Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

Okay so I’ve never written a trip report ever.  I’ve got two littles at home and we homeschool.  We do tons of stuff at church and basically I have no time.  But I really want to try to do this.  Mostly because I love reading them so it’s only fair.  And also because I want to keep track of what we did so  if I’m going to write it, I think I’ll just go ahead and type it.  Please bear with me.  I won’t be fast, my grammar won’t be correct, and my pictures won’t be that great.   :)  But we had a ton of fun and did a LOT in 8 days!  Speaking of pictures.  I won’t get my photopass cd until a few more weeks and it rained every single day of our trip so I had to leave the camera in a bag in the backpack under my husbands poncho a lot of the time.  So I didn’t take as many pictures as I would have liked.  Plus I have a crazy two year old!

Okay so now it says my pictures are too big to up load what do I do? ???

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how long that room has been like that, but it was just like that in April of 2010.  They have kept it up though.  It has a few rough spots but it had been redone since our visit then.  I'

I will patiently await your report! 

As far as pics...are you uploading to a picture hosting site like Photobucket or Picasa?  You can't really upload directly to the boards...upload to a hosting site and then you insert the location link from the hosting site to the picture link here.  There are others that can explain it better if that is what you are trying to do. 

So lets get this thing going.  There is me, Mommy, and there’s daddy.  Then Fowl, 6, and Fish,2.  This was my forth trip to the world, Daddy’s second, Fowl’s second, and Fish’s first.  We are normally lay on the beach, go on a cruise, and camping kind of vacationers.  I had been to DW as a child and then as a teenager and in 2010 we decided to take Fowl before he turned 3.  I researched like a crazy person and planned out an awesome trip.  We had a great time and were completely blown away with our trip.  We never imagined we would enjoy it as much as we did.  As soon as we returned I was planning our next trip even though I had no clue when it would be.  I continued to read and research.  Eventually planning trips for lots of friends and family.  By 2013 Fish was almost 2 and I heard rumor of free dining.  I know for some it doesn’t save much.  But if you stay at a value resort and stick with the counter service plan it really does save.  Not to mention we wanted to try having the dining plan to see what we thought.  So when it was announced in May, Daddy and Mommy were in Raleigh, and I got up early and booked our trip. 

Here is Daddy and Fish...

P9232681_zps29582a79.jpg

Here is Mommy and Fowl... (hopefully there will be a non blurry picture soon)

P9232682_zps62b0f207.jpg

Now I realize some folks plan their end all be all trip and wait until their kids are old enough to remember everything.  But we just aren’t those kinds of people.  We had some extra $$ so we did it.  We love traveling with our kids.  They do great.    We don’t just want to wait until they are older to do everything.  We like to seize the moment!! 

I really didn’t get to plan for this trip as much as I would have liked to, but I read so much that a lot of information was just in my brain so that helped.  I was excited to use the Magic Bands.   We got our Magic Bands picked out and in the mail.  We made Fastpass+ reservations.  And where we would go each day was decided.  We were using the counter service dining plan, but because Fish is only 2 he was not included in the plan.  This was to going to be a trip from Saturday to Saturday in the world.  We have about an 8-9 hour drive from our house in Alabama. 

When we took Fowl at 2 we left at 3:00 am and drove straight to Disney.  He never woke up and slept solidly until 7:30am. We were in our room at 2:00pm. It worked great.  But Fish likes to wake up early so we were worried that he would wake up when we put him in the car and never go back to sleep.  We decided to leave our house Friday at 5:00pm after Daddy came home from work.  We left at 5:30 which is pretty good for us.  We drove as far as we could, the kids went to sleep at about 8:30.  We stopped in Valdosta and spent the night.  This worked great for everyone except me.  I have a hard time sleeping in new places and probably only slept about 2 hours.  We got up the next morning.  Enjoyed our free breakfast and headed off to the WORLD. 

I will preface this with…  I have a family that loves reptiles.  I’ve always loved lizards, Fowl LOVES reptiles and so the love of them for all of us has grown.  We have a pet leopard gecko, named Yella Fella. 

P7189604_zps155d0561.jpg

That picture is from last year, so that is why Daddy has no beard.

