Main Street USA painting

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you were going to say something else.     Once it's done, "Community Property" rules apply.     Let me ponder that for about 10 milliseconds.........................uhh, no.     Slim is righ

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "it all started with a mouse". 

That's actually a photo of MS USA taken during a Halloween party. I'm going to change the banners to a July 4th theme seeing that a lot of flags are waving. I'll be doing it in segments, and I take pr

I want one of Buddy's sisters........that is what we need to train to be Kimberly's service dog.  They can be trained to detect her sleep apnea and seizures.  I can just see the 2 of them together now.

And no matter what you say Lou, you are talented and do have a "pretty" face.  :hugsmiley:

Lou you do beautiful work. A few weeks ago I saw a carousel horse for sale at a little antique store and I thought it might look cute in DD room so I asked the guy if it was real, since it seemed a little small to me. He says he finds old kids spring horses and fixes them up and mounts them on a pole. I just wanted to put that out there for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, I did finish it while I was away meditating with the Dalai Lama in Tibet. 

It's about 18" tall and turned out pretty good.

My next project, which I will begin soon, is of Beauty and the Beast.

Gail saw it recently at one of the shops in the new Fantasyland, and liked it. It doesn't do anything for me, but she likes it a lot, so that's that.

It will be on a 28" x 22" canvas.

PBHorse_zps689fdb77.jpg

• 1 month later...

This looks great Lou. Sil wanted to know when I would carve her a carousel horse or paint her a picture. I told her I would build her a computer and put up a painting of a carousel horse as the background.

I dont think anyone has guessed yet which is original and which is the copy. I think the one on the left is original and the right is your version.

Thanks everyone.

The story behind that painting is that last year, Gail and I were in the gift shop in the New Fantasyland, and for some reason that painting struck a nerve with her. I could see that it did, so I told her that I'd paint one for her. She new that I could, I could also see that it made her happy.

Bob, (TNBob), and some other Fiends were with us at the time, and when I said that I would do it, he gave me a look, like, sure you will buddy. I sensed skepticism and said something to the effect of, I will, and it will look pretty much like that one. I sensed that he still thought I was full of crap, and most times, he'd be right.

Anyway, the original was painted by Brian Rood, and it's currently being offered for $5,500. 

His painting is 25 x 20 and was done in acrylic and water colors. My version is a little larger, and done with acrylic paint as well.

You can get a better sense of it's size from the photo below that I took while I was doing it.

I know, you thought I lived under a rock and worked in a dungeon. Also pay not attention to the Disney stuff and other toys, I stole them from the little kids a WDW.

Office_zpsc8418727.jpg

And now we have a photo of the very spot where all the evil plots are hatched.   

Your not that far off.

Before I retired it was my work office where I created some functional, but pretty weird mechanical contraptions. In those days I had multiple PCs and monitors setup for doing 3d engineering Cad. In fact if you look under the desk, that's a huge, powerful, Mac I used to create 3d animation with.

But for the last 6 years, only happy stuff comes out of there.