Filling in part of the moat around Cinderella's Castle... a sign of more things to come?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Plaza Garden East, but it is the private viewing location for Kanye West, the West family and assorted Kardashians.  

That's a fascinating video there, Jason.    I took the final view from that video and set it side by side with a satellite image from Google.  It's remarkable how much this is going to change that are

People suck.     I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.     It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!     Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor,

Was in MK yesterday, saw the new areas, did not have a need to use them.  My thought is, all that concret is going to be very hot and will keep the area hotter even after dark.   Miss the trees because of their cooling effect, but do like the view of the castle being so open from Main Street.  Guess I can't have everything. :rolleyes: 

My thanks to everyone who has posted pictures of this new "hub" and provided updates on where not to stand and waste fast passes I've decided that if/when we return to MK it will be with a view to avoiding this at all costs.   :rolleyes:   

I'm so sorry to see that beautiful rose garden destroyed.  It was one of the loveliest places in MK to just go and sit and enjoy.     :(

• 1 month later...

This was posted on FB yesterday...

11390184_909389869119855_478859435335592

Parts of Cinderella Castle just made their way down I-4! Really neat to see. Photos & more: http://sparklyeverafter.com/magic-kingdom-turrets-on-i-4/

https://www.facebook.com/SparklyNicole/photos/a.574172255974953.1073741825.158789380846578/909389869119855/?type=1&permPage=1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WDWMagic has posted some new photos...

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago, the popular "Dream Along with Mickey" show started again to be preformed daily in the central hub of the Magic Kingdom Park.

Despite the fact that the show takes place on the Cinderella Castle stage, work continues to take place around it (short walls are still up in front of said stage), and the two castle ramps located on each side of this stage are still taking shape. Come along with us and take a quick look around the park's central hub.

Full article with lots of photos here...

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/08/magic-kingdom-hub-update-rebuilding.html

• 5 weeks later...

Well, this trip has been my first to check out these changes. For me, I really like what they have done. Yesterday I was able to move through the hub while a parade was going on. I was never able to do that before.

While a lot of grass, garden and tree area was lost, I think they have done a good job filling it back in, while leaving the viewing area open enough for their purpose during wishes. I also noticed them using the area in fron of Casey's yesterday for a character meet & greet (Mary Poppins). This new area gave them the space to pull those folks participating off the sidewalks, leaving it clear for people to move past without difficulty.

So far I give them an A.