Crap.  How long do they think it will take?

Assuming the head gaskets weren't damaged, they should be done today.  Hoping and praying right now.  It's an expensive fix, but I had put aside some money for this.  It won't affect my vacation as long as it gets done today.

Sorry to hear it. That's one of the reasons I got rid of my 6.0 I just didn't like the stress of unknow major breakdowns. That said my 6.0 never left me stranded and pulled a 12,000lb toy hauler 2,000 miles with a bad egr cooler, egr, oil cooler, head gaskets, and degas bottle. There may have been more parts that's just what I remember. But the last 500 miles 55 mph was top speed and I had to give the truck a break every 100 miles.

Well my fellow fiends.  My Ford 6.0 had the dreaded EGR cooler failure in Houston.  We're at the dealership now.  Hoping a praying that they can fix it today.  :(

So sorry to hear this :(   I was one of the wonderful people Ford sold a 2004 truck but decided to give me a 2003 engine.

That was always my worst fear while towing.

If you plan on keeping it get it bulletproofed asap. I'm glad I did.

I agree, aftermarket mods are the way to go with the 6.0.

Lets see,  through the years I have:

8 new style injectors

FICM upgraded & tuned

EGR Delete

Blue Spring Mod

New Oil Cooler

New Y Pipe

New Turbo

Flushed Ford coolant and replaced with Zerex ELC

Added Coolant Filter

Replaced rear main seal

Installed Insight CTS engine monitoring system

Add Temp probe in exhaust manifold for Insight

More flashes than I can count.....

This doesn't count normal maintenance like batteries & such.

But, she does pull the new trailer nicely!

Well, I had the dealership install the new EGR cooler and only got 10 miles down the road before something really let go.  Coolant spewed all over my windshield and smoke began to pour out of the engine and all my air vents.  Had it towed to another dealership were I will be trading it in Monday morning.  We'll have to miss the first 2 days of our reservation.  :(

We're at an RV park in Houston for now.

Well, I had the dealership install the new EGR cooler and only got 10 miles down the road before something really let go.  Coolant spewed all over my windshield and smoke began to pour out of the engine and all my air vents.  Had it towed to another dealership were I will be trading it in Monday morning.  We'll have to miss the first 2 days of our reservation.  :(

We're at an RV park in Houston for now.

Wow sorry to hear it. Hope it all works out for you.

We'll have to miss the first 2 days of our reservation.   :(

That totally stinks!  Dont forget to call Disney and have them adjust your check in day. If you no show on day one with no call there is a good chance they will cancel the rest of the reservation on you.