• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is it folks. The last leg of our journey.  Again on this day we had beautiful weather and light traffic with an added bonus of some beautiful scenery. We arrived at Jason and Sil's at 3:15. Sil w

This story actually began in chat. A few of us were talking with Jason about his search for a pop up. You know how the discussion goes. Gee, I really would like to have my own pup. Nothing new but in

I just want to say a little something about our group. They are all Fiendtastic. Since day one when Jason decided to buy his PUP (which needs a name by the way :) ) Fiends have been offering assistanc

Woohoo! I'm in too. It's been a little difficult to post as often as I used to, our new office system is web based, so the streaming, and sites like FB and photobucket are blocked, so it's more difficult to upload and write TRs.

Serendipity indeed. Our part of the story goes back earlier this year. We were wanting a bigger unit for the five of us (and dog), and we had our heart set on finding a 3-bunk hybrid.

I happened to mention it one day to Cyndee (fp4), several weeks later, they announced they were moving north and would be selling the camper. She contacted me. Would we be interested? It is a bunk house, so we could stack the kids in the back! Problem was, they were way up in Jacksonville.

It just happened that we would be making that 5 hour journey that very weekend for a graduation party. We came, we saw, we liked, so MetalWife, myself, and Ben (BassMaster), worked out the logistics and hatched a plan to get Cyndee's camper to a happy place!

We camped in early June, in what would be Maria's last MetalTrip, at Lake Louisa (highly recommend!). On Sunday, we woke up, popped-down, hitched-up, and headed to the Fort, where a party of 4 were rocking there last Fort trip while eligible for Florida resident's! (Not that they freaking honor that anymore!). A few moments after signing the docs and taking the picture fp4 posted a few pages back, we hitched it up, and towed it back to the Tampa area. Ben had Maria in tow.

Since then, I've done a number of things, tinkering and modding it out. The CD player ate one of my favorite reggae discs, so of course I had to replace the whole sound system. Put on a new roof, and gave it a new patriotic makeover! Maria benefitted from the project too, she got a new roof while I was at it!

So far we're three fiends in to the tale, when I hopped in to the chat for the first time since like February. I was actually getting ready to prepare the ad, when I logged on to FF, and I saw some were in the chat, so I jumped in. That's when I bumped into Jason. Serendipity. I sent him what we had prepared for the ad, and off we go!

In regards to Jason's new rig, it was our first taste of camping, we were hooked. We took it out 13 times in our first year alone. Eventually landing us here on FF with you guys. BTW, it has a very cool large musket mickey graphic on it's door side, purple even!

The kids named the camper Maria and it stuck. As we were emptying it out, we came across all sorts of things that the kids decided needed to go to Jason. So there's a bunch of knick-knacks, lights, EZup.. all tucked in, so when he opens it, he'll have a ball figuring out what it all is! Not sure how the Jaws key chain got in the mix, and no, the toilet had never been used! The hippie lights were purchased on our maiden voyage, and have been up on every trip!

Sunday, we hitched it up one last time and headed down to Lorna and Rich, for the next stage. Sat and chatted with them for a while. So far 6 fiends involved until we get to this report (MD, fp4, BassMaster, Lorna, Rich, and Jason). It takes a vilage to get a boy his camper!

I can understand what Cyndee means now, I became quite attached to that PUP ( I won't say little, as it's huge as pups are concerned...23ft opened, rocking dueling king-sized bunks!). I know that it's going to a family that will enjoy it like we did!

Great post, Cyndee!

I'm glad the story has finally been told.

I knew about it first hand from MD, but I didn't want to steal anyone's thunder by mentioning it on the board.

It's kind of an amazing to think about how this chain of events came about, and, it's really cool that we are now getting a live play by play on the current chapter of the story.

Once Maria makes it to Jason, there will be more chapters to add!

None of this would have happened if there was no FortFiends.net.

TCD

Yes, me too. And, it's pretty cool that I can see the camper from time to time thanks to MD's pictures.

I haven't posted about it, either for the same reason.

Looking forward to hearing the latest on this tremendous undertaking you all are in the process of! Stuck in the Atlanta airport for 3 hours and you're keeping me awake! You can only play so many games of real or rug, or find-the-hidden-bottoms on the young ladies who seem to have lost theirs!

It's the BassMaster, believe it or not.  I opened up this 8 page masterpiece in the works, and couldn't put it down.  Best of luck to you, Jason.  Maria will take good care of you as she is very fond of fiends...as am I.

Wow this TR even brought the BassMaster out of hiding. Awesome! Thanks for the good wishes. Hope to run into you and MD sometime. 

It's the BassMaster, believe it or not.  I opened up this 8 page masterpiece in the works, and couldn't put it down.  Best of luck to you, Jason.  Maria will take good care of you as she is very fond of fiends...as am I.

Holy Crap... a unicorn!

Red Lobster??

kim strikes again.

but I wanted to post how happy I am that the TR brought out MetalDan and BassMaster, who have had such great time in the PUP.

I am so happy to be a part of this, and can't wait till we can camp with Jason and Sil and make their memories in it.

MD I wish they would redo your internet at work, I don't know if if mentioned it but I do miss your Trip Reports, I don't read many, but I do enjoy yours you have a great way of telling a story and a great sense of humor. It was so nice spending a little time with you and your kids on

sunday, hope we get to camp together soon