I totally agree but I'm not comparing any hotel to the fort. I'm comparing off site hotels for the price compared to Disney resorts. A four star hotel for $159 per night can't compare to a night at any Disney value for the same price

We've never stayed at any Disney owned lodging other then the Fort.

We did stay one time at Shades of Green, beautiful resort and huge rooms.

I've visited relatives at the Contemporary and Art of Animation and was not that impressed by the rooms for the price you had to pay, so it looks like we are in agreement.

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites just above Pointe Orlando about a month ago for $59 a night.  Large bedroom, good sized sitting room , mini fridge and microwave, 2 flat screens.  We got a free breakfast and the front desk people treated my GD like a princess.  We've also stayed at the Rosen Shingle Resort for about the same price but no breakfast and a lot fancier grounds, and they have Disney prices at their bars and places to eat.

When you think of everything you get at a hotel, the work they have to put into cleaning a room, and see that it costs the same or less then a night at the Fort, it gets you wondering about Disney's fees.

But, the hotels don't have the Forts amenities and atmosphere and that is what you are paying for at any Disney property.  (plus free boat rides!) :rofl3:

That's why we will continue to stay at the Fort and also off site properties.  The best of both worlds.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used my magic band to open the entry gate - after we had checked in, of course.  I really enjoyed using the band at the parks; for one reason I never worried about losing my KTTW card.  The FP+ work

So we went over to the Fort last weekend and was issued Magic bands and then was told the Magic bands will not open the gate, will not open the comfort stations or laundry rooms.  We could use the to

Maybe they hired the same guys that did the healthcare web site.

When you think if everything you get at a hotel, the work they have to put into cleaning a room, and see that it costs the same or less then a night at the Fort, it gets you wondering about Disney's fees.

But, the hotels don't have the Forts amenities and atmosphere and that is what you are paying for at any Disney property.  (plus free boat rides!) :rofl3:

Everybody seems to forget that the costs associcated with the FORT and the other Resorts are not just your site/room and their individual ammenties. Those fees help support the entire infrastructure at DISNEY, roads, waterlines, elec lines, buses, grounds maintenance and the list goes on and on. Outside hotels and CG have some of those costs, but by a much much smaller percentage per guest in the form of property taxes.

Everybody seems to forget that the costs associcated with the FORT and the other Resorts are not just your site/room and their individual ammenties. Those fees help support the entire infrastructure at DISNEY, roads, waterlines, elec lines, buses, grounds maintenance and the list goes on and on. Outside hotels and CG have some of those costs, but by a much much smaller percentage per guest in the form of property taxes.

This everyone has not forgotten.  I am the type of person that likes one rate for a room and that is it.  So, if the Fort and Disney properties have this one rate and that is inclusive of all the costs of infrastructure, then I am ok with it.  No, I am not a fan of them raising prices all the time, however, bills are bills.  What I don't like is, to me, false advertising, which is advertise a room for $89 and you end up actually paying $139 a night with all the extra fees and such associated with staying on their property.  Just give me the bottom line and not a bunch of shenanigans.

Rosen Shingle looks like a nice place. What Disney on site resort would be comparable?

Our last two trips and our upcoming trip will be a split stay trip. We will stay at Bonnet Creek and AKV. We are thinking about adding 5 more days and can't add any days at either property. Leaning towards renting rv and staying at the fort but that costs as much as a nice hotel. Any other hotel suggestions? We are on vacation so we want a hotel that has a nice pool, for DD, a restraint on site, food court type is ok, and a bar, because I'm on vacation and I want a beer.

What I don't like is, to me, false advertising, which is advertise a room for $89 and you end up actually paying $139 a night with all the extra fees and such associated with staying on their property

Are you talking DISNEY? We have never had anything added that changed the room/site costs other than taxes. Other hotels have done that especially parking and extra people. Many private campgrounds are worse, charging for anything over 2 adults & 2 children, extra cars, swimming fees etc.

This everyone has not forgotten.  I am the type of person that likes one rate for a room and that is it.  So, if the Fort and Disney properties have this one rate and that is inclusive of all the costs of infrastructure, then I am ok with it.  No, I am not a fan of them raising prices all the time, however, bills are bills.  What I don't like is, to me, false advertising, which is advertise a room for $89 and you end up actually paying $139 a night with all the extra fees and such associated with staying on their property.  Just give me the bottom line and not a bunch of shenanigans.

