• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it the wood truck.....that does not exist

Hope that doesnt happen, it will take us too long to get there to help.

Havent lost one yet.  Besides urban redevelopment can be a good thing.

Really, you think 6 minutes was a long time? The Fort doesn't have it's own fire dept.

In order to arrive within 6 minutes, the RCID FD had to exceed the speed limit. 

Here at home a response time of over 5 minutes is considered unacceptable.  Response time to our neighborhood is about 2 minutes.

Here at home a response time of over 5 minutes is considered unacceptable.  Response time to our neighborhood is about 2 minutes.

If memory serves, the fire station is located over by the Caribbean resort on Buena Vista. IMO, 6 minutes is pretty impressive. I would've assumed the drive time from there alone would exceed that. 

Wow, love all the arm chair quaterbacks and dispatchers.  Per NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Acceptable response time is within 7 minutes.  When was 911 actually called? was it immediately or was there the norm of let me take pictures because someone else probably called?  Once 911 call was recieved it should take 1 minute to dispatch the call. When the call goes off we have 1 minute to get to out engine, get out gear on, get on the truck, and start rolling, (2 minutes lost right there) once on the road we have to deal with drivers that can not, will not, or just dont care that there is a very large truck with lots of flashing lights behind them, because they are on their cell phone, texting, audtioning for the voice by singing with the song on the radio, shoving a cheeseburger in their mouth, or just making a unpredicted turn in front of on coming traffic because they missed their turn.  Besides all that, was the closer apparatus already commited to another call in thier district causing the incoming engine to respond from the far side of the property?

I'm sorry but 7 minutes is acceptable in my eyes, my issue the tactics used once onscene.

Wouldn't response ti

Wow, love all the arm chair quaterbacks and dispatchers.  Per NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Acceptable response time is within 7 minutes.  When was 911 actually called? was it immediately or was there the norm of let me take pictures because someone else probably called?  Once 911 call was recieved it should take 1 minute to dispatch the call. When the call goes off we have 1 minute to get to out engine, get out gear on, get on the truck, and start rolling, (2 minutes lost right there) once on the road we have to deal with drivers that can not, will not, or just dont care that there is a very large truck with lots of flashing lights behind them, because they are on their cell phone, texting, audtioning for the voice by singing with the song on the radio, shoving a cheeseburger in their mouth, or just making a unpredicted turn in front of on coming traffic because they missed their turn.  Besides all that, was the closer apparatus already commited to another call in thier district causing the incoming engine to respond from the far side of the property?

I'm sorry but 7 minutes is acceptable in my eyes, my issue the tactics used once onscene.

So shouldn't we say that response time is one minute? That's the time it takes you to get rolling. I live just outside of town, about 1.5 miles from our volunteer fire dept. I bet they could get here in a few minutes. But our farm is about 8 miles away on gravel roads. It takes me 15 minutes to get there. I doubt they could get there in 7 minutes.

I'm with you. It sounds like they got there real fast.

Wouldn't response ti

Wow, love all the arm chair quaterbacks and dispatchers. Per NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Acceptable response time is within 7 minutes. When was 911 actually called? was it immediately or was there the norm of let me take pictures because someone else probably called? Once 911 call was recieved it should take 1 minute to dispatch the call. When the call goes off we have 1 minute to get to out engine, get out gear on, get on the truck, and start rolling, (2 minutes lost right there) once on the road we have to deal with drivers that can not, will not, or just dont care that there is a very large truck with lots of flashing lights behind them, because they are on their cell phone, texting, audtioning for the voice by singing with the song on the radio, shoving a cheeseburger in their mouth, or just making a unpredicted turn in front of on coming traffic because they missed their turn. Besides all that, was the closer apparatus already commited to another call in thier district causing the incoming engine to respond from the far side of the property?

I'm not a firefighter and thank you for your service. But I am curious to what you mean by "issue the tactics used"?

Two minutes, that's great. The expense of having a fire station less than 5 minutes away from everyone has to be high though.

Anyway, driving the speed limit, from what I can see, the nearest 2 RCID fire stations are a 7 minute drive from the Fort.

Both are located on Buena Vista Drive. One is across from the Saratoga Springs resort, and the other is across from the Caribbean Beach resort.

Wouldn't response ti

I'm not a firefighter and thank you for your service. But I am curious to what you mean by "issue the tactics used"?

I dont like to throw stones, but out department would have operated differently with out suppression tactics.  But with out knowing what the SOP's are, I will leave it as I have issues with the tactics used.  They may have seeen something that I was not able to only getting one angle of view.

I dont like to throw stones, but out department would have operated differently with out suppression tactics. But with out knowing what the SOP's are, I will leave it as I have issues with the tactics used. They may have seeen something that I was not able to only getting one angle of view.

Thanks. I appreciate what your saying.

If memory serves, the fire station is located over by the Caribbean resort on Buena Vista. IMO, 6 minutes is pretty impressive. I would've assumed the drive time from there alone would exceed that.

Another fire house is over by Sarratoga Springs. OOPS Didn't see Lou's post about locations. Edited by Grumpy and Grandma

Two minutes, that's great. The expense of having a fire station less than 5 minutes away from everyone has to be high though.

Anyway, driving the speed limit, from what I can see, the nearest 2 RCID fire stations are a 7 minute drive from the Fort.

Both are located on Buena Vista Drive. One is across from the Saratoga Springs resort, and the other is across from the Caribbean Beach resort.

I agree, 2 minutes is great. I can get to the houses in the immediate area with in 2 minutes, but our outlying area can have a response time of up to 10 - 15 minutes on a good day.

I agree, 2 minutes is great. I can get to the houses in the immediate area with in 2 minutes, but our outlying area can have a response time of up to 10 - 15 minutes on a good day.

I think your being nice Bill, I have been on some back roads in the area you live I know what they can be like.

I should have mentioned that we only live about a half mile away from our station.  But we do have several other stations in the area within 5 miles of us.  Guess we're fortunate!  But, Lou, I'd never thought about all that expense.  You're right.

Completely agree with Bill.

Response times are in actuality dictated by distance and clueless or rude drivers on the road that I swear give a rats arse about the people at the other end of the emergency vehicle's journey.

They apparently dont care at all about the people in the emergency vehicle either; as many times as I have been cut off by people paying zero attention to their surroundings.

Of course that's not all people but it definitely feels that way sometimes.

On another thread awhile back, DIT stated most people by in large are stupid.

Well I will add to that.

Most people by in large do not pay attention to their surroundings while driving.

Completely agree with Bill.

Response times are in actuality dictated by distance and clueless or rude drivers on the road that I swear give a rats arse about the people at the other end of the emergency vehicle's journey.

They apparently dont care at all about the people in the emergency vehicle either; as many times as I have been cut off by people paying zero attention to their surroundings.

Of course that's not all people but it definitely feels that way sometimes.

On another thread awhile back, DIT stated most people by in large are stupid.

Well I will add to that.

Most people by in large do not pay attention to their surroundings while driving.

Wait you mean other people are using my roads? How dare they. (goes back to singing)

Seriously, what is wrong with people? The more crap I see people doing while driving, the more I never want to leave my house! And hell, that's not even safe, there is always things in the news about cars crashing into houses

Hope that doesnt happen, it will take us too long to get there to help.