Here are the details on the big gathering. 

These folks are from Clearwater.  Maybe TCD knows them? 

http://clearwater.platoacademy.net/frontpageannounce/allprodadcampingtrip-fortwilderness

It's interesting that they have reserved "community sites".  I wonder how many tents per site management is allowing them?  As many as they cram in?  The cost is $40/tent/night....so obviously more than one per site to cover the costs. 

I hope there aren't any unrelated, unsuspecting campers getting placed in that loop this weekend.  This ain't gonna be quiet. 

Wow that looks like it's going to be bad.

According to the link DIT posted, they plan to have 65 tents.  Will those all be on the 1500 loop?  That's 3.09+ tents per site.  Oh boy.

This is a charter school here in my county.  All Pro Dads is a great organization started by Tony Dungy.  Still, that's too many people in a small loop.

I hope you'll give us some updates Grumpy.

TCD

Sorry, I need to correct my estimate of 3.09+ tents per site.

Since they say that there will be "community sites" for the catering trucks, I will guess that they will use two sites for that purpose.  That means 3.42+ tents per site.

This should not be allowed.

But if you got the cash, Disney will take it.  The guests on 1600 are going to love this.

TCD

Wow that looks like it's going to be bad.

According to the link DIT posted, they plan to have 65 tents.  Will those all be on the 1500 loop?  That's 3.09+ tents per site.  Oh boy.

This is a charter school here in my county.  All Pro Dads is a great organization started by Tony Dungy.  Still, that's too many people in a small loop.

I hope you'll give us some updates Grumpy.

TCD

In October there was a huge church group that took up most of 1600, with "overflow" in a good chunk of 300.  I wonder if this group will end up spilling over to another loop?

Agreed I'd be looking to be in 2000 while this is going on.

...or Key West.   8)

Seems like groups and freeloaders are big problems at FW. With just a little thought and effort by FW management both could be solved quite easily, mostly by a fair and common sense application of the rules.

It is very discouraging when money is so obviously more important than the comfort of their other guests... :(

Couple of things:

This is a school?

Im not sure Id want them teaching my kids.

quote: "Camping will take place in February, from Friday the 15th through Monday the 18th. There is no school on Monday the 18th."

(that's cause there is no Monday the 18th)

Looking at a calendar, their dates are a little off. Proof read much?

Next: Take note of this "We will kick off the camping trip with a Friday evening poolside pizza party and wrap up Monday with an IHOP pancake breakfast."

Wonder if they reserved the whole pool too? If not, avoid the area.

Here are the details on the big gathering. 

These folks are from Clearwater.  Maybe TCD knows them? 

http://clearwater.platoacademy.net/frontpageannounce/allprodadcampingtrip-fortwilderness

It's interesting that they have reserved "community sites".  I wonder how many tents per site management is allowing them?  As many as they cram in?  The cost is $40/tent/night....so obviously more than one per site to cover the costs. 

I hope there aren't any unrelated, unsuspecting campers getting placed in that loop this weekend.  This ain't gonna be quiet. 

At the top of page > posted Sep 28, 2012, 11:28 AM by Sharon Armitage

Maybe this particular notice was for a previous trip?

This is the organization Tony Dungy started and as such I lay odds they will be much better behaved than ya'll think.  I predict no real problems at all.  

It's just a chapter of Tony's group that meets at this particular school.  If Tony was there, I wouldn't worry.  But I'll bet he's not going to be there hanging out at the pool and eating pizza.

TCD