Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how long that room has been like that, but it was just like that in April of 2010.  They have kept it up though.  It has a few rough spots but it had been redone since our visit then.  I'

I thought I'd give a little magic band information.  I'll tell you the details of everything as we go through the report.  But this is just some basic information. 

Basic Magic Band information…

We wore them all of the time.  My 6 year old’s did fall off one time.  He never ever took it off for the entire trip even in the shower.  They fit any size wrist just about.  The bottom gray part comes off to make it smaller for little wrists.  It fit my two year old.  We LOVED them.  The level of convenience can not be expressed.  Anyone with little ones know how much trouble it is to dig out the Key to the World cards when you enter the park.  This totally eliminated this.  We never had any problems with them.  We used them to get in the room, for fastpass+, for our dining plan, to purchase things, to get in and out of the room, and for photopass.  You have to put in a pin code of your choice to purchase things or to use the dining plan.  We used a metallic sharpy and wrote Daddys cell number on the inside of all of them.  This was also our safety measure for our kids.  I do hope in the future you can put more safetly information on there for the kids.  My oldest is allergic to peanuts and it would be nice if it could be put on there just in case we were ever separated or he had a reaction.  We did swim in them and all I took to the pool was a towel.  That was awesome. 

I thought I'd give a little magic band information. I'll tell you the details of everything as we go through the report. But this is just some basic information.

We wore them all of the time. My 6 year old’s did fall off one time. He never ever took it off for the entire trip even in the shower. They fit any size wrist just about. The bottom gray part comes off to make it smaller for little wrists. It fit my two year old. We LOVED them. The level of convenience can not be expressed. Anyone with little ones know how much trouble it is to dig out the Key to the World cards when you enter the park. This totally eliminated this. We never had any problems with them. We used them to get in the room, for fastpass+, for our dining plan, to purchase things, to get in and out of the room, and for photopass. You have to put in a pin code of your choice to purchase things or to use the dining plan. We used a metallic sharpy and wrote Daddys cell number on the inside of all of them. This was also our safety measure for our kids. I do hope in the future you can put more safetly information on there for the kids. My oldest is allergic to peanuts and it would be nice if it could be put on there just in case we were ever separated or he had a reaction. We did swim in them and all I took to the pool was a towel. That was awesome.

What a great idea to add info about food allergies, phone numbers, etc. as long as the parents are the ones who decide whats goes on the bands.

I'm in! I love me a good trip report :)

What a great idea to add info about food allergies, phone numbers, etc. as long as the parents are the ones who decide whats goes on the bands.

You know, if these are RFID chips you'd think they (Disney) could program that info on them, and a CM would be able to pull it off with a scanner if needed.

I'm in! I love me a good trip report :)

You know, if these are RFID chips you'd think they (Disney) could program that info on them, and a CM would be able to pull it off with a scanner if needed.

I'm pretty sure that it is in there plan to use it for safety information for kids as well.  I read that somewhere anyway.  You have to put in any and all information that is attached to it now so I'm sure it would be the same for that sort of information.  You didn't even have to use them if you didn't want to. 

We drove up to Pop Century.  Yay! 

P9212465_zpseae43edf.jpg

We parked and got all checked in.  All of this worked fine and was easy.  We had requested 70’s building and that is what we got.  I will also add that some friends of ours got there about 3 days after us.  They paid for the preferred location at Pop and were also in the 70’s building right across from us.  (Don’t pay for preferred unless it is a really busy time and/or you absolutely would die if you were too far from the buses)

For our last trip we stayed at French Quarter and LOVED it.  I have a slight obsession with New Orleans.  I was a little worried that we would be disappointed with Pop after that.  But we really liked it.  It was clean.  Our room was close to everything, and we had a beautiful view right on the water across to Art of Animation.  We would happily stay there again.  I have no complaints. 

We had this waiting on us.

P9212471_zps12fe71f0.jpg

And the boys had  a phone call from Goofy to listen to. 

P9212473_zps64e625db.jpg

P9212472_zpsb787dc00.jpg

P9212470_zpsb3cabd5b.jpg

We ate lunch at Pop.  It was pretty good.  I had the vegetable sandwich, it was very good.  I think Fowl and Fish had the pizza bread and I can't remember what Daddy had. 

We unsuccessfully tried to get the boys to nap.  We decided to go swimming and then walk over to check out the Art of Animation resort.  The boys really wanted to see the Cars area. 

P9212480_zps12836221.jpg

P9212482_zpsb256a441.jpg

P9212484_zps98d5d25f.jpg

Daddy had to join in the fun.

P9212485_zps70fb5ad1.jpg

P9212487_zps6e94591d.jpg

P9212491_zps16cb1094.jpg

P9212493_zpsa7b1b3f2.jpg

P9212494_zps8b5db12f.jpg

P9212495_zpscd63931d.jpg

P9212497_zps7b9557e6.jpg

P9212498_zps83b785c0.jpg

P9212500_zps0bc97e4f.jpg

P9212502_zps196645f3.jpg

The woman in the back with the pink pants on was having a loud argument with her husband and they wouldn't move for love nor money. 

