Main Street USA painting

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you were going to say something else.     Once it's done, "Community Property" rules apply.     Let me ponder that for about 10 milliseconds.........................uhh, no.     Slim is righ

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "it all started with a mouse". 

That's actually a photo of MS USA taken during a Halloween party. I'm going to change the banners to a July 4th theme seeing that a lot of flags are waving. I'll be doing it in segments, and I take pr

Lou... :heartsmiley:

Ditto

This is a project I will enjoy watching.

That's my goal.

That's some pretty terrific work there, Lou. 

Looking forward to seeing the transformation on your latest project!

Me too.

I like when Mary Poppins rode the carousel. 

There's got to be a subliminal message in there somewhere.

What does your obvious abundance of talent have to do with your equally obvious lack of a pretty face?

Kinda like yin-yang.

Wow! That is awesome!

Awesome, not really, but thanks.

When you showed the Dwarfs, I thought you were joking about making them. You weren't!!!!

Nope, people think I bought them already made and just painted them, but they all started with a big ball of clay.

Today was research and locate the parts day.

The pole is crucial to the overall look, so I wanted the pole to be high quality. I'm using all polished brass parts to make it and the base.

I found a company online that sells all sorts of polished brass parts. I ordered a brass ball for the top of the pole and a 1/4"diameter brass rod for the pole.

For the base, I'm using a generic brass candlestick holder which can be found at most home decor stores.

I'll drill the ball to accept the pole and cement it in place. And I'll do the same with the base.

That's it for the pole. A professional looking and quality carousel horse pole for about $35.

So far I've spent about $85, and that should do it. The rest is labor.

Horse3_zps1cdb799c.jpg

You do not know this but all my life I have wanted one of the carousel horses.  I saw one in Mobile at one time but they would not sell it.  It was almost full size.    One like yours would be one of my dreams coming true.  And I know just where I would put it.

Did not realize how talented you are.

Keep up the good work.

Shawnee says hi to Mr. Lou.

You do not know this but all my life I have wanted one of the carousel horses. One like yours would be one of my dreams coming true. 

I can fully understand that. I consider the real ones works of art.

I'm glad I made it for Gail.

The first photo does not do it justice, here's a closer view.

Did not realize how talented you are.

I take absolutely no credit for it's just there.

Shawnee says hi to Mr. Lou.

A big HI right back at him.

IMG_1062_zpsebbaf3e5.jpg

That's some beautiful work, Lou. You can be very proud of it.

Back in my college days, I dated a girl who had a brass pole like that in her bedroom. Now it all makes sense. Apparently she hadn't finished crafting her carousel horse yet...

Back in my college days, I dated a girl who had a brass pole like that in her bedroom. Now it all makes sense. Apparently she hadn't finished crafting her carousel horse yet...

That's her story, and she's sticking to it.

If I ever go to a strip club, and get caught, I could explain that I was conducting research for the pole.

Pole Dancing may become an Olympic Sport:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/08/10/pole-dancing-for-olympics

Todd's college date was on to something......maybe she will be on the cover of the Wheaties box someday with her gold tassels.....oops i mean medals.

She's probably fabulously wealthy today.  She was a keeper! 

I understand that she dropped out of school and that she and seven of her smallish friends went to work for Walt.

Lou, are you and the Mouse back working together?