Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

Wow, from the closeups you got, it really looked like they were on Andy's bed!!!  I have never been in there..... Just Wow!

I noticed that too. I think that, the characters interaction with the boys and the boys' looks of pure joy is why I love those pictures so much.  

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how long that room has been like that, but it was just like that in April of 2010.  They have kept it up though.  It has a few rough spots but it had been redone since our visit then.  I'

Wow, from the closeups you got, it really looked like they were on Andy's bed!!!  I have never been in there..... Just Wow!

Same here.  I've only looked in the window there.  I never noticed that bed backdrop.  That thing is awesome.  I never knew that you could meet Buzz and Woody at the same time either.

The boys look like they're having an absolute blast!  Those photos are great.

TCD

I love the Buzz and Woody pictures with the boys!

Thanks they turn out good in there because of that big window.  

Love the pics. Its cool they are Woody and Buzz fans.

Oh they love those guys!

It is a really cool room.  You should try it!

I noticed that too. I think that, the characters interaction with the boys and the boys' looks of pure joy is why I love those pictures so much.  

:)  Pure joy is right!

I too love the pix of the boys with Buzz and woody.

Thanks!!

Same here.  I've only looked in the window there.  I never noticed that bed backdrop.  That thing is awesome.  I never knew that you could meet Buzz and Woody at the same time either.

The boys look like they're having an absolute blast!  Those photos are great.

TCD

I'm not sure how long that room has been like that, but it was just like that in April of 2010.  They have kept it up though.  It has a few rough spots but it had been redone since our visit then.  I'll try to post some from then too.  I think it is the only place they are together.  

We would love if they would do a Toy Story character meal.  They would have families with boys lined up out the door to eat there.  (And I know some little girls that love Toy Story also).  Meals for boys are lacking big time.  Think about it - princesses out the wazoo, Alice in Wonderland (my boys aren't fans), Tigger and Pooh (maybe when they were 1 or 2).  Really Chef Mickey's and Ohana are the only ones for boys! (and they aren't really geared for boys in particular)  They would love Buzz, Woody, Jesse, and all the gang together!  

After meeting Buzz and Woody we were off to meet some other characters.  

P9263056_zps17247d86.jpg

P9263057_zps99c5d6c1.jpg

P9263058_zps9ff39116.jpg

I wish you all could have seen the way Fish looked at Ralph's hands.  He would look at them and then look at me - like, "Mom do you see this dude's hands??"  It was so funny.

P9263061_zps92491228.jpg

P9263062_zpsd64f89de.jpg

If you haven't seen Wreck it Ralph you should.  It is a really cute movie.  The boys really like it.  

Now on to some more characters!

Frozone was hilarious.  I have no idea how a character that can't talk can be hilarious but he was.  

P9263063_zps17541d26.jpg

We met Mr. Incredible too, but I guess those are on the photopass cd.

Next LUNCH!!

I really really really wanted to try Starring Roles and didn't care much about eating at Pizza Planet (we knew the boys would love it).  So we went to Starring Roles - FYI not the most well laid out place.  We got the turkey sandwiches and I got the red velvet cupcake as my dessert.  They packed it all up for us and put it in a bag. Then we booked it over to Pizza Planet.  I know there is some argument about weather or not this is fair or whatever but here is the deal.  When you get the quickservice plan, it does not say whose is adult and whose isn't.  It just shows number of meals left.  Daddy went to order and said the kids pizzas were tiny.  The boys were STARVING!  So he ordered 2 adult pizza meals.  This worked out great because we had a sandwich and salad (theirs from their meal) and they had their pizza.  It wasn't terribly crowded and everyone had fun at lunch.  This is what lunch looked like (I'm borrowing these).  This is just for Dave...

starturk.jpg

from http://www.easywdw.com/dining/starring-rolls-cafe/

And the cupcake...

red-velvet-cupcake-back-500x586.jpg

from http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/10/31/the-red-velvet-cheesecake-cupcake/

And pictures from Pizza Planet...

P9273065_zps49ea97a8.jpg

P9273066_zps4218770d.jpg

Fish loves basketball.

P9273067_zps82a38f8b.jpg

Next up Muppet Vision 3D!