P9212503_zpsacae0a66.jpg

P9212505_zps3e0f1fc4.jpg

P9212506_zpsa7b56155.jpg

At some point around this picture we saw a sign that said no climbing.  Oops!  I am a rule follower I promise.  We really looked for signs saying this when we first got there, but we didn't see any.  Oh well!  

P9212507_zps019cc055.jpg

After our tour of Radiator Springs, we ate supper at Art of Animation.  I had the surf and turf burger, it was pretty good not great.  Daddy had some kind of burger with salami on top again, just okay. 

Then we went to sleep with a big day at Animal Kingdom ahead of us the next day!

I thought I'd give a little magic band information.  I'll tell you the details of everything as we go through the report.  But this is just some basic information. 

We wore them all of the time.  My 6 year old’s did fall off one time.  He never ever took it off for the entire trip even in the shower.  They fit any size wrist just about.  The bottom gray part comes off to make it smaller for little wrists.  It fit my two year old.  We LOVED them.  The level of convenience can not be expressed.  Anyone with little ones know how much trouble it is to dig out the Key to the World cards when you enter the park.  This totally eliminated this.  We never had any problems with them.  We used them to get in the room, for fastpass+, for our dining plan, to purchase things, to get in and out of the room, and for photopass.  You have to put in a pin code of your choice to purchase things or to use the dining plan.  We used a metallic sharpy and wrote Daddys cell number on the inside of all of them.  This was also our safety measure for our kids.  I do hope in the future you can put more safetly information on there for the kids.  My oldest is allergic to peanuts and it would be nice if it could be put on there just in case we were ever separated or he had a reaction.  We did swim in them and all I took to the pool was a towel.  That was awesome. 

As for phone numbers for missing children or bands.....if a child or missing band is found, CMs have a way to access the information on the account (names, address, phone numbers, etc) and can make a call. Its a simple swipe of the band and the info comes up on the ipad they use. Only CMs have this program. This way, your phone number is not out there for anyone to have. Children should be taught a safety meeting location and to look for CMs if they ever get lost. This way they do not approach a stranger and make the situation worse.

Allergy info is a good idea but if there is a life threatening allergy, a medic alert bracelet should be used instead. While CMs might be trained to look for the info on a band, the medics will still look for the medic alert bracelet. And if something happens, a CM will always call a medic. CMs cannot give medical assistance, policy is to call a medic unit.

As for phone numbers for missing children or bands.....if a child or missing band is found, CMs have a way to access the information on the account (names, address, phone numbers, etc) and can make a call. Its a simple swipe of the band and the info comes up on the ipad they use. Only CMs have this program. This way, your phone number is not out there for anyone to have. Children should be taught a safety meeting location and to look for CMs if they ever get lost. This way they do not approach a stranger and make the situation worse.

Allergy info is a good idea but if there is a life threatening allergy, a medic alert bracelet should be used instead. While CMs might be trained to look for the info on a band, the medics will still look for the medic alert bracelet. And if something happens, a CM will always call a medic. CMs cannot give medical assistance, policy is to call a medic unit.

When I was getting ready to leave for our trip I searched the My Disney Experience information and it said that they were not currently using Magic Bands for safety purposes but planned to in the future.  My little one is too young to know where to go or to look for a CM if he gets lost.  That's why we put the phone number on his MB.  And really the allergy information was just so if they did get lost, they weren't given food.  And I thought it could some how be directly linked to your meal plan for sit down meals.  Just a little allergy information, a child in anaphylactic shock doesn't have time to wait for a medic.  It would be too late.  But most people with allergies would never let their child with allergies be away from someone who knew how to use an epipen unless they were old enough to use it on themselves.  Thanks for the info!  Wish we would have seen you while we were there.  We had a few very interesting Photopass Photographers.   

Well, rest assured CMs are prohibited from giving anything to anyone other than water. So if your children are lost and end up with a CM (and 99% sure they will be found by a CM first) they will not be given any food or drink. For that reason.

Well, rest assured CMs are prohibited from giving anything to anyone other than water. So if your children are lost and end up with a CM (and 99% sure they will be found by a CM first) they will not be given any food or drink. For that reason.

That's good to know.  My husband always teases me about this.  He says why would some one come directly up to our lost kid and say hey here's a peanut.  But it's something I think about. :) 

The next morning was our first park day.  Animal Kingdom was first up.  We do not get park hopper tickets.   We don’t ever see the point.  We go back to the room and nap most every day and go back to the same park in the evening.   I do a lot of research to help me decide which park to go to on which day.  I’ve never had any problems doing this. 

