Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

More MK on our very last day.  It was a Saturday.  We had been on our trip since the Friday a week before.  We had been in the parks Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and now Saturday.  We weren't overly exhausted either.  

The MK was CROWDED.  I'm not a fan of crowds and do lots of planing and research to prevent crowds.  A lot of people probably wouldn't even think it was that crowded but for me it was!  We still had some fun though! 

P9283142_zps1780594d.jpg

I really enjoyed these decorations.  

P9283143_zpse81e26a6.jpg

P9283144_zps06205e80.jpg

There was a castle show going on.  Is that what it's called???

P9283145_zps4e0c26c4.jpg

P9283147_zps48b4af0b.jpg

I really like this picture.  Devores is that your head??

P9283149_zps66731718.jpg

P9283150_zpsa0daa1cd.jpg

I REALLY like this one.  

P9283151_zps1a2ee079.jpg

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how long that room has been like that, but it was just like that in April of 2010.  They have kept it up though.  It has a few rough spots but it had been redone since our visit then.  I'

Yay for old tickets!

Capt Cook's YUM!!! 

Pink castle=yuck 

Love that your son likes roller coasters. Z can't wait to go upside down, so we're heading to Six Flags this summer. He's tall enough for the Mind Bender. 

We are going to Six Flags this summer too.  We are going to stay at Stone Mountain in the tent and then so to Six Flags one day.  I wish I could read a Trip Report for Six Flags.  I have been 5 million times but not since I had kids.  Do you know if there is anything Fish can do?  A splash pad would be great.  

It's been awhile since I've been to Six Flags, but if I remember correctly, there is now a waterpark nearby that you can get a combo ticket. I'm guessing they have a splash zone.  There is also the Looney Tunes kid section.

The thing about Six Flags is the rides are really extreme, or really little kid oriented, not much middle ground. The Hanson cars, and Monster Mansion are about the only exceptions.

We are going to Six Flags this summer too. We are going to stay at Stone Mountain in the tent and then so to Six Flags one day. I wish I could read a Trip Report for Six Flags. I have been 5 million times but not since I had kids. Do you know if there is anything Fish can do? A splash pad would be great.

How tall is he?

And you know I'll write about it after... Ha ha ha

It's a decent ways away. It's all the way on the West Side of Atlanta off of I-20, so you either have to take the loop all the way around to I-20, Or take the loop for a small distance south and I-20 all the way through Atlanta.

25 miles straight through Atlanta, 40 miles around the Loop according to MapQuest

Thanks Carol, so figure about a hours drive. We love Cedar Point and are coaster fans plus like seeing other amusement parks both big and small, really like the older ones with history behind them. Maybe look to plan a day just to add one more park to our list. Thanks again

How tall is he?

And you know I'll write about it after... Ha ha ha

I think he is about 37 inches.  He was just under Splash Mountain and that was in September.  Isn't it 38?  

Just read your trip report. Looks like you guys had a great time!

We did have so much fun!  I'm ready to go back!

Glad to see new updates to this report!

Yay!  Me too!  Almost finished!

All caught up! Love seeing all of the character meets. That's something I never get to see, except in your trip report! :) And, I absolutely love when the Magic Kingdom is decorated for fall - my favorite season! That's awesome about getting the candy at the Halloween party on your way out! Thanks for continuing your trip report - I don't know how you remember what you did. I can't do a trip report unless I do it live.

Just read your report, loved it! Loved the pictures of your kids meeting Buzz and Woody, so cute.

I have pics of the castle cake, I'll try and dig them out. I didn't hate it, but I guess if it was a once in a lifetime trip I may not have liked it so much. The castle is just classic.

All caught up! Love seeing all of the character meets. That's something I never get to see, except in your trip report! :) And, I absolutely love when the Magic Kingdom is decorated for fall - my favorite season! That's awesome about getting the candy at the Halloween party on your way out! Thanks for continuing your trip report - I don't know how you remember what you did. I can't do a trip report unless I do it live.