I really really really wanted to try Starring Roles and didn't care much about eating at Pizza Planet (we knew the boys would love it).  So we went to Starring Roles - FYI not the most well laid out place.  We got the turkey sandwiches and I got the red velvet cupcake as my dessert.  They packed it all up for us and put it in a bag. Then we booked it over to Pizza Planet.  I know there is some argument about weather or not this is fair or whatever but here is the deal.  When you get the quickservice plan, it does not say whose is adult and whose isn't.  It just shows number of meals left.  Daddy went to order and said the kids pizzas were tiny.  The boys were STARVING!  So he ordered 2 adult pizza meals.  This worked out great because we had a sandwich and salad (theirs from their meal) and they had their pizza.  It wasn't terribly crowded and everyone had fun at lunch.

Hmmm.  I never thought about getting something bagged up and bringing it to another restaurant.  I'll have to remember that one.

So, you can order your kids an adult meal with a dining plan credit?  I never knew that.  Not too smart on Disney's part.

TCD

Great pictures!

Thanks!!  And thanks so much for commenting!!

I'm caught up!

Love the Toy Story character interaction, and I agree that a meal with them would be a huge hit. They could throw an army guy in there too in order to have 4 characters.

I love Disney World so much.  But it does irk me that they don't have as much for the boys character meal wise.  Also I think it would be AMAZING if they had a whole pirate themed restaurant with all of the Disney Pirates there visiting.  I know they would be super popular.  

Jumping in here but I have a lot of back reading to do!!   :bugeyes:   

Loved the last (my first) update!!!  My oldest loved Wreck It Ralph and would love that photo op!

Yay!  Hope you can read from the start!  

Hmmm.  I never thought about getting something bagged up and bringing it to another restaurant.  I'll have to remember that one.

So, you can order your kids an adult meal with a dining plan credit?  I never knew that.  Not too smart on Disney's part.

TCD

I'm sure it is not that nice to bring food from another restaurant.  But its all Disney World food.  And we wouldn't do it at a sit down restaurant.  We did this twice.  France's bakery and took it to the American Pavlovian restaurant (whatever it is called) and then at HS.  Worked great for us both times. 

And I guess you can.  We did.  Just then though.  I'm a rule follower.  But when they give a kid a pizza the size of a biscuit what you gonna do??  It is only for the quick service.  Our receipts only had one number on it for all of our meals total.  I've never done the regular dining plan, but I've read it has them separated out for the table service meals.  Also I'm sure it is a pain in some families that the kids don't get a dessert with their plan.  But because of allergies ours can't eat many desserts available at the restaurants anyway.  So it is not a problem.  And when they could it eat it we shared if they wanted some.  They prefer a orange dream popsicle anyway.  

I love Disney World so much.  But it does irk me that they don't have as much for the boys character meal wise.  Also I think it would be AMAZING if they had a whole pirate themed restaurant with all of the Disney Pirates there visiting.  I know they would be super popular.  

I meant to comment on this.

Disney obviously is making a mint off of the princesses.  The argument that I've heard for not having a boy oriented meal is that they don't think it will make money.  How do they know?

I have a 5 year old nephew.  He lives in Ocala.  They rarely go to Disney World, because there isn't anything there that he's particularly interested in.  I think Disney is missing the boat by making everything so girl oriented.

Plus, who says girls only like princesses?  Just as many girls may want to go to a Pixar character meal as would boys.

TCD

I meant to comment on this.

Disney obviously is making a mint off of the princesses.  The argument that I've heard for not having a boy oriented meal is that they don't think it will make money.  How do they know?

I have a 5 year old nephew.  He lives in Ocala.  They rarely go to Disney World, because there isn't anything there that he's particularly interested in.  I think Disney is missing the boat by making everything so girl oriented.

Plus, who says girls only like princesses?  Just as many girls may want to go to a Pixar character meal as would boys.

TCD

I know.  My niece would have been at a Toy Story meal in a heart beat.  And I bet lots of pirate loving adults would like a pirate restaurant.  (Especially those strange grown women I mentioned earlier in the tr).  I think they are missing the boat here.  A lot of girls love Pixar characters.  Not a whole heck of a lot of boys love princesses.  And they have to think they would make more money than some of the other character meals.  At least they have updated the Hollywood and Vine meal.  I don't think Jake was there in September.  

This thread really has me thinking.

Not just meals ... what about attractions?

