• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found a few pictures from California Grill from last summer.             

hey Bus Driver. This section of the boards is pictures of dishes(Food) from around the world. Dont you have some kids on your lawn to harass. 

Out of curiosity are you planning to buy all this food or just walk up to strangers tables and take pictures

Out of curiosity are you planning to buy all this food or just walk up to strangers tables and take pictures

Jason for the win!  :rofl2:

be careful  last time I ate r l I had a hart attack 2 days lator

Richie!! 

So whatever you do, please don't eat here again.  :heartsmiley:

Why is this even being debated?

Pictures of food = good

Sushi = very good

Lou = cranky and argumentative

I think that about sums it up.  

saying-yes-nodding-smiley-emoticon.gif

The Lou needs to start a "why the heck do people take pictures of their food" thread on the debate board.

And then we can all go over and flood it with pood forn.

• 4 months later...

This was my first time back at California Grill since the reno. I can't tell if it was always this loud, or whether it was just busier this time, or if I'm getting old and cranky. Probably some combination of all of the above.

Classic Sidecar.

YpgQXrEl.jpg

Blood Orange Mule.

LHJ0VZZl.jpg

Scallops.

pFEkseEl.jpg

Lamb Porterhouse with the sides that come with the chicken.

p0mPdZEl.jpg

Fritters. OMG. Gooood. Sauces were chocolate, peanutbutter (in the middle) and salted caramel.

QH7Ayxkl.jpg

This was my first time back at California Grill since the reno. I can't tell if it was always this loud, or whether it was just busier this time, or if I'm getting old and cranky.

That's how we felt almost 4 years ago. It was nice, but doubt if we'll go back for that reason

Can't believe I forgot to add my favorite picture from that meal.

Imagine my surprise when I looked over at the sushi bar right beside us and saw this...

X5gVCVal.jpg

Yep. That's a dog bellied up to the bar.

We asked our waitress about it and she had a little conference with some other staff. Apparently that pocket pet you see there is a therapy dog of some kind, and the restaurant isn't able to say no. Our server said the staff weren't exactly happy about it either.

• 1 month later...

Taken November 28.  This is the first time we've been since the renovation last year.  Sorry they're a little dark - DH hates it when I put the flash on in a restaurant.  B)

10377539_10205688073588284_5693391987041

Hot ham flatbread (we got this one for free, as we'd ordered something else and they brought it by mistake) - really yummy!!

10734030_10205688076188349_7301669464712

Pastrami flatbread - also good, but the hot ham was my favorite.

10407186_10205688076628360_3388440051261

I forget what this was called but it was fruity and delicious.

10635757_10205688084828565_4350451224091

Giant Platter O' Sushi!

If you order more than one sushi dish, they ask you if you mind if they put it all on one platter.  On here is Tuna 4 Ways, Dragon Roll and the oh-so-amazing Spicy Kazan.

The sushi here is expensive, but the portions are actually pretty large and it is A-MAZING.  We had a lot of sushi on vacation (a whole lot) and a lot of GOOD sushi, but this was the best by far.

Giant Platter O' Sushi!

If you order more than one sushi dish, they ask you if you mind if they put it all on one platter.  On here is Tuna 4 Ways, Dragon Roll and the oh-so-amazing Spicy Kazan.

The sushi here is expensive, but the portions are actually pretty large and it is A-MAZING.  We had a lot of sushi on vacation (a whole lot) and a lot of GOOD sushi, but this was the best by far.

I've looked at all the photos you've posted recently — I think you and I like to go to a lot of the same places. I want to go eating with you! You do it up right! Any chance you'll be there in March?  :laugh:

I'll take the flatbread and drink, please.

Flatbreads were great, and you could definitely make a meal of one.  :)

I've looked at all the photos you've posted recently — I think you and I like to go to a lot of the same places. I want to go eating with you! You do it up right! Any chance you'll be there in March?  :laugh:

LOL!  This definitely turned into the "Adventures in Dining" trip.  We didn't plan it that way, but it was fun and we had a lot of delicious food.  And that's with me making only 2 ADRs before we got there - we totally winged it for everything else.

Wish I could be there in March!!!  :)

• 3 weeks later...

A few photos from our dinner last night at CG.

Bread

56721697f42824d84c98cacbbff2da76.jpg

Lavender focaccia.

1c43ea359346d947b681f2e439c4fccb.jpg

Vegetable sushi selection

ad1d7f67591e3d2fcbdeface5628346b.jpg

The "Chefs Unplugged" vegan option

d5f73ebfcecf43c347c013cefb7a13e4.jpg

Everything was delicious! We asked about our options for no meat and no dairy, and our server told us about the Chefs Unplugged dinner where you get 4 small plates of the chef's choice that fit within your choice of vegetarian or vegan. We had a beet salad, roasted winter vegetables, an Asian veggie rice (or risotto?) dish and a flatbread with veggies and pears. Everything was great.

I also ordered a selection of vegetable sushi. It was all really good.

Oh, and this was our view.

06d54a129e798f883242fda367a23f9f.jpg

d7bc93438266e9fd5c87d1aff3be3875.jpg