Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

Official announcement on the Disney Parks Blog...

At a special dedication ceremony happening right now at Magic Kingdom Park, Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs announced that the “crowning jewel” of New Fantasyland, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, will officially open on May 28.

0502ZX_0094KP-copy.jpg

During this morning’s ceremony, Tom was joined by Disney Princess Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as he invited everyone to celebrate the addition of the final component to New Fantasyland.

“Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is both literally and figuratively the centerpiece of New Fantasyland, so we knew it had to be something special,” Tom said. “The attraction appeals to everyone in the family and provides just the right blend of heart, humor, and thrill while keeping with the charm of this special land.”

The family-style coaster features an innovative new ride system that allows cars to swing back and forth as they travel down the track. The cars are even designed to reflect similar vehicles that appear in the film, handmade of wood by the Dwarfs, shaped by an axe, and used to haul rocks and jewels.

TRAIN345-613x407.jpg

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train also uses the latest in technology featuring some of the most advanced and charming Audio-Animatronics figures we’ve ever created. Adding to the fun, the journey will be accompanied by music from the film classic and scenes filled with Snow White, the Seven Dwarfs and playful forest critters.

We have much more to share in the weeks before the attraction opens on May 28, so be sure to keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-opens-may-28-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Ditto!!

From the Disney Parks Blog...

This morning, we offered a special opportunity to watch the official dedication of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at New Fantasyland live – right here on the Disney Parks Blog. Click the video to watch a replay of the ceremony.

[follow this link for video... http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/live-video-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-dedication-from-magic-kingdom-park/]

Follow along as we provide updates on the @WaltDisneyWorld Twitter account during the event. You can also learn more about the family-style coaster by checking out our exclusive “All in the Details” series.

Alright Ray and Andrew!!

I am looking forward to detailed Fiend reviews of this ride....not the sanitized garbage we get from other websites.

Thanks Dave.

I may have scored the first FP+ for the mine train and all that credit goes to Jason. Our FPs are for June 3rd.

But Andrew scored his for may 28th. So I'm sure we will have a full report before I ride it. But I'm probably not going to read Andrews till after I ride it.

Thanks Dave.

I may have scored the first FP+ for the mine train and all that credit goes to Jason. Our FPs are for June 3rd.

But Andrew scored his for may 28th. So I'm sure we will have a full report before I ride it. But I'm probably not going to read Andrews till after I ride it.

I know it may appear to some people (*cough* Kelly *cough*) that I hate EVERYTHING....but that is not true.  There's an awful lot I like at WDW, including the theming for most of NF.  Yes, I think the new Ariel ride there is lame.  But I did go into it with an open mind.  And I'm going to do the same for this ride.  Either way, it can't possibly be as bad as the old Scary Ho ride it somewhat replaces, right? 

Thanks Dave.

I was talking to my daughters about this last night.

I told them I had watched the POV videos for the ride and asked if they had.  They had not, and don't want to.  They are going to try to ride it without watching any of the spoilers that are everywhere.

We were able to experience Enchanted Tales with Belle that way, and I am glad that we did.

I wish I hadn't watched the videos.

When I finally ride this thing, I am going to post photos- but I understand your not wanting to see them.

TCD

I know it may appear to some people (*cough* Kelly *cough*) that I hate EVERYTHING....but that is not true.  There's an awful lot I like at WDW, including the theming for most of NF.  Yes, I think the new Ariel ride there is lame.  But I did go into it with an open mind.  And I'm going to do the same for this ride.  Either way, it can't possibly be as bad as the old Scary Ho ride it somewhat replaces, right? 

I don't think you hate EVERYTHING, just most things. 

I was talking to my daughters about this last night.

I told them I had watched the POV videos for the ride and asked if they had.  They had not, and don't want to.  They are going to try to ride it without watching any of the spoilers that are everywhere.

We were able to experience Enchanted Tales with Belle that way, and I am glad that we did.

I wish I hadn't watched the videos.

