up the second lift hill toward the big drop near Belle’s Village, you can hear the dwarfs singing “Heigh-Ho.”

Taking into consideration the show scene inside the mountain, we estimate the ride time from start to finish to be a little over two minutes. The cars doesn’t seem to be swinging a lot, but it could feel greater while riding.

Soft openings should start for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train very soon. The dedication for the ride is scheduled to be on May 2, so it may officially open later that day. But no official opening date has been announced.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-sees-first-riders-part-commercial-shoot/

You can tell how important a WDW press event is by the level of so-called fake press that's being invited. If they're inviting basement bloggers, and Disney websites run by guys named Ricky, Josh, Pete, and whoever runs Allears, it's not that big a deal. 

And the opening of a second rate, over hyped, coaster that took longer than the Great Pyramids to build, is not that big a deal.

Lou,

You need to learn to be more open and say what you really feel.   :rofl3:

From Orlando Attractions Magazine's Facebook page...

All of the walls around the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train have come down. There's still no word on soft openings, though today there are still workers in hardhats painting and working along the track. Our best guess is that the ride will open sometime this coming week. We'll be at a media event for the ride Thursday night.

Post and photos here...

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine/posts/10152336501724330

From Orlando Attractions Magazine's Facebook page...

Post and photos here...

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine/posts/10152336501724330

It won't be long now.

Those photos show those bushes in planters on wheels.  They bring those out for all the new attractions.  They can wheel them aside and back as needed.

I'd like to go just to see the attraction with all the walls down.

I may need to squeeze in a day trip.

TCD

I approve of this idea. 

Planning and texts are underway.  Twin #1 is the closest, and needs to study for her final exams.  But, this is an urgent matter.

I'll meet you there.

Can't do it today.

And you leave tomorrow.

It's looking like it will be Sunday if it happens.

If this trip goes down, Twin #2 will still need to go, and my oldest daughter is going to come home for a few days when her semester ends next week.  So there may be another day trip next weekend.

We have to be the first Fiends to ride the Mine Train!

TCD

I approve of this idea. 

Second!  All in favor?

If this trip goes down, Twin #2 will still need to go, and my oldest daughter is going to come home for a few days when her semester ends next week.  So there may be another day trip next weekend.

We have to be the first Fiends to ride the Mine Train!

Agreed!  :)