Saw a no make that 3 new things at the Fort Today

I doubt it since I haven't seen any notes on the "multi cars" parked on sites.

I didn't see a Ranger the entire time I was there last month.  They aren't gone, are they?

Also, Dave- did you see what Memphis said about blue lights in the trees? 

TCD

I've seen the Rangers out and about, just not in the loops as much as before. They are on the main roads and directing traffic at the cart path as usual

As to the lights, several people have commented on the "laser lights" in use, but I have not seen them personally.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the Rangers out and about, just not in the loops as much as before. They are on the main roads and directing traffic at the cart path as usual

As to the lights, several people have commented on the "laser lights" in use, but I have not seen them personally.

Hmmm.  Interesting that there is less Ranger activity even now, when the Fort is at capacity on the weekends.

What do you mean, laser lights?  What is going on?

TCD

We will be there next week and will be looking for the blue lights! Sounds intriguing!  If find anything out I will report back. Is the overflow lot full now? Does that mean Saturday we will be screwed?!?  We are going to be LOOOONG. We have a hard enough time getting through the lot and this time have a long trailer to drop :(    And like someone said earlier,If we park in the grass, we wont be getting back out.  

Hmmm.  Interesting that there is less Ranger activity even now, when the Fort is at capacity on the weekends.

What do you mean, laser lights?  What is going on?

TCD

Sorry it's on a need to know basis. 

There's nothing to see just move along.

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas." :jumpforjoy

Ok, since I have been in the 400 for sometime and am always out after dark, I will comment.

I have not seen these "blue lights" you speak of. I will make a point tonight to look for them and report back in the morning, or afternoon, whenever I get up. 3 am is kind of late to be getting home.

The laser lights are something allot of people are using now. Its a light that reflects a laser around the area and makes it appear like stars or shapes.

http://youtu.be/bgVby2dNUrU

These seem to be real popular this year. I tried to photograph some, but its hard to get good photos of the results.

Ok, since I have been in the 400 for sometime and am always out after dark, I will comment.

I have not seen these "blue lights" you speak of. I will make a point tonight to look for them and report back in the morning, or afternoon, whenever I get up. 3 am is kind of late to be getting home.

The laser lights are something allot of people are using now. Its a light that reflects a laser around the area and makes it appear like stars or shapes.

These seem to be real popular this year. I tried to photograph some, but its hard to get good photos of the results.

Oh, well that is disappointing.

I thought these blue lights were from the new tracking devices they're installing to monitor the movement of guests via their Magic Bands.

TCD

:bellringer: mystery solved!! that's got to be what we saw.  I thought they were cool.  :doodebug:  So I am not crazy :doodebug: at least about this. 

I noticed a bunch of utility trailers (I assume for carts) with the tow vehicles still attached, basically taking up 2 spots. Or cart trailers dropped with the hitches facing in, so no one could use the other half of the space without blocking them in. With just a little bit of intelligence and consideration, that lot could easily hold twice as much as is randomly thrown in it now.

I know.  That annoys me, too.  I always unhitch my cart trailer and put it in a smaller parking spot along the edge where I can back in from the road between the overflow and regular parking lots to get it if I have to.  Then I put the SUV in the regular lot not the one for RV's.  It doesn't take much extra effort to do all of that.  People are just inconsiderate and some just plain lazy.

I have seen these in other cg's….never the fort, but they are very cool!  Particulary in places where there is little light pollution at night.

People are parking all manner of stuff all over their sites and the surrounding areas. No rules seem to be enforced in that regard.

We've seen one ranger in a week and a half. He stopped someone at the entrance to the settlement who had a small dog on their cart.

We have flashing blue lights on our cart.

Just sayin..

Radiation in a water-cooled nuclear fission reactor will create a blue glow. 

Cherenkov Radiation is caused by a charged particle (such as an electron) traveling through a dielectric medium (such as water) at a speed faster than the phase velocity of light for that medium. In other words, if an electron travels through water faster than the speed of light through water (but not faster than the absolute speed of light) , then a blue glow will result as the charged particle drops to a lower energy state. You see the same effect when nuclear waste is stored in a water pool.

Cherenkov Radiation is caused by a charged particle (such as an electron) traveling through a dielectric medium (such as water) at a speed faster than the phase velocity of light for that medium. In other words, if an electron travels through water faster than the speed of light through water (but not faster than the absolute speed of light) , then a blue glow will result as the charged particle drops to a lower energy state. You see the same effect when nuclear waste is stored in a water pool.

Exactly.  You think those blue tanks in River Country were always blue?

• 2 weeks later...

We were in the 900 loop from Oct 17 - 24.  A couple had the site opposite the path to the dog walk.  They had BLISS lights (Firefly light projector)  they are sold from QVC.  All the neighbors commented on his lights.  He had blue because they showed up the best in the trees.  They are staked in the ground and point up and looked like he had climbed up in the tree and hung a ton of little blue lights.   I was all about getting us some, thankfully I was sitting down when they came up on the screen  LOL  They are really nice but something tells me I'm not getting them soon   ???

I believe Rebel was on the other side from us so perhaps saw their lights too.  

We were in the 900 loop from Oct 17 - 24.  A couple had the site opposite the path to the dog walk.  They had BLISS lights (Firefly light projector)  they are sold from QVC.  All the neighbors commented on his lights.  He had blue because they showed up the best in the trees.  They are staked in the ground and point up and looked like he had climbed up in the tree and hung a ton of little blue lights.   I was all about getting us some, thankfully I was sitting down when they came up on the screen  LOL  They are really nice but something tells me I'm not getting them soon   ???

I believe Rebel was on the other side from us so perhaps saw their lights too.

Thanks for the warning on price. QVC has them for 159 each but there were a lot of bad reviews. Seems like there might be 2 different grades. Most other places had them for about 300 each or 2 for 619 What a deal. I could deal with the 159 price but the 300 or more is just too much. Maybe the price will drop with time. I hope so that's a lot of decoration for so little effort which would be great since our trips are mostly just weekend trips.

I have seen mysterious lights and objects in the sky at the Fort after a few Kungalooshes (Kungaleesh? Kungalooshi?)

Thanks for the warning on price. QVC has them for 159 each but there were a lot of bad reviews. Seems like there might be 2 different grades. Most other places had them for about 300 each or 2 for 619 What a deal. I could deal with the 159 price but the 300 or more is just too much. Maybe the price will drop with time. I hope so that's a lot of decoration for so little effort which would be great since our trips are mostly just weekend trips.

The ones I saw on QVC website were $199. Got mixed reviews, either loved them or hated.

Home Depot has them for the same price, and again same type of reviews. One was dead out of the box and was replaced and worked great.

Other reviewer said after about 20 minutes it got dim and was hard to see if there were any other lighting around.

I saw some green lights in the trees, didn't even think about it being a projector of some kind. I thought it was an insane amount of effort to get all those lights up there...

I want to get one of the"disco lights" projectors they had at a few sites. Drive some people at the office insane. ..

Just ask the Yeti if you can borrow his disc light!    :rofl3: