We are in central Pa and have pulled the 5er down several times. We usually stop once or twice down and once coming back at different camp grounds to make it a more pleasant ride for the kiddos. Now we have a MH though and I am going to try to push it and get there in one day so I can have fun.

We have tried to talk friends into taking their campers and coming with us but we are still the only crazy ones that like it.

I agree with the year long adventure, forever might be a little long and other places might need exploration too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every time we go to Disney, my wife gives me ten dollars spending money. Last trip I ate better than any meal plan, drank as much booze as I could hold, swam at nearly every pool, snagged some sweet

I, like Seals, am pretty far from retirement but it is still pretty fun to think about.  We had noticed a few sites being the same from year to year and thought maybe it was a cast member spot or mayb

It looks like for 2014 a premium site rack rate adds up to $36,894. but that does include all the FREE transportation. Oh forgot the tax make that about $43,904 or $ 120.28/day Avg. or $3,658.66/ mont

Here it is:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/06/01/disney-world-scammers-scored-four-years-of-free-vacations/

They did it for FOUR YEARS!!      :wave1:

".....They managed to pull off the scheme four years in a row by taking advantage of the park's reservation system loopholes.

"Investigators found that the men would book hotel rooms with one credit card and then put down a second, pre-paid debit card with only a $1 or $2 on it to cover any charges to the room. They would then go out in the parks, bill everything to the room and take off before the charges caught up and employees found out," according to WFTV....."

You won't loose your job.

If they've hired me 5 times, they'll certainly take you back. Probably more money too.

Funny thing. DPI is looking for coordinators. They have a list so those interested can sign up and go through interviews for the position. I talked to a leader about becoming a relief coordinator but never signed up on the list or took it further than asking a few questions.  

I looked at my development connection today and I have training scheduled........... for becoming a coordinator. No interview, no resume, no signing up. Just like that. The selections aren't even supposed to be made until the 18th. The leader said they would rather have me as a relief coordinator than not at all.

Here it is:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/06/01/disney-world-scammers-scored-four-years-of-free-vacations/

They did it for FOUR YEARS!!      :wave1:

".....They managed to pull off the scheme four years in a row by taking advantage of the park's reservation system loopholes.

"Investigators found that the men would book hotel rooms with one credit card and then put down a second, pre-paid debit card with only a $1 or $2 on it to cover any charges to the room. They would then go out in the parks, bill everything to the room and take off before the charges caught up and employees found out," according to WFTV....."

I guess anyone can be a Disney fan, but those three sure don't look like Disney goers.  Look more like they should be running a drug cartel somewhere.

Funny thing. DPI is looking for coordinators. They have a list so those interested can sign up and go through interviews for the position. I talked to a leader about becoming a relief coordinator but never signed up on the list or took it further than asking a few questions.  

I looked at my development connection today and I have training scheduled........... for becoming a coordinator. No interview, no resume, no signing up. Just like that. The selections aren't even supposed to be made until the 18th. The leader said they would rather have me as a relief coordinator than not at all.

Oh, WOW!  What a nice compliment!  Isn't it great when someone truly appreciates your good work?  Congratulations!

I have thought about someone staying at Fort Wilderness for free for sometime now. I don't want to do it, but don't think it would be too hard to do. All you would have to do is look like you belong. The only problem would be sleeping at night, but you could always sleep in a chair on the beach or at a pool. Don't think security would ever brother you. During the day no problem, look at all the freeloaders that spend the day there.

• 2 months later...

Every time we go to Disney, my wife gives me ten dollars spending money. Last trip I ate better than any meal plan, drank as much booze as I could hold, swam at nearly every pool, snagged some sweet souvenirs and left with the same ten bucks. I apologize if any of the campsites I raided belonged to any fiends.

My neighbor pays her property taxes but looking at her old toilet and shower on the front yard for 6 months was a bit much.

And yes...her site is a smidge on the cluttered side, but I reckon she's paying for the priveledge.

Mike, she's cleaned up her act from a couple of years ago. 

But I can attest, firsthand, that she has a heart of gold and will do anything for anyone in need.  Go by and introduce yourself, tell her you're a friend of CCIntrigue in NC, and she will instantly be your friend.