Leaked River Country DVC Plans

I dunno about anything personal, but then again I haven't any interest in that. He's one of the hosts of one of the podcasts I subscribe to, along with Len Testa. Most of the stuff he comes up with is pretty far out, so as I said take it from where it's coming from. Just passing it along.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a related aside... I'm going to venture a guess that this thread is going to generate a lot of first time visitors to Fort Fiends so...   WELCOME!   If you haven't already created a user name/login

Maybe they'll conduct a training burn on Jacob's Cabin after the bat house is finished?

Suddenly I am seeing a new tour offered by Disney World.

Most of the stuff he comes up with is pretty far out, so as I said take it from where it's coming from. Just passing it along.

I haven't listened in a while but he's always entertaining.  Definitely pass that stuff along.  Who knows, he might be onto something once in a while.  :)

I haven't listened in a while but he's always entertaining.  Definitely pass that stuff along.  Who knows, he might be onto something once in a while.  :)

I think that's how he rolls- throw out as much crazy stuff as possible, and something might be right.

These latest predictions aren't totally crazy, but I just don't see Disney spending the money it would take fort these things to happen on the timetable he's predicting.

TCD

What is happening with the old race track site? What not make that into a DVC? No bus transportation would be needed during the day, the trams could make a loop down there for the guest.

That's a good question.  Now that the racetrack has been removed, it's easier to see that this is a big piece of open land.

It does make me wonder what they're going to use it for.  I'm surprised that they tore down the racetrack and cleared that area so fast.   To me, it suggests that they have some plan to develop it for another purpose.  But, I can't see them being able to make a DVC resort in that spot attractive to anyone.  How could they market it?  A parking lot view from every room?  The location is great, but I can't see them selling this as a DVC.

I'm ok with that.  Makes for some fun speculation.  :)

Sure.  He needs traffic to his website.  Saying crazy stuff does that.

TCD

What is happening with the old race track site? What not make that into a DVC? No bus transportation would be needed during the day, the trams could make a loop down there for the guest.

I thought I read somewhere that the old Petty site was going to become additional parking

True.  And they have already paved a big piece of it.

But, there's a lot of land left there. 

TCD

There's also a large retention pond there now.  The change is supposed to be for traffic improvements.  I wonder if some of the work so far is in preparation for the flyover planned to bypass the toll booths.

There's also a large retention pond there now.  The change is supposed to be for traffic improvements.  I wonder if some of the work so far is in preparation for the flyover planned to bypass the toll booths.

I didn't notice the retention pond, and I forgot about the flyover.  You are probably right about that.  They may be reconfiguring the roads there.

There still seems to be a lot of land there that they could use for something.  And that is a prime spot.

TCD

I didn't notice the retention pond, and I forgot about the flyover.  You are probably right about that.  They may be reconfiguring the roads there.

There still seems to be a lot of land there that they could use for something.  And that is a prime spot.

TCD

Maybe that would be the new TTC. (not that the rumor is true, but just throwing that out to stir the pot).  :ph34r:  Of course they'd have a heck of a time with the ferry boat and the monorail! :lol:

That was what Jim Hill was espousing. The current tour bus parking would move to the STOL airflield location, then everything would shift down towards the raceway area to better allow for modernizing the TTC. Not sure how they would handle the link between any relocated TTC and the monorail and/or ferries, which is why it didn't ring true for me, but what do I know. Disney has been known to throw money around when they want to.

That was what Jim Hill was espousing. The current tour bus parking would move to the STOL airflield location, then everything would shift down towards the raceway area to better allow for modernizing the TTC. Not sure how they would handle the link between any relocated TTC and the monorail and/or ferries, which is why it didn't ring true for me, but what do I know. Disney has been known to throw money around when they want to.

I agree.  Doesn't seem to make much sense, but who knows?

I agree.  Doesn't seem to make much sense, but who knows?

The only thing that makes sense about it is if there was guest demand for another deluxe resort on Bay Lake.  For sure the current location of the TTC would be a great location for a resort, but I just don't believe that the demand is there.   And even if it was, why not just build another tower at the Contemporary or Grand Floridian?

TCD

We've already seen that Disney is moving away from Walt's idea of traveling to a different world by water or monorail since they started using buses and putting the stops right in front of the MK.

