I just found out Georgia alone has a 60' limit and no reciprocity.  We will be 68'  :gaah:​ with our bus and trailer. How did that guy with the get away with that? Was his whole setup 90'? or just the trailer?  We need our trailer as we are hauling two golf carts for my Mom and us and my Mom's scooter. Not sure how/if we will be able to legally do this......

Does anyone know how long you can be? Anyone ever been stopped for being too long?  We are bringing our trailer this time and it with our bus I think will bring us over the limit.

Laura

We saw this rig at the shop that does our maintenance.  The manager told us the length is legal because on the cab doors it states "Private motorcoach.  Not for hire."  He said that classifies it as a motorhome and therefore not subject to length laws in any state except CA.

d4andtrail_zps31837fac.jpg don't know if any of you saw this Powerhouse Coach on epic RVs but he pulls a large boat behind this. From what I was told by a friend who drives an 18 wheeler there is no limit on interstate highways and as long as you don't abuse it cops will leave you alone. Also the rules are different for RVs.

D

Yeah.

I remember that we've had discussions here about the legality of triple towing.  Some states allow it.  Some don't.

I don't think LEO"s know what's legal and what's not when it comes to towing, so people get away with a lot.  Especially RV's.

But, what if you're stopped in a state where you've exceeded some limit?   That would be bad.

TCD

But, what if you're stopped in a state where you've exceeded some limit?   That would be bad.

TCD

I know a couple people who were "double towing" on the PA Turnpike and had to drop one trailer and then go back to get it.

Also, if you're doing something extreme and technically illegal and you cause an accident, good luck with your insurance company.

I believe insurance companies can deny coverage if you're doing something illegal.

Oops.

TCD

Ever heard of insurance denial for a crash due to speeding, DUI, improper maintenance, texting, etc?

d4andtrail_zps31837fac.jpg don't know if any of you saw this Powerhouse Coach on epic RVs but he pulls a large boat behind this. From what I was told by a friend who drives an 18 wheeler there is no limit on interstate highways and as long as you don't abuse it cops will leave you alone. Also the rules are different for RVs.

D

I think I just found my new RV!

Right after I win the lottery.

I'd love to see the inside of that rig.

It's legal in Oklahoma to triple tow. I see truckers pulling 5ers pulling a boat all the time.

D

If I remember right this guys has a boat he pulls behind the trailer, might even be painted to match. On the front of the boat trailer there is a jetski on either side of the hull. It's a pretty nice $etup he ha$.

It is legal in Louisiana. I do it from time to time. Here is a picture from this past May.

20130505_131056_zpse0c9a2ca.jpg

I have done it twice to the Fort with the golf cart. I was nervous the whole time in Florida as I understand it is not legal in Florida. Due to that I prefer to go to the Fort with this:

32202_131223876888655_100000031307365_34