Thanks.  I'm sure I'm omitting things I meant to include but the pictures help me remember.  I'm one of those people that can't remember what day it is or where my keys are but I remember what I wore on my first date with my husband 17 years ago.  :) 

Just read your report, loved it! Loved the pictures of your kids meeting Buzz and Woody, so cute.

I have pics of the castle cake, I'll try and dig them out. I didn't hate it, but I guess if it was a once in a lifetime trip I may not have liked it so much. The castle is just classic.

Thanks!  We loved those too.  Wait until you see the photopass pictures!  

More MK for our last day!  It was super super crowded this day.  So there wasn't a whole lot we could do.  

We did People Mover.

P9283152_zps6af4721e.jpg

P9283153_zps5004a1ae.jpg

P9283154_zpsaf5afdca.jpg

P9283155_zps340fd913.jpg

We asked the boys their request for their last rides.  Fish requested Dumbo.  It was by far his favorite.  He still talks about it all of the time.  Fowl requested Space Mountain, the only coaster he hadn't ridden.  They went and got paper fastpasses and we went to Dumbo.  

P9283156_zpscfd45282.jpg

P9283157_zps6d89b7ad.jpg

P9283158_zps071b6d3e.jpg

That leads me to discuss this.  Never ever will I ride Dumbo again unless we have a fastpass, or if the park is empty.  The line looked non existent and then we went into what I like to call, the room from hell.  Now I will say that I hate crowds.  I especially hate crowds packed into a room.  And I am a germaphobe.  I fight it as best I can.  But all of those kids in one room inside playing on toys that everyone is touching, EWWWW!  I thought I was going to have a panic attack!  It is dark in there so I had to watch my kids like a hawk.  There was a little girl probably 3 or 4 and she pushed Fish out of line like 17 times.  So I look for her parents, they come and then take pictures of her and see her doing this and do nothing.  I had enough and had to go stand with Fish and tell her no as she constantly tried to push him back and climb in front of him.  It was absolutely zero fun!  Never again!  I would rather wait in line any day of the week that be in that room again!  I realize some people enjoy that sort of thing.  Me not so much!  

So then Fowl and Daddy were off to ride Space.  They had been working on it the whole week we were there and they opened it back up that day.  Fish needed a snack and to rest.  We were going to just wander.  Then I was on a mission to find an iced coffee and I really didn't want to go to starbucks.  I knew they had them way over in Adventureland, but I didn't want to walk that far.  So I went everywhere.  Finally I found one at Auntie Gravity's!  It was really good.  Basically just coffee poured over soft serve but it was yummy!  And hey why can't they sell that everywhere they have coffee and soft serve???

After this we wondered some more.  Fish fell asleep and we made to our meeting place.  Right at the entrance in front of the train station.  We waited, and waited, and waited.  I started to freak.  It had been more than an hour.  I had no idea what to do.  It was so crowded I knew if I went to look for them the odds were we would miss each other and it would cause more problems.  Finally they walked up.  Well the ride had shut down while they were in line.  They decided to try to wait.  But with no luck.  So they rode something else.  And were a little bummed but not too bad.  We left MK and I was pretty sad!  But it was an awesome trip and our only day with no rain was of course our last day!

We went back to the hotel, got our swim suits on and the boys and I went swimming while Daddy packed up.  We met our friends and swam for a long time.  Then we had a late supper and when to bed.  We left at about 5:00am and it was still dark out.  We had an easy drive home.  We saw a snake at another rest area on our way home and lots of little lizards!  Of course the boys loved that!  

So thats it folks!  Our trip is done!  But there will be more!  Photopass pictures coming up!

Photopass pictures.  First I'd like to say, there is a debate over if these are worth the money.  I say yes 1000 times yes.  We never ever ever have pictures of the 4 of us.  In fact I've had to use some of these for adoption stuff because of that.  It helps remind you to actually stop and take good pictures.  And they are all nice and neat and organized.  Now if we went twice a year maybe not.  But for us they are a great deal.  We did not upgrade to the the photopass plus or whatever it's called.  I'm glad we didn't.  I didn't miss it.  If we did a lot of character meals I might though!  

Another little tip.  If you use Shutterfly or another website to do photobooks you can't find Disney clip art, etc.  So I spend some time editing my pictures to add cute little borders so they will look nice in the scrapbook.  No need for clip art!  