I agree 100%. I used t use bidding at Priceline a lot in years past when we had APs and was just coming over for a weekend to visit the parks. There were some really great deals on resort level hotels. But not anymore. They have changed the star level and area maps it's really easy to end up paying more than if you just booked directly with the resort.

On a differen subject and at the risk of bringing this thread back on topic kind of. We received our third set of MBs today. I called the help line to tell them we already had MBs and did not need more and was told if I didn't customize the MBs they would just have grey ones waiting at the resort when we checked in. So my old bands won't work anymore? Oh they will work just fine you just have to get new ones for each reservation. I tell her it's just a 1day trip and I have 3 planed before the end of the year. We'll then you will get 3 more sets of MBs. If I could have the money Disney waste in one day I could retier and live at the Fort. I'm not sure 1Billion dollars is going to be enough to cover the cost of this project. Hopefully this set will let us all link up our tickets and actually work at the Fort.

On a differen subject and at the risk of bringing this thread back on topic kind of. We received our third set of MBs today. I called the help line to tell them we already had MBs and did not need more and was told if I didn't customize the MBs they would just have grey ones waiting at the resort when we checked in. So my old bands won't work anymore? .

As I mentioned above both of ours are still working. From what I have gathered you will eventually get a "permanent" band, but since they are still in the testing stage you get new bands with each ressie.

Our MBs worked at all touch points in the Fort. From what I gathered, the MBs have to be encoded at the desk in order for them to work at the Fort touch points. This is different than other resorts and something they did not know about prior to testing. This is why some work and some don't. They are designed to be ready to use. Meaning, when you get them in the mail, in theory, you could skip check in and go straight to your room if you know what it is, and the MB would work. For some reason, since the Fort is unique, the MBs have to be encoded at the Fort to work. A stop by the front desk and you should be fixed up.

As for the multiple bands, that is during the test phase. During testing, the bands are encoded as tests. Once the reservation being tested is over, the band is voided and cannot be used for any other reservation. Once the system goes live, you can reuse the same band for multiple visits. Its their way of tracking the tests and controlling the parameters. Remember, even though nearly everyone is getting MBs right now, this is still a test.

As for the multiple bands, that is during the test phase. During testing, the bands are encoded as tests. Once the reservation being tested is over, the band is voided and cannot be used for any other reservation. Once the system goes live, you can reuse the same band for multiple visits. Its their way of tracking the tests and controlling the parameters. Remember, even though nearly everyone is getting MBs right now, this is still a test.

Both of ours (10/21-11/4 and 11/4-11/12) are still working. ??

We have had reservations for our December trip since last December.  We also have annual passes for all of us.  We have received nothing as far as the MB are concerned.  Does that mean when we check in we will receive the KTTW cards or the MB then?

Help??????

Judy if you have a MDE go to it and click bars on the top left, a menu will open, select magic bands and customize them. If you do not have a My Disney Experience (MDE) account go online and create one. If for some reason you do not have the menu item magic bands you have not been selected for the test. But I think all resort guest are being selected now. Because your resi is so old it might be overlooked for the email. The instructions above are for the app but you can do all this online with your computer too. Just click on the My Disney Experience tab and look for the magic bands menu item.

Make sure your reservation is linked in your MDE account. Otherwise you wont have the option to customize MBs. If you don't link your stuff prior to arrival, you will receive the generic grey MBs when you check in. They then will give you instructions on how to link everything so you can take advantage of the MyMagic+ benefits.

We have had reservations for our December trip since last December.  We also have annual passes for all of us.  We have received nothing as far as the MB are concerned.  Does that mean when we check in we will receive the KTTW cards or the MB then?

Help? ?????

We made our reservations in August of last year for our December trip.  We got the invitation emails earlier this week.  However, I had already noticed the MB option in MDE prior to receiving the email.

I was just able to customize our Magic Bands for our trip that begins at the end of January. I have the link to make FP+ reservations, and it acts for a few seconds like it's going to let me, but then I get an error message.

Hey Kelly... what dates will you be at The Fort?  We get there on the 4th of February...