Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

Hang on a minute!

That is not Devine.  It's Bamboo.

Bamboo showed up for a brief time a few months ago.  I think he's supposed to be a male version of Devine, but with Bamboo instead of vines.

For some odd reason I'll never understand, this apparently was not a big hit with guests, and I thought Bamboo had gotten the axe.

But that's him.

You're lucky to have seen him- he's rare.

TCD

Also he is a tad bit scary.  You could see Devine's face and she always had a peaceful smile.  You can't really see this dudes face and he moves around more. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how long that room has been like that, but it was just like that in April of 2010.  They have kept it up though.  It has a few rough spots but it had been redone since our visit then.  I'

I am really enjoying your first TR!

BTW,  I don't understand why you're calling your DH "Daddy".

It's okay to admit you married Zac Brown.

Tell him Zac Brown Band are my favorite band right now and I really liked "Chicken Fried."

:)

I just couldn't come up with another nickname and when I am talking to the kids that is what I call him, or Your Daddy.  :;)  Hahaha!  I have never heard the Zac Brown comparison.  Usually its Jesus.  :)   

Here we go again!  Hopefully I can get two installments done today.  Sorry for the delay!  I hope you are all still reading! 

Downtown Disney was pretty crowded.  I wanted to eat at one of the awesome counter service restaurants and Daddy wanted to just pay extra and do a sit down. Then he made the mistake of saying how about Trex.  Well we went over and the wait was like an hour and a half.  The kids were already pumped and all of our bribery to do something else Fowl was not biting!  So we had to wait.  We took turns staying with FIsh and letting him watch the fire at Rainforest and taking Fowl all around.  We saw the weird red people.  That was funny and really good.  We eventually took Fowl to the Lego store.  It was PACKED.  I thought I might have a little spell.  We went around really quickly and saw some stuff and left.  We did that twice while waiting.  He was happy with it.  He's not a big fan of crazy folks either. 

P9222591_zps1b161f3d.jpg

Finally our buzzer went off.  Let me just say.  They are VERY disorganized.  I don't understand why.  They have to be used to a lot of people.  It didn't help that most of the employees in the front were 12.  Anyway after our buzzer went off then we had to wait in line!!  What!  Then off we went.  After we got to our seats it was a great experience.  The boys LOVED it.  They were amazed and Fish was growling at everything.  (He's a man of few words)  The chef came and spoke to us about the boys allergies.  Fowl - nuts.  Fish - eggs.  And we were good to go.  I think both boys had chicken fingers and Daddy and I had some kind of pasta.  I had the torrtelini.  It was very good.  Here's the thing though.  It was $100 with tip.  No alcohol, no apps, no dessert.  Heck I didn't even have meat.  That is just too much for me.  Probably our only money/planning fail of the trip.  Oh well.  At least it was good. 

P9222592_zpsc625d1c1.jpg

P9222593_zps7e12a1ea.jpg

P9222594_zps0dae7316.jpg

P9222595_zpse5e5377e.jpg

P9222598_zpsb84ec396.jpg

P9222599_zpsab0e5a93.jpg

I'm not sure you have noticed but this is what Fish does when we say smile.  :) 

P9222600_zps1172df48.jpg

Next up EPCOT!!

Cute photos from T-Rex.

I am surprised your bill was so high with two kids' meals.

We've only eaten there once, and I thought their prices were much lower than typical Disney sit-down restaurant prices.  I guess maybe they've gotten caught up with the price gouging?

It looks like you managed to escape there without buying the stuffed dinosaurs.  Good job.

TCD

I'm just getting caught up on about a week of trip report reading, and have to say how RELIEVED I am that you got pics of Bamboo and NOT Devine.  

Devine, as many know, creeps the heck out of me.  When I first came upon your update and saw you mention Devine I freaked.  But then I saw the pic and just laughed.  That Bamboo is not creepy in the least.  He just looks stupid, IMO.  

Love the river ride pics.  That's a great ride.  

I've never eaten at T Rex.  Now I'm not sure I will.  

$100 ouch! 

When my kids were younger we took them to different Disney dining venues.  We did Hoop De Do,  character breakfast at the Grand Floridian, and another character breakfast at Downtown Disney on the paddle wheel boat to name a few

We always had a great time, and I'm sure that those 70's and 80's prices (Hoop De Do about $22) were in line with todays considering cost of living adjustments. 

You just get caught up in "THE MAGIC" and dive in head first and not think about the cost. 

At least the Hoop De Do and most character breakfasts are buffet/all you can eat and the food is good.

We took the grand kids to a character breakfast a couple of years ago at the Beach Club.  My wife had found some sort of discount so we came out of there with my wallet mostly intact.