I'll be honest I originally wanted to skip Animal Kingdom.  We go to the zoo here all the time like at least once a month.  So I really wasn't feeling it.  But Fowl begged to go.  He wanted to see Nemo and It's Tough Being a Bug.  Now I'm so glad we went. 

Here we go! 

P9212508_zpsfe0764d4.jpg

We have some really good photopass pictures but those will have to come later.  There are also some photopass pictures that we took that are missing.  Oh well. 

First up Nemo...  We had Fastpass+ for these.  I don't think we really needed them but I'm so glad we had and "appointment" so we went straight in got good seats and didn't have to wait. 

P9212510_zps02e7e431.jpg

We loved the show.  I mean really loved it!  We sat really close so that Fish would pay attention.  And he did.  It was awesome.  We would love to know... Do the same people do the show every day all day?  Do they have a whole different cast sometimes?

Next was Dinoland USA.  First was Triceratops Spin.

P9212512_zpsc3567e8b.jpg

P9212513_zps0489f21a.jpg

P9212514_zpsb4db0101.jpg

P9212515_zps69dc2043.jpg

P9212518_zps6d7b54ff.jpg

Then Primeval Whirl.  This was Fowl's first "roller coaster".  I know its not really a roller coaster but to him it was.  We weren't sure if he would like it or not.  He loved it and his love for roller coasters was born.  I'll keep you updated on that situation. 

P9212520_zps9db451a6.jpg

P9212522_zpsdb670491.jpg

Lunch was next.  We ate at Flame Tree.  It was really delicious and the kids loved the ducks.  It was cool and comfortable in their seating area. 

P9212523_zps92b683cf.jpg

P9212524_zps6d0dea29.jpg

Then to Africa where we will have another fastpass+ up next.  We'll see that in the next update. 

P9212526_zpsf0de83cd.jpg

P9212527_zpsfe4d344b.jpg

P9212529_zps47ccd0c7.jpg

If you are missing photopass photos, call the customer service number or use the link on the website. If you know where they were taken and what day and aprox time, they can be found. If it was taken, it is in the system. It usually is a quick easy process to find them.

If you notice they are missing while still at the parks, we can search for them at our view centers and add them to your card.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/lost-media

Great photos! That's neat that you have a rollercoaster fan in the family already.

Good question about the Nemo cast.  I haven't seen the show twice in one day, so I don't know if one cast does all the shows for an entire day.  My guess, based on the timing of the shows, is that they have one cast perform all of the day's performances.  Over time, I've noticed that we've sometimes had a repeat castmember for  Dory and Nemo, and there seems to be one guy who plays Marlin a lot.  But, we've also seen these CM's in other roles around WDW.  There's a young lady who plays Nemo who also shows up in the pre-show video at the Sum of All Thrills attraction in Epcot, and the actor who we have seen play Marlin a lot has a big role in a stage show that they put on during the Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios.

Also, there are definitely different actors who play the main roles at the Festival of the Lion King show.  But the tumble monkeys always seem to be the same guys.

I know from speaking to a Hoop Dee Doo Revue performer once that there is a main cast, and then substitutes who get plugged in when one of the main cast has the night off.  I'm sure that none of the actors work seven days a week, so there must be multiple back-ups for all the roles, even the tumble monkeys.

TCD

And as seemingly random as Festival of the Lion King is, if a performer is missing, the show can still go on and not too many people will notice.

I've seen a FOTLK with one of the male leads missing, and they piped in his voice for the number he sings, (during the fire dancer segment).

I've also seen a Tumble Monkey show that was greatly reduced (no bars or rings, just trampoline tumbling), but this was before they enclosed the theater, and it was pouring outside.

And as seemingly random as Festival of the Lion King is, if a performer is missing, the show can still go on and not too many people will notice.

I've seen a FOTLK with one of the male leads missing, and they piped in his voice for the number he sings, (during the fire dancer segment).

I've also seen a Tumble Monkey show that was greatly reduced (no bars or rings, just trampoline tumbling), but this was before they enclosed the theater, and it was pouring outside.

I guess I've been lucky to have never seen something like that, but it makes sense.  I can't imagine that they want to pay for too many back-up singers, and those performers have to have the unique look for the role.  So, even if someone suddenly gets sick, the show must go on.

TCD

If you are missing photopass photos, call the customer service number or use the link on the website. If you know where they were taken and what day and aprox time, they can be found. If it was taken, it is in the system. It usually is a quick easy process to find them.

If you notice they are missing while still at the parks, we can search for them at our view centers and add them to your card.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/lost-media

Does PP use any kind of facial recognition software to match up photos to people?  I remember on our Dream cruise, the Shutters person told us that even if we didn't have our card to scan at a photo op, the pics would be matched up with us.  I understand Shutters is not Photopass, and that on a cruise ship you have far fewer faces in the system than at WDW....and it's also possible she was full of it.  Just wondering if PP does this. 

Sorry for the hijack FandFmommy....but your PP comment on missing pics made me wonder this.