Christmassy Boost 2014

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit that I've had my nose tweaked by more than one person on this board but it was always in good clean fun. There was once or twice that I was really offended and was going to leave. But a

We will be there Nov 4-10.  Also planning on the MVMCP on the 7th.    And, since this will be probably one of the very few times we have a reason to decorate for Christmas, we will be doing so!  I got

As long as Lou is there, I'm sure there will be no shortage

While I hate to see Shannon leave, I also hate to see Lou described as a curmudgeon.  Merriam-Webster says a curmudgeon Lou is a "crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man."

Lou is not crusty.??  He is not ill-tempered.??  He has a heart of gold, and I wish I could do as much for so many as he does.

If you think Lou is an old man (OH YEAH!!) then I am an old woman.  Just because I'm going on Medicare soon doesn't make me old.  Old is a state of mind.

Got a note going to Merriam-Webster.

I am not great with the written word (thou some people think I not great with the spoken word either) How could anyone think Lou is out to win, what is there to win???? If you look at his written history it is all in fun, some people don't get his fun, then ignore it. But I can say from personal experience that I have never met a more giving, generous man in my life. This board is a mixture of many different people with all different personalities, from all different walks of life, with different likes and dislikes. But we all came together for the love of Disney and Snarky. If you are saying where is it in writting about Snarky, look at our logo, what is his name????? I don't always like everything that is posted so I ignore it. This board is supposed to be fun, family and loving. Most of us that have met are family. No one is out to get anyone or WIN. If you weren't happy about your thread being hijacked, and think it shouldn't happen look at every thread hear. Fiends give the information that is needed and then they hijack the thread. It has always happend from day one, and it happened on that other place also. That is the Fiends makup. I don't know why you feel you are singled out, but get over it. If you want to leave, leave. You have never met Lou, maybe you would rethink if you had. He goes OUT OF HIS WAY to great any Fiend that is in town, would you do that????

I've met Lou in person, eagerly enjoyed some of his "inside baseball" postings about WDW, and even been the recipient of some of his snarky postings. He's a good guy that adds a lot of personality to this site. Wasn't quite the same when he took his hiatus.

I don't have the same exposure to Shannon, but seems like a good guy. And he looks like Santa to boot.

Hope all can just do a reboot and get back to normal business. I have a couple TRs that I way behind on.

I am not great with the written word (thou some people think I not great with the spoken word either) How could anyone think Lou is out to win, what is there to win? ??? If you look at his written history it is all in fun, some people don't get his fun, then ignore it. But I can say from personal experience that I have never met a more giving, generous man in my life. This board is a mixture of many different people with all different personalities, from all different walks of life, with different likes and dislikes. But we all came together for the love of Disney and Snarky. If you are saying where is it in writting about Snarky, look at our logo, what is his name? ???? I don't always like everything that is posted so I ignore it. This board is supposed to be fun, family and loving. Most of us that have met are family. No one is out to get anyone or WIN. If you weren't happy about your thread being hijacked, and think it shouldn't happen look at every thread hear. Fiends give the information that is needed and then they hijack the thread. It has always happend from day one, and it happened on that other place also. That is the Fiends makup. I don't know why you feel you are singled out, but get over it. If you want to leave, leave. You have never met Lou, maybe you would rethink if you had. He goes OUT OF HIS WAY to great any Fiend that is in town, would you do that? ???

Don't know what to do, I agree with Lorna.  What next??   :panic:  :panic:

I am not great with the written word (thou some people think I not great with the spoken word either) How could anyone think Lou is out to win, what is there to win? ??? If you look at his written history it is all in fun, some people don't get his fun, then ignore it. But I can say from personal experience that I have never met a more giving, generous man in my life. This board is a mixture of many different people with all different personalities, from all different walks of life, with different likes and dislikes. But we all came together for the love of Disney and Snarky. If you are saying where is it in writting about Snarky, look at our logo, what is his name? ???? I don't always like everything that is posted so I ignore it. This board is supposed to be fun, family and loving. Most of us that have met are family. No one is out to get anyone or WIN. If you weren't happy about your thread being hijacked, and think it shouldn't happen look at every thread hear. Fiends give the information that is needed and then they hijack the thread. It has always happend from day one, and it happened on that other place also. That is the Fiends makup. I don't know why you feel you are singled out, but get over it. If you want to leave, leave. You have never met Lou, maybe you would rethink if you had. He goes OUT OF HIS WAY to great any Fiend that is in town, would you do that? ???

Well said--no matter what anyone else says.