We find that the grand kids are happy just being on property and getting to do different things. They don't mind eating food we packed and then getting an occasional treat form somewhere. (Maybe it's because their parents take them out to eat so often) :rofl3:

I'm not in any way condeming you for your choice of eating there, I just feel your pain...

it's a shame, Disney makes a ton of $$$ everywhere you look.  It would be nice if they gave visitors a break on food costs.

Great report so far and our first two trips this fall (August, September) had rain.  This last one in October was dry.  it made a big difference, especially since we were tenting.

Out of curiosity, I looked for a T-Rex menu on-line, and found one here: http://www.trexcafe.com/pdf/MenuOrlando.pdf

Those prices are a lot higher than I remember.

When looking for that menu, I found the menu for the Kansas City T-Rex: http://www.trexcafe.com/pdf/MenuKc.pdf

If you compare the two- you will see that the Orlando prices are substantially jacked up.

Thank you Disney Dining Plan.

TCD

Out of curiosity, I looked for a T-Rex menu on-line, and found one here: http://www.trexcafe.com/pdf/MenuOrlando.pdf

Those prices are a lot higher than I remember.

When looking for that menu, I found the menu for the Kansas City T-Rex: http://www.trexcafe.com/pdf/MenuKc.pdf

If you compare the two- you will see that the Orlando prices are substantially jacked up.

Thank you Disney Dining Plan.

TCD

But TCD, it's the Disney MAGIC you are paying for!  How much Magic does KC have to offer?  Stockyards?

It's the same with concerts here in FL.  I guess we're captive audiences.  Groups that sell out for a week up north and have reasonable ticket prices come down here for 1 day and we pay 3 times as much for a ticket.

And it is Disney trying to make a killing because they know then can.  They raise ticket prices every year and people still buy them.  Supply and demand.

But then again it's the same with Busch, Six Flags, even movies and state fairs.

Sorry I'm just getting back on.  Ahh so much going on!  Anyway.  Just FYI I will give the details soon.  But we also went to the Polynesian character breakfast and paid out of pocket.  It was $62 with tip.  Some things are worth the money and some aren't.  Trex wasn't worth that in my opinion, it was just too much $$$.  But like I said, it wasn't a big loss.  The food was good and the kids loved it. 

Sorry for the HUGE delay. 

EPCOT!  EPCOT is the grown ups favorite park.  That is why we go two days, because we are paying!  The kids really like it to.  But I mean I could live in the World Showcase.  Like pitch a tent and live.  I just love it!  The sights the smells.  AHHHH! 

We didn't get there at rope drop.  I'd say it was about 9:30.  We made Fastpass+ reservations to see Mickey first.  I wanted them to get pictures done before they had time to get filthy.  From my experience lots of moms have the same plan and the line can be really long. 

Here we are with the main man.

Fish was very excited.

P9222604_zps81bb6354.jpg

So was Fowl.

P9222605_zpsa1e7bcfa.jpg

P9222606_zpsdc70abc3.jpg

Can you tell how big Fish's grin is??

P9222607_zpseac9186f.jpg

Our awesome family picture is on our photo pass cd.  They are transitioning the sights so I'm having some trouble with my order right now.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon. It isn't recognizing that I pre ordered.  :(  I promise I'll post them when I get them. 

Now Minnie!!

P9222608_zpse1a7dcef.jpg

P9222609_zpsa6af4873.jpg

Now on to the seas...

Mine Mine Mine

P9222611_zpsc3e70f89.jpg

Fish thought it was so funny!

P9222612_zpsc72f4b55.jpg

P9222613_zps086325e9.jpg

Our family loves some manatees and Fowler was so excited to see them.  I don't remember them from last time.  Are they new? 

P9222615_zps58cb0083.jpg

We have seen some in the wild on the Crystal River before!  That was a very neat experience. 

I wanted to show a picture of what we do for drinks in the parks.  But you could see our phone number on the stroller and I don't know how to use TCD's fancy purple crayon.  So I'll just tell you. We use reusable water bottles and take the little drink packs.  Now I don't let my kids drink stuff like that ever, but I do on vacation in Disney World because well the water from the water fountains tastes like butt.  At least I think it does.  :)  I realize you can get water with ice for free from the restaurants or at least I think you can but we don't like to wait in line at all.  So it works for us. 

Oh and yes I made the tie dye shirts for all of us.  Fish's didn't turn out very well, but I let him wear it anyway. 

Fowl loved test track I hope I can remember how many times he rode it.  I know he rode it twice then once with Daddy and once with me.

P9222619_zpsf690d97b.jpg

On to the Land.  We ate in Sunshine seasons for lunch.  It is almost impossible to take pictures of our food with our two monkeys.  Daddy had something Asian and I had the  Seared Tuna Noodle salad.  It was the bomb.com.  It was a little spicy.  I got this picture from here...http://pixievacationsbybob.blogspot.com/

Togarashi+Seared+Tuna+Noodle+Salad.jpg

We all (well maybe not daddy) love Living with the Land.  I remember riding it with my parents when I was 8.  :) 

We have a garden and even chickens so we find it all really interesting.  And also Fowl has a strange fascination with fish farming. 

P9222623_zpsb6f916e9.jpg

P9222625_zpsee34a3a2.jpg

P9222628_zps096ba1ca.jpg

Some time after everyone (except Fish) rode Soarin (which we all loved - it was Fowl and my first time) we went back to the hotel to nap.  Then back we came that night. 

Great tip if you like T-Rex..... register with mypoints.com. You can earn gift cards for Rainforest Café and T-Rex by starting at their portal before you shop. Last year when we went, I had 2 $50 gift cards when we went for lunch. I think I remember that our bill came to about $100, but I know I had a huge margarita. Anyway, it was basically free because of the shopping I would have done anyway.

On to the Land.  We ate in Sunshine seasons for lunch.  It is almost impossible to take pictures of our food with our two monkeys.  Daddy had something Asian and I had the  Seared Tuna Noodle salad.  It was the bomb.com.  It was a little spicy.  I got this picture from here...http://pixievacationsbybob.blogspot.com/

Togarashi+Seared+Tuna+Noodle+Salad.jpg

We all (well maybe not daddy) love Living with the Land.  I remember riding it with my parents when I was 8.  :) 

We have a garden and even chickens so we find it all really interesting.  And also Fowl has a strange fascination with fish farming. 

P9222623_zpsb6f916e9.jpg

P9222625_zpsee34a3a2.jpg

P9222628_zps096ba1ca.jpg

Some time after everyone (except Fish) rode Soarin (which we all loved - it was Fowl and my first time) we went back to the hotel to nap.  It was pouring rain when we left.  Then back we came that night. 

We knew the kids would like the food at the Liberty Inn and they did, but we wanted something else.  I wanted to try out the bakery in France.  I had to do some convincing with the old man, but he went with my plan.  We got ours to go (they put it in bags and everything - and they were super nice) and walked to Liberty Inn, got the kids food, and ate in there.  There was only 1 other family eating and it was so nice in there.  We had some kind of turkey sandwich with pesto I think.  It was delicious and so was the dessert. 

Fowl waiting for the fireworks.

P9232633_zpsbd80708c.jpg

P9232635_zps17b489b8.jpg

I love this!

P9232638_zpsa1e4fb37.jpg

P9232640_zpse30b15f2.jpg

P9232642_zps85175e0f.jpg

P9232647_zpsd9f4112e.jpg

From where we were standing these cannons went off right under the bushes and it scared the crap out of us.  :)  So Fish and Daddy had to go stand far back.  He normally loves fireworks, but on this trip.  Not so much.  I think they were just too close. 

P9232655_zpsbb5e4cc4.jpg

P9232656_zps271e7a4b.jpg

P9232660_zps24c4b103.jpg

P9232666_zpsc3b11624.jpg

P9232668_zps7cc1f525.jpg

P9232671_zpse4b404a5.jpg

P9232675_zps5921a229.jpg

P9232680_zps0af44a6d.jpg

And that's it from that night!  Next up is Tuesday and Ohana or O'hana.  :)

I was a mypoints member for years....... Then all of a sudden they cancelled me for breach of terms of service. They never would tell me what I did.  The early years of the points programs were great. Actually bought an AP one year with the points I accumulated.

It is now day 4.  The 3rd park day.  The plan was to go to O'hana for breakfast and then do some boat riding.  Then take a nap and off to the Halloween party that night.  We didn't want to use a park ticket this day because we wanted to spend as much time as we wanted to at our first character meal.  There aren't many character meals for boys.  We would love to see a Toy Story or Pirate character meal. So for us our choices were Chef Mickey's or O'hana.  I'm obsessed with the Polynesian and we aren't buffet fans so there you go. (O'hana is served family style) Yes we were on the quick service plan so we would have to pay out of pocket.  But since Fish is under 3 he would be free (I think they might have regretted that policy - that boy can eat!)

We decided to drive because it would save some time and we didn't need the stroller for our meal but would need it later.  Here we are...

P9232684_zps088898f0.jpg

We didn't have to wait long and our buzzer went off.  We didn't stand in line to take the picture.  I didn't want to pay for it and Fish is not a stand in line kind of kid.  Why make everyone miserable??  When we got to our table the dance party was going on.  Fowl was a little unsure of the situation but he wanted to join so off he went.

