Leaked River Country DVC Plans

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a related aside... I'm going to venture a guess that this thread is going to generate a lot of first time visitors to Fort Fiends so...   WELCOME!   If you haven't already created a user name/login

Maybe they'll conduct a training burn on Jacob's Cabin after the bat house is finished?

Suddenly I am seeing a new tour offered by Disney World.

Ok have not been on in a while lot of info here so just 1 question are they really building this

Anytime soon?

Probably not.  Permits have expired and the focus now seems to be on the Poly and then it seems Wilderness Lodge.

Eventually someday?

Maybe.

That's about as much *real* info as anybody has. 

I wouldn't bet the farm on most of the stuff that's reported on the Jim Hill website. 

I've seen balloons at various locations throughout WDW and nothing ever appeared there.

Plus, I don't think Disney gives a crap about what the view is from the Fort otherwise they wouldn't have allowed the 4 Seasons resort to be built where it was.

Jimmy's style is to throw everything, and I mean everything, at the WDW wall. Of course some of it is bound to stick at some point. Who knows, maybe building this DVC is one of those times.

Just heard on the Jim Hill - Len Testa pod cast of Oct 10th that two site balloons were sent up last week at the site where it is going to be built to test the impact on sites from Fort Wilderness.

I wouldn't bet the farm on most of the stuff that's reported on the Jim Hill website. 

I've seen balloons at various locations throughout WDW and nothing ever appeared there.

Plus, I don't think Disney gives a crap about what the view is from the Fort otherwise they wouldn't have allowed the 4 Seasons resort to be built where it was.

Jimmy's style is to throw everything, and I mean everything, at the WDW wall. Of course some of it is bound to stick at some point. Who knows, maybe building this DVC is one of those times.

Great post, Lou.

And, Pooh4Me, you must have typed the wrong date, or is the October 10th date referring to a podcast from a previous year?

After reviewing the very detailed plans already drawn, It seems a little late for them to be sending up balloons.

TCD

Here's the link to the podcast pooh4me wrote about before:

http://podbay.fm/show/452620851/e/1408770060?autostart=1

Listen at 18:30, then again at around 39:25.

The podcast is from this past August.

Thank you for the link, and for the references for where to listen.  I'm not sure I could listen to the whole thing.

Thanks Mecha Geek.

Those two knuckleheads just don't seem to exude confidence.

Agreed.

It sounds like a couple of guys blowing smoke, and speculating.   They know less than what has already been discussed ad nauseam here.

Sorry I listed the wrong date, just want to get closer to our next trip.

No worries.  I was just wondering if this was something new, or a rehash from a prior date.

Thanks for sharing- it is mildly interesting to hear what the podcasters had to say.

TCD

Just found this thread.  Very neat video that you found, TCD.  Without having read this whole thread, it sounds like I would hate some of the aspects of this possible resort (parking by Pioneer Hall being the biggest offender) but would love some others.  We don't have a camper so we always stay in the cabins (which I love!) when we are at FW with family.  But I think that a DVC level resort at FW would for us be the best of all worlds. 

Just found this thread.  Very neat video that you found, TCD.  Without having read this whole thread, it sounds like I would hate some of the aspects of this possible resort (parking by Pioneer Hall being the biggest offender) but would love some others.  We don't have a camper so we always stay in the cabins (which I love!) when we are at FW with family.  But I think that a DVC level resort at FW would for us be the best of all worlds. 

As much as I hate to admit it, there are aspects of this proposed resort that I like as well.  I sure wouldn't hate a room overlooking Bay Lake.

Speaking of that video, there is something at the end that I found intriguing.  There is an animated fly-over of the resort, which finishes with a view of the pool area as seen from Bay Lake.  This is what I'm talking about:

constuctionvideoscreencap_zps261a470a.jp

I guess those square things are cabanas?  These are very strange looking to me, considering the rest of the design.  I also find it odd how the pool seems to be elevated way above ground level. I guess that's to make sure no dirty lake water ever gets in.

TCD

As much as I hate to admit it, there are aspects of this proposed resort that I like as well.  I sure wouldn't hate a room overlooking Bay Lake.

Speaking of that video, there is something at the end that I found intriguing.  There is an animated fly-over of the resort, which finishes with a view of the pool area as seen from Bay Lake.  This is what I'm talking about:

I guess those square things are cabanas?  These are very strange looking to me, considering the rest of the design.  I also find it odd how the pool seems to be elevated way above ground level. I guess that's to make sure no dirty lake water ever gets in.

TCD

I agree there is a lot about this project that I like.

In regards to the video, I think it's based on a very early design. If you look back at the plans they are no longer building the one building out over the water, but the video shows it over the water. Also the pool area seems a lot different in the video than what's shown on the plans. I think that video wasn't updated as the plans were revised.

Also I don't think they would ever use those modern looking square cabanas at that resort, Disney is much more theme concious than that. Now huge hollow log cabana would be cool.

WBI

TCD

Those square things are just weird.  I didn't notice them at first.  Definitely don't seem consistent with any wilderness theming (sp??) I would hope they would do. 

But yes, a room overlooking Bay Lake would be awesome.  That's what we had at BLT once, and what we hope to have next time we stay there. 

I agree there is a lot about this project that I like.

In regards to the video, I think it's based on a very early design. If you look back at the plans they are no longer building the one building out over the water, but the video shows it over the water. Also the pool area seems a lot different in the video than what's shown on the plans. I think that video wasn't updated as the plans were revised.

Also I don't think they would ever use those modern looking square cabanas at that resort, Disney is much more theme concious than that. Now huge hollow log cabana would be cool.

WBI

I didn't even notice that the building over the water was omitted from the plans.

I still like that video, though.  I like how the dates are shown along the bottom for how the work would progress- that's very cool.  The quick animation at the end really helped me to visualize what the overall resort might look like.

A hollow log cabana? You should be an Imagineer. That would be awesome.

Those square things are just weird.  I didn't notice them at first.  Definitely don't seem consistent with any wilderness theming (sp??) I would hope they would do. 

But yes, a room overlooking Bay Lake would be awesome.  That's what we had at BLT once, and what we hope to have next time we stay there. 

Those square things are probably just some architect trying to be relevant.

I wouldn't mind a Bay Lake view at BLT.  The last time we stayed in the Contemporary tower, we had a Bay Lake view.  I was on the balcony more than I was in the room.

TCD

Is that supposed to be Bay Lake in the foreground? If so, the imagineers have placed a freeloader in the lake. It looks like he is just wading leisurely in the almost crystal clear water near the beach. If they ever released this video to the public, that would be false advertising at its finest.