You did pretty darned good with those written words.  :)

I must admit that I've had my nose tweaked by more than one person on this board but it was always in good clean fun. There was once or twice that I was really offended and was going to leave. But a wise women lovingly told me I was wrong for taking offense. I counted to ten and went back and reread the posts and realized I over reacted. And the other poster over reacted to me. I apologized, he apologized and all is well with us.

I'm not saying any one over reacted or any one was right or wrong. I'm just saying maybe if the two posters who were involved in this exchange would take a deep breath and count to ten they might see the other persons side. Right or wrong.

And perhaps the rest of us can let the two posters handle it themselves thru PMs, because it might seem like we are taking sides.

I've met Lou and know he's a super guy.

I haven't had the opportunity to meet Santa...Shannon but I find it hard to believe that someone who brings joy to little ones as Santa can't be anything but a super guy.

That's my two cents. Thank you

I must admit that I've had my nose tweaked by more than one person on this board but it was always in good clean fun. There was once or twice that I was really offended and was going to leave. But a wise women lovingly told me I was wrong for taking offense. I counted to ten and went back and reread the posts and realized I over reacted. And the other poster over reacted to me. I apologized, he apologized and all is well with us.

^THIS^

I make it a point to stay out of other people's "stuff", but I'll say this...

....if you generally enjoy life here - the info., most of the people, the camaraderie, etc., - please don't let any one person chase you away. 

Remember the old "baby & bath water" adage?

If one person rubs you the wrong way all the time - put them on "ignore" and save yourself the headaches.

If it's a particular incident, and you otherwise really do enjoy life here, PLEASE take the time to contact the person directly and see if you can work it out.

While Snarky may be our credo, the other thing that sets us aside from other forums is that we don't have moderators issuing points and bans and censoring every word every person posts here.  If folks think that "the powers that be" are going to swoop in and mediate personality or other issues between members... well, you'd be wrong.

Shenanigans aside, the expectation here is that we're all grown-ups (more or less) and can and should work out our differences as such.

By the same token, post count aside, FF isn't any one person or group's personal playground.  It belongs to all of us and it is what all of us make it.

That said, I know FF isn't for everyone, and that's absolutely ok.  No one place is or should try to be. 

And if you truly believe FF isn't your cup of tea, then I personally wish you well wherever you land out in the cyberspace.

It seems that I am one of the few that has been fortunate enough to have met both of you.  Accordingly, I think I am best equipped to settle this issue. 

I hereby decree that we lock the two of you inside the Big Ass Bat House until this squabble is either settled, or you've both contracted rabies. 

or ^THIS^   :)

God, it seems like this place is full of thin skinned whiney babies. If I didn't know better, I would swear I was reading the camping board from the other place. Man up, grow a pair and move on.

It seems that I am one of the few that has been fortunate enough to have met both of you.  Accordingly, I think I am best equipped to settle this issue. 

I hereby decree that we lock the two of you inside the Big Ass Bat House until this squabble is either settled, or you've both contracted rabies.

Is it time for ThunderDome?

I'm just saying maybe if the two posters who were involved in this exchange would take a deep breath and count to ten they might see the other persons side. Right or wrong.

And perhaps the rest of us can let the two posters handle it themselves thru PMs, because it might seem like we are taking sides.

Even if I could, I don't need to count to ten because there was no prior exchange prior to the silly remark I made about inflatables being banned by the Fort due to a shortage of air. That was it, there is no other side. Everything that went on is on that thread. I have no clue what he means by me rubbing him the wrong way, but I suspect that me just being on the board has rubbed him the wrong way for a long time, evidenced by a post he made very early on.

Aug 2012

Plus, and know it doesn't make sense since its the same folks here as used to be there, I just never felt quite at home here. The Dis used to feel like home. I guess it's because I wasn't part of the flush that seemed to be the new basis of camaraderie here. It's not that folks did any thing to make me feel unwelcome, it just never clicked. I applaud Jen and Chris for their hard work making a new home for the Feinds and I'm glad so many are having so much fun. I like following fiends casually on Facebook, and look forward to the day I could return here and post a countdown clock to my next Fort trip.

As for PMs, that's exactly what I did after reading his posts here and on FB. I sent Shannon a long PM hoping that it would show a different side of me, it didn't. If anything, based on his last post, it made him angrier.

I've done all that I can do to smooth things over. Suffice it to say that I've never singled him out, I've never been mean spirited towards him, and even after this, I'm not angry with him.

He feels the way he does and that's that. We can't be all things to all people. There's no need to pursue this any longer. So I'd appreciate it if we can end it here.