P9232685_zps1ed058b1.jpg

P9232688_zpsab8fc4b8.jpg

P9232689_zpsd6b637b4.jpg

Then our waitress (cousin) came over and we explained the kids food allergies.  Fowl is allergic most severely to peanuts and also tree nuts.  Fish is allergic to eggs.  The chef came out and explained that there would be no problem for Fowl except the baked bread because it is cooked in an oven with nut products.  And they would be bringing Fish his own separate platter of food.  So we got one platter with eggs, bacon, sausage (maybe the best I've ever had), and potatoes.  And Fish got a smaller one with bacon, sausage, and potatoes just for him.  He really almost ate it all.  You also get fruit, bread, biscuits, and mickey waffles.  It was really really good! 

P9232691_zps544db8f7.jpg

P9232694_zps7fefaeea.jpg

And that juice is awesome!

P9232695_zps3e27b9cd.jpg

P9232696_zps3c8ce853.jpg

Stitch first!

P9232697_zpsf2538e23.jpg

P9232698_zpsf7070a4c.jpg

Then Lilo

P9232699_zpsb9ea0022.jpg

P9232700_zps9ab351a6.jpg

Then Mickey

P9232701_zps596c67dc.jpg

P9232702_zps3acf81e6.jpg

P9232703_zps17608b27.jpg

P9232704_zps440267f8.jpg

P9232705_zps46d08dfe.jpg

And finally Pluto.

P9232706_zpsbae12ade.jpg

P9232708_zpse2c77889.jpg

P9232707_zpsf606bf5c.jpg

We stayed for a while enjoying our meal and stuffing our selves to the limits.  We all did the dance party and parade again.  Then we were done.  Our meal was $62 with tip.  Maybe $72 but I'm pretty sure $62.  It was very much worth it!  We all enjoyed it very much and would do it again today!  I was very concerned about it being crazy in there.  It wasn't at all.  All was calm and very relaxing. 

Next up a tour around the Polynesian.  And some hat trying on.

P9232710_zpsd4bd6e91.jpg

P9232712_zps22b90dcb.jpg

P9232715_zps1f76dbbe.jpg

P9232713_zps5b66af9a.jpg

Next was onto the monorail.  The boys love riding it! 

P9232713_zps5b66af9a.jpg

P9232720_zpsec233f10.jpg

We rode around the hotel loop twice and then stopped at the Grand Floridian. We had never been there and wanted to check it out. 

P9232721_zps8aeb32de.jpg

Then we decided to take a boat ride over to the MK and then hop on a boat to the fort or wilderness lodge.  Fowl wanted to see the water bridge so bad.  He was pumped.  I was loosing Daddy fast and knew we need to hurry this up and get back to the hotel to nap. 

P9232722_zpsc5da8721.jpg

P9232723_zps53d9dac1.jpg

Photo limit!

Great tip if you like T-Rex..... register with mypoints.com. You can earn gift cards for Rainforest Café and T-Rex by starting at their portal before you shop. Last year when we went, I had 2 $50 gift cards when we went for lunch. I think I remember that our bill came to about $100, but I know I had a huge margarita. Anyway, it was basically free because of the shopping I would have done anyway.

What is this my points thing you speak of? I went to the website and it does not give much info, on the mobile site at least.

PM me if you don't want to hijack this TR

Thanks

Oops, that is what I get for posting with my phone!

Anyway, the manatees have been there for quite a while. The animals themselves may change as they only include manatees that have been hurt and are in The Seas because they could not survive in the wild because of their injuries. Occasionally they can rehab one and place it back in the natural habitat. We love them, too. We bought a stuffed manatee toy there in 2004 when we were expecting our first baby. We had been calling the baby "manatee" because pics of early stage fetuses can look like manatees!

• 2 weeks later...

Here we goooooo...  Oh and if you are a lurker.  Please post.  I would love more comments.  :)

We were making our way onto the ferry, boat, whatever...  We sat in the front.

P9232727_zpsdf600ded.jpg

P9232729_zps49f0e471.jpg

I am forever amazed by the amount of grandparents that take their grandkids to Disney World without their parents.  I'm not sure how they do it.

P9232734_zps0938dbe0.jpg

Pulling up to the MK

P9232735_zps18ab1b65.jpg

P9232735_zps18ab1b65.jpg

We got on the boat to the Wilderness Lodge because it was first to get there.  I really regretted this because I didn't realize it didn't go pass Discovery Island or the Shoe tree.  Oh well.  We got to see what Fowl and I wanted to see the most.  The water bridge.  So cool!  I know hundreds of people don't ever even notice it. 

P9232738_zps068e32f1.jpg

P9232739_zpsf4895738.jpg

P9232740_zps0346139b.jpg

P9232741_zpsa0e41092.jpg

We had two lady captains on our boat.  They were super nice.  One was training.  The other you can see in this picture.  Her name was something cute.  Bunnie, Bonnie, I can't remember.  I bet someone on here knows. 

P9232744_zpsa56e3a4e.jpg

After that we went back to the hotel for naps and to get ready for the Halloween Party.  There will be lots of info on that and our amazing costumes in the next update.  :)