Now I’m not a fan of snakes especially in the wild.  They give me the willies!  We stopped at the rest area that is about an hour or two before Disney World.  The last time we stopped we saw an alligator in the pond.  So we went over to look after our potty break.  We didn’t see anything but stood there for a minute.  Then Fowl spotted a snake in the grass about 5 feet away from us.  He was thrilled.  So was Daddy.  I had the willies.  :) Fun way to start.

Then we got closer to the World and the wonderful  love bugs began to cover our car.  I said a little prayer that they wouldn’t drive us nuts on our trip.  PS they weren’t bad at all.  Then we stopped to get gas and I checked my email.  I got an email from Disney telling us that we had been chosen to use Fastpass+ at Be Our Guest for lunch.  I was THRILLED.  I knew Daddy would not be a fan of waiting in line no matter how much I assured him that TCD said it didn’t take long.  So I made our reservations and we went ahead and chose our meals.  I was PUMPED!!

Finally this is what we saw…

P9212461_zps546af935.jpg

P9212463_zps1ac023a0.jpg

I really didn’t get to plan for this trip as much as I would have liked to, but I read so much that a lot of information was just in my brain so that helped.  I was excited to use the Magic Bands.   We got our Magic Bands picked out and in the mail.  We made Fastpass+ reservations.  And where we would go each day was decided.  We were using the counter service dining plan, but because Fish is only 2 he was not included in the plan.  This was to going to be a trip from Saturday to Saturday in the world.  We have about an 8-9 hour drive from our house in Alabama. 

When we took Fowl at 2 we left at 3:00 am and drove straight to Disney.  He never woke up and slept solidly until 7:30am. We were in our room at 2:00pm. It worked great.  But Fish likes to wake up early so we were worried that he would wake up when we put him in the car and never go back to sleep.  We decided to leave our house Friday at 5:00pm after Daddy came home from work.  We left at 5:30 which is pretty good for us.  We drove as far as we could, the kids went to sleep at about 8:30.  We stopped in Valdosta and spent the night.  This worked great for everyone except me.  I have a hard time sleeping in new places and probably only slept about 2 hours.  We got up the next morning.  Enjoyed our free breakfast and headed off to the WORLD. 

I will preface this with…  I have a family that loves reptiles.  I’ve always loved lizards, Fowl LOVES reptiles and so the love of them for all of us has grown.  We have a pet leopard gecko, named Yella Fella. 

P7189604_zps155d0561.jpg

That picture is from last year, so that is why Daddy has no beard.

Now I’m not a fan of snakes especially in the wild.  They give me the willies!  We stopped at the rest area that is about an hour or two before Disney World.  The last time we stopped we saw an alligator in the pond.  So we went over to look after our potty break.  We didn’t see anything but stood there for a minute.  Then Fowl spotted a snake in the grass about 5 feet away from us.  He was thrilled.  So was Daddy.  I had the willies.  :) Fun way to start.

Then we got closer to the World and the wonderful  love bugs began to cover our car.  I said a little prayer that they wouldn’t drive us nuts on our trip.  PS they weren’t bad at all.  Then we stopped to get gas and I checked my email.  I got an email from Disney telling us that we had been chosen to use Fastpass+ at Be Our Guest for lunch.  I was THRILLED.  I knew Daddy would not be a fan of waiting in line no matter how much I assured him that TCD said it didn’t take long.  So I made our reservations and we went ahead and chose our meals.  I was PUMPED!!

Finally this is what we saw…

P9212461_zps546af935.jpg

P9212463_zps1ac023a0.jpg

Thanks everyone!  I'm excited!

Woo Hoo!

A new trip report!

You're off to a great start. 

I am interested to hear about your Magic Band experiences.

TCD

I'll talk about the magic bands a lot during this report.  I was nervous at first about the fastpass+ situation.  I thought I'd have to run around like a crazy person to make it at the before scheduled times for rides.  I'll explain what I thought after our first park day.  We ordered ours ahead of time and picked the colors and they had our names on them.  If you didn't pre order you got them when you registered and they were all gray with no names on them.