Maybe this is a step towards completing that by doing away with the ferries altogether and having the monorail be used for resorts and Epcot travel only.

It would cut down on monorail crowding, eliminate costs for the large ferries, and allow them to put whatever they want on that side of the Seven Seas.

Of course it would mean a lot more buses and or Trams, but that is the direction Disney has been going property-wide for awhile now, buses, buses, and more buses....

We've already seen that Disney is moving away from Walt's idea of traveling to a different world by water or monorail since they started using buses and putting the stops right in front of the MK.

Maybe this is a step towards completing that by doing away with the ferries altogether and having the monorail be used for resorts and Epcot travel only.

It would cut down on monorail crowding, eliminate costs for the large ferries, and allow them to put whatever they want on that side of the Seven Seas.

Of course it would mean a lot more buses and or Trams, but that is the direction Disney has been going property-wide for awhile now, buses, buses, and more buses....

Wow.  I'm surprised that I didn't think it through like you did.

I thought, no way they can move the TTC.  What about the ferries and monorails?  But, you're right, they could just bus the day guests from the new TTC and scrap the ferries, and leave the monorails for just the resorts and Epcot.

The other thing they could do, which hasn't been mentioned, is build a big parking garage like they did at Disneyland, and just have trams constantly running back and forth between it and the park entrance.

TCD

We were there fairly early last Saturday morning.  Got parked in a lot that allowed us to walk to the TTC.

We rode the ferry, but noticed that besides the ferry, resort monorail, and express monorail, they had a fleet of busses standing by and I think they were loading in the old TTC circle area.  There was a sign that said busses pointing in that general direction.

Wow.  I'm surprised that I didn't think it through like you did.

I thought, no way they can move the TTC.  What about the ferries and monorails?  But, you're right, they could just bus the day guests from the new TTC and scrap the ferries, and leave the monorails for just the resorts and Epcot.

The other thing they could do, which hasn't been mentioned, is build a big parking garage like they did at Disneyland, and just have trams constantly running back and forth between it and the park entrance.

TCD

I'd think they would leave the ferries and eliminate the monorail from the TTC to the park. That way they can control the access and just run trams from the TTC to the ferry entrance.

I do agree that WDW has hit its peak with rooms at this point, but every time I think that they seem to come up with something else. And it's usually more outrageously expensive than what is currently out there. They really seem to be courting international visitors these days; we heard more different languages this past trip than I've ever seen there (and saw more people playing the "no hablo ingles' card when trying to scam their way into a ride, and switching back to English when the exasperated cast member let them through). Maybe that demographic has higher spending rates.

Either way, interesting.

I'd think they would leave the ferries and eliminate the monorail from the TTC to the park. That way they can control the access and just run trams from the TTC to the ferry entrance.

I do agree that WDW has hit its peak with rooms at this point, but every time I think that they seem to come up with something else. And it's usually more outrageously expensive than what is currently out there. They really seem to be courting international visitors these days; we heard more different languages this past trip than I've ever seen there (and saw more people playing the "no hablo ingles' card when trying to scam their way into a ride, and switching back to English when the exasperated cast member let them through). Maybe that demographic has higher spending rates.

Either way, interesting.

Someone must sure have higher spending habits.

$70 for desert and drinks, $100 for desert and a ferry ride, $3000 a night for a bungalow.  They sure aint catering to Ma and Pa Kettle and all the little Kettles.

They are looking for the 1% to come on down and spend spend spend.

Oh and as a side note Busch Gardens/SeaWorld just announced their AP price increase. 

It went from $156 to $168 a whopping $12 or $1 a month more on the payment plan!

As I said in another post I know they don't have the Disney allure, but they also don't have the Disney prices!

Am I the only one who thinks that a western themed resort/boardwalk along the lake between FW and WL might be a good thing?

I think it is a great idea and it was a go until they came up with the DVC idea. Or at least that's what I read.

?.......but I just don't see Disney spending the money it would take fort these things to happen on the timetable he's predicting.

TCD

This is very true now. Their cost of capital is rising. Even with the success of that "star" movie, the stock and projections are taking a beating. With the ever growing legion of cable cutters, their ESPN cash cow is starting to hemmorage. The parks are definitely a jewel in the crown, but will most likely be capital starved for a bit (present plans excluded)