I won't be saying a lot just mostly pictures in the last updates!  But a great ending I thing.  Like a long encore!  :)  

wdw20132657715627_6852360509_zpsa079b5bf

wdw20132657715625_6852360507_zps7ffcb2d4

wdw20132657803468_6878136332_zpse5fc2bd7

wdw20132657715628_6852360510_zpsef5fd26a

wdw20132667922817_6849470310_zps81bec364

wdw20132667922818_6849470312_zpsb45141be

wdw20132667922818_6878140467_zps00e20870

Meeting Mickey!

wdw20132667924162_6852360551_zpsd483654c

wdw20132667924134_6852360544_zps318a2c85

wdw20132667924163_6878142261_zpse3180a65

wdw20132667924164_6878143577_zps1ed51a82

wdw20132667924161_6878144457_zpsf6c1ca75

wdw20132667924118_6852360511_zpsc7a88de0

wdw20132667924119_6852360512_zps66599ace

wdw20132667924120_6878144720_zps4dfab85f

wdw20132667924142_6878147339_zps361037f8

[url=http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/fjvick/media/wdw20132667924040_6852360545_zps13fee5d0.jpg.html]wdw20132667924040_6852360545_zps13fee5d0[/url

More to come!

I agree....the FP pictures were worth it.  They are beautiful.  We've never done FP, but we did do the picture package on our DCL cruise a couple years ago and I love those pictures.  It was worth every penny.  We won't do it again on our cruise this summer....but it's the kind of thing I would do now and then to get updated pictures.  Like you....we otherwise never get pics of all 7 of us. 

Thanks for finishing this report....and best of luck with the adoption!  I'll pray for a positive (and speedy) outcome. 

I'm in just in time for the end of your report. Glad you guys had a good time!

Couple of thoughts:

- We homeschool, as well. Best thing ever for us.

- I'd be upset over no picture of paper tickets. In fact, my parents still have paper tickets with extra days. They will jever be used, so the fact that y'all traded them in means y'all are a step ahead of us.

- Your boys are adorable! I especially loved the Toys Story pictures.

- We were there for the cake castle. I thought it was cute at the time. Now, not so much. I've heard that it was really falling apart at one time, but not when we were there. Mom really likes it. DH's glad he missed it. I've heard that it really messed with the wedding plans of those getting married at WDW.

- Good luck with the adoption!

Those are great pictures!!!

Thanks!! 

I love the encore!

Those photopass photos are great.  It is nice that you have so many of the whole family together.

TCD

I know there is a lot more!  :) 

Photopass pictures are great. Well worth the money. Thanks for aharing

I agree!

I agree....the FP pictures were worth it.  They are beautiful.  We've never done FP, but we did do the picture package on our DCL cruise a couple years ago and I love those pictures.  It was worth every penny.  We won't do it again on our cruise this summer....but it's the kind of thing I would do now and then to get updated pictures.  Like you....we otherwise never get pics of all 7 of us. 

Thanks for finishing this report....and best of luck with the adoption!  I'll pray for a positive (and speedy) outcome. 

I can not wait to do another cruise.  I'm thinking Royal Caribbean this time though.  Daddy says there is no way he is paying double the price just to have characters on the ship. :)  There is no convincing him otherwise.  I'd rather go for longer myself so I don't have much of an argument.  Things are moving right along and we are praying for travel in December.  

I'm in just in time for the end of your report. Glad you guys had a good time!

Couple of thoughts:

- We homeschool, as well. Best thing ever for us.

- I'd be upset over no picture of paper tickets. In fact, my parents still have paper tickets with extra days. They will jever be used, so the fact that y'all traded them in means y'all are a step ahead of us.

- Your boys are adorable! I especially loved the Toys Story pictures.

- We were there for the cake castle. I thought it was cute at the time. Now, not so much. I've heard that it was really falling apart at one time, but not when we were there. Mom really likes it. DH's glad he missed it. I've heard that it really messed with the wedding plans of those getting married at WDW.

- Good luck with the adoption!

Thanks for the comments!!