When I finally ride this thing, I am going to post photos- but I understand your not wanting to see them.

TCD

I haven't watched the videos, but I have seen pictures. I'm not sure I want to watch until I ride.... in a year. 

Managing expectations on this one will be tough.....  I hadn't heard much about the Under the Sea ride before experiencing it.  You all know how that turned out.   

Dave, I couldn't agree more. I had heard rumors that Under the Sea was going to be another under-sea ride like 20,000 Leagues. I couldn't have been more disappointed. At least I used a Fast Pass and didn't have to wait in a long standby line. Since I don't have any young granddaughters, I doubt I'll ever go on a journey with the Little Mermaid again, unless I need a nice, slow, air conditioned on a hot day.  :rofl3:

I scored a fast pass after the sun goes down on May 31st and then again during the day on June 3rd. So that way I get to experience both ways :))

Are FPs are for June 3rd @ 9:35-10:35. look for us. I'll be the handsome guy with Jorts on taking pictures from my oversized stroller with my iPad. Lol

Here's a new, fun video from Disney Parks Blog...

Watch Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rise up out of the ground in this new video, provided by Walt Disney Imagineering, below.

http://youtu.be/GgzEyHdoX10

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/time-lapse-video-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-rises-from-new-fantasyland/

Didnt see that one! Thanks for sharing it. It's fun to watch a lot of New Fantasyland being built in that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I get bragging rights to be the first fiend to ride the Mine Train.

Today, I had the opportunity to ride it, not once, not twice, but 10 times throughout the day. I will also be riding it tomorrow.

10 was more than enough to make me not to want to ride it again. But Ill squeeze in a few more.

A few pictures will be coming, but all I had was my phone so don't expect too much.

The review:

The queue is very nice. The outdoor section is well shaded by trees and they have fans set up throughout to help keep it cool. It looked like misters may be installed on them as well, but they were not running today. But then again, there was no wait either. The indoor queue is large and can accommodate allot of folks under shade. There are a few interactive components, such as a digital sleuth where you collect gems and place them in the correct spot by shape and color. There is also a nice water feature that plays music and shoots colored water when you place your hand under it. It is similar to that of the haunted mansion music feature. Inside the cave is yet another interactive feature where you spin 8 barrels of gems. The faster you spin them creates images on the ceiling. If you can get all 8 spinning at the same time you get a special surprise. We could not get all 8 spinning with just 4 of us. Im sure once the crowds come it will be easier.

The whole area is very well themed. Its nice but it is also brand new.

The ride itself did break down a few times throughout the day but was quickly brought up, but that's not a good sign for soft openings. They will not soft open if the ride keeps going down. Lets hope they fix the issues soon.

The ride itself is similar to the barnstormer in ride speed and intensity with a slow "dark" part in the middle. If youre looking for a high intense ride, this is not it. You do pull some Gs in the last few turns, but it is most definitely a kids ride. The dark section is cute and has the dwarves working in the mine. The animatronics are on the same level of Under the Seas with Ariel. The whole ride only lasted about a min. Its very quick.

The cars do swing. When you watch from the sidelines, they do not look like they swing much. But when youre in them, you can see how much movement they have. We were able to swing them pretty good by timing it with corners and getting the whole car in the motion. You can also get them swinging in the slow dark section.

Overall its a good ride and is worth a ride. I wouldn't wait more than 30 to 40 mins for it but can see the wait times reaching Frozen levels when it first opens.

The amount of dirty looks we got when riding would tell you enough. We had to have security watching the entrance and all 4 sides to keep people from sneaking in or threatening the CMs (yes, someone was evicted for threatening bodily harm if his kid wasn't allowed to ride).      

The amount of dirty looks we got when riding would tell you enough. We had to have security watching the entrance and all 4 sides to keep people from sneaking in or threatening the CMs (yes, someone was evicted for threatening bodily harm if his kid wasn't allowed to ride).      

That's sad.