DHS does a good job.  They have Ariel and Belle for the girls.  For boys they have Star Wars, LMA (if it hasn't closed yet), Indiana Jones.

AK IMHO is for everyone.  So is EPCOT, with the exception of the breakfast in Norway.

MK is definitely geared toward girls.  BBB, Princess Hall, Belle, Ariel, the carousel.  Einstein, Miracle, and Red really enjoyed MK this trip.  Even the carousel was exciting.  But I can imagine in 5 years they won't enjoy MK as much.  

When our kids were growing up the only park was MK.  Our boys loved it.  But that was before BBB, Princess Hall, Belle, and Ariel.  Our biggest thrill then was seeing MSEP.

And on to Muppet Vision 3D!

I hadn't really given this attraction much thought.  But we all loved it!  I can't wait to do it again!  

P9273068_zps2893117e.jpg

P9273069_zps21f6b4a7.jpg

Next up Phineas and Ferb!  We love this show and they were supper excited to meet them.  They were on Fowl's must meet list!

P9273072_zps997733f3.jpg

P9273071_zps109de456.jpg

They were all dancing!  Fish showing off his moves...

P9273073_zpsa938264b.jpg

Phineas laughing at Fish.

P9273074_zps04c5d761.jpg\\

Random army guy far away from Pixar Place...

P9273076_zps7a9df0f1.jpg\

P9273075_zpsb9c89c62.jpg

P9273078_zps0dfb5b91.jpg

And a favorite in our house - Lights, Motor, Action.  I know it takes up a lot of space and I'm sure if you go to DW often it is not a must do.  But for our boys it is.  Now would they trade it for Cars Land?  In a New York MINUTE!!

P9273079_zps448830cd.jpg

P9273082_zpsc7658e04.jpg

P9273083_zps5296279f.jpg

We will pick up with another coaster next! 

Also I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.  --  See those army guy's feet and the board under them.  Cute.   Here is my question.  I came to DW with my marching band when I was in high school.  1997.  I really really think I remember that the army guys' board under their shoes were connected.  You know like one board like on the movie.  Did I dream that?  Anyone???

Also I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.  --  See those army guy's feet and the board under them.  Cute.   Here is my question.  I came to DW with my marching band when I was in high school.  1997.  I really really think I remember that the army guys' board under their shoes were connected.  You know like one board like on the movie.  Did I dream that?  Anyone???

How did they walk if their feet were connected to a board?

I don't remember that at all.  I remember them marching and yelling really loud.  Same as they do now.

TCD

It's amazing how empty the seating area is at LMA.  

The Phineas and Ferb pics are cute.  

It was  a lot more empty than in 2010.  But it was a super low day at HS.  

Love the Phineas and ferb Pics.

Our kids love meeting "The Glitch" and Ralph. That is always fun.

That cupcake made my mouth water. How was it?

The cupcake was the best dessert I had at the world.  It was soooo good.  And I am super picky about my baked goods.  :) 

:heart:   :bighug:  We are kindred now.

Looking at your HS photos...; I realized that our families could completely do this park together! Our boys apparently enjoy all the same things. :)

We go to Birmingham Barons games all the time and they are really fun, but I was totally surprised with how fun the Braves game was.  It was awesome.  The boys loved it.  

How did they walk if their feet were connected to a board?

I don't remember that at all.  I remember them marching and yelling really loud.  Same as they do now.

TCD

I probably dreamed it or made it up in my little 16 year old mind.    But in my memories they were sort of swaying when they walked just like the cartoon version in the movie.  I swear I remember that though.  I'm sure I'm wrong.  :)  

I probably dreamed it or made it up in my little 16 year old mind.    But in my memories they were sort of swaying when they walked just like the cartoon version in the movie.  I swear I remember that though.  I'm sure I'm wrong.   :)

Who knows?  Your 16 year old mind was much younger than mine in 1996.

It's possible the army men's feet were connected.  That would have stunk for the CM's, but it would have been more authentic.

TCD

We go to Birmingham Barons games all the time and they are really fun, but I was totally surprised with how fun the Braves game was.  It was awesome.  The boys loved it.  

It is awesomeness.   I wish we'd never discovered that our oldest loves to grab a spot in the outfield seats for batting practice.  No relaxing before the game at all now!  Beware flying balls!  Don't want to get beaned in the head!!