Main Street USA painting

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you were going to say something else.     Once it's done, "Community Property" rules apply.     Let me ponder that for about 10 milliseconds.........................uhh, no.     Slim is righ

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "it all started with a mouse". 

That's actually a photo of MS USA taken during a Halloween party. I'm going to change the banners to a July 4th theme seeing that a lot of flags are waving. I'll be doing it in segments, and I take pr

I love your work.  And your office!  I spy:  a Gator helmet, a Jeff Gordon die cast, and a ton of Disney characters.  That would be very similar to what my office would look like……if I had one!

However, I didn't spot any Red Sox merchandise….must be you have dedicated the entire opposite wall not pictured to them?

I love your work.  And your office!  I spy:  a Gator helmet, a Jeff Gordon die cast, and a ton of Disney characters.  That would be very similar to what my office would look like……if I had one!

However, I didn't spot any Red Sox merchandise….must be you have dedicated the entire opposite wall not pictured to them?

Thanks, good eye spotting those things.

And yes, you're correct, the opposite wall has the Red Sox and Patriots banners.

That's actually a photo of MS USA taken during a Halloween party.

I'm going to change the banners to a July 4th theme seeing that a lot of flags are waving.

I'll be doing it in segments, and I take progress photos anyway, I'll post those. 

It'll take a few months as I only put in a few hours a day, if that.

That's actually a photo of MS USA taken during a Halloween party.

I'm going to change the banners to a July 4th theme seeing that a lot of flags are waving.

I'll be doing it in segments, and I take progress photos anyway, I'll post those. 

It'll take a few months as I only put in a few hours a day, if that.

I can't wait until you start posting the pics of the progress!

First progress report.

This shows the overall size of the painting which will be 30" x 15".

I painted the sky that is directly around the castle first, and then sketched in the castle. It's much easier to do it this way rather than paint in the sky after the castle is done, saves a lot of time.

As the castle is the focal point, I started with it.

Next is to add color, and an excruciating amount of architectural detail.

MS1_zpse1b1386e.jpg

MS2_zps5a2becef.jpg