The TCD Gang Springs Forward at the Fort- A Spring Break 2014 TR

TCD,

I call foul! I was at the Fort when you were and didn't receive a bat letter; I got the time change letter and the electricity letter though. Plus, there's a typo in the letter. Would Disney send out a letter with a typo? I think not!

!

C'ons'ider'ing' the'ir' use of 'apost'ro'phes' a typo would be par'

Lol

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, leave Beckers alone, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's my new favorite Fiend.

I have seen them training docking at the Fort. That provided one of the best photos I've ever taken    

I love Agents of Shield. It's really the only show we watch as a family. They are getting ready to start a 7 episode run to the season finale this week! Can't wait! Off topic but my 10 year old dd is

I'm not convinced the letter isn't an April Fool's joke.  I'm just covering my bases.

I can always count on you, Gwen.

IMG_1525_zpsb9c99dd2.jpg

IMG_1526_zpsaccb5c41.jpg

IMG_1527_zpsd21ac46a.jpg

That is no April's fools joke....That is a pig....at the Fort....on a leash.

Yes, that is a pig.  At the Fort.  On a leash.  Well done.  Excellent photos!  And you posted them perfectly.

Good job!

still figuring out posting pictures!  Not sure why the first one posted and the rest did not! 

I figured it out!  Sorry to interrupt your trip report.

No need to apologize at all.

That was a great addition to this report.  So, thanks!

I was totally believing this, I even read the bat letter to my family in hysterics. Then I got to the part where you got lifetime fast passes for TSM. No freakin way Disney would ever do that. That's where you jumped the shark.

But I have to say, well done :).

You are right.  As I will explain in more detail below, that was the idea- to make it too good to be true.

Yes, I'm a stalker because it is SO difficult to look at the properties of a photo online. I had to dig deeply into my years of training as a forensic auditor for that one.

So you admit it!

I knew it.

J/K. 

I did consider saving that image under a new name and including it in the folder for this trip, but it still wouldn't have been in sequence with my other photos (like the bat letter and TSMM photos), so I let it go.  I wanted to give folks a way to figure out if it was a joke. 

Your calling me out on this prank reminded me of the great water tower prank of '09.  Remember that one?  Good times!

This was not an interruption.  This was an A+ first class hijack of the highest order.  I commend you!   :thewave1:

Agreed.

Anyone with photos of strange critters on leashes at the Fort may interrupt at any time.

What she said.

It's not often you can share photos of a pig on a leash!

I agree with this too.

I have this vague memory of one other pig on a leash sighting.  I think it was Stef.  I tried to find the photo, but so far I haven't.  I wanted to find it to see if it was the same pig.

Bravo sir, your bat letter almost made me lose my mind.  :panic:

I have the Dumbo magnet but it has other dates like the day I can make dining reservations and select FP+s.. So for that it is more helpful.  Or would be if it was not a surprise trip, leaving the book/magnet sitting in a drawer at my sister's house.

I read your TR yesterday and had about 20 things I wanted to comment on but cannot remember now... It has been a very helpful intro to the fort.

Thanks for posting!

That's interesting that you had more information on your magnet than I did.  I wonder if I got mine too close to the check-in date, so the beginning date for dining and FP+ reservations had already passed.  I thought just having the check-in date on there was pretty dumb.

If you can remember any of the 20 things you wanted to comment on, feel free to jump back in later.  Also, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.  The folks here know the Fort, and are happy to give you accurate and helpful information.  That distinguishes this board from other message boards.

Cute little piggy...

It doesn't look so little to me.

Did you happen to get a picture of it flying?

LOL!

That would be something I haven't seen!

TCD

TCD,

You have outdone yourself!! The bat letter was outrageous!! lol!! I was laughing so hard while I was reading it, I couldn't even speak. My husband kept asking me what was so funny. I ended up carrying the laptop over to him for him to read the letter for himself. We both laughed so hard, that as I type this, my sides ache!! Good times!! (I NEEDED a good laugh more than you can imagine. Saw my oncologist last Thursday and while I am sure all is well, it is always a stressful time waiting for all of the test results to come back.)

"Congrats" on that high score!! Woohoo!!! Amazing!!! Plus all of the "gifts"!! Your the man!! As you always say, "its good to be TCD"!!

I had some other comments, but I think all of the laughing has made me forget everything I was going to say. The only thing I remember is that I totally agree with you about Test Track. I like the old version so much better. I also could care less about designing a car.

Thanks for the laughs!!

Heidi

I am glad that I was able to help take your mind off of the oncologist visit.

Thanks for posting and letting me know you laughed at the bat letter.  That made the effort worth it.

Yes, that Toy Story score is amazing.  I've never come close to such a score, and I've never heard of anyone else doing so either.

HappyRedhead.......Betsy,

Thanks for sharing the photos of the pig taking a walk at the Fort! That is not something you see everyday!!

The pig is getting a lot of well deserved love.

Good job, Betsy.

No Aprils fool joke.

We flew from oklahoma to LAX and then to Tahiti. We stayed two nights in Papeete, the capital and then got on a Princess cruise ship and went to Moorea for the day and then went to Bora Bora. Bora Bora is definitely the prettiest place I've ever seen. We left bora bora and went to the equatorial island of Kiribati. My DW, and most of our cruise mates, quit being polliwogs and became Shellbacks. I became a Shellback years ago while in the navy. It was a lot more fun on the cruise ship.

We the. Cruised the four major islands of Hawaii and then flew back to reality In Oklahoma.

Very cool.

My brother once sent me a video of what I believe was a Shellback ceremony on one of the aircraft carriers he served on.  Very interesting tradition.  It looked like fun to me.

That trip to Tahiti and Hawaii sounds awesome.  I would love to visit Hawaii on a cruise.

TCD,

I call foul!  I was at the Fort when you were and didn't receive a bat letter; I got the time change letter and the electricity letter though.  Plus, there's a typo in the letter.  Would Disney send out a letter with a typo?  I think not!

But I must commend you on your excellent, elaborate ruse!  Well done!  I do admit that you had me going for a while.

Ah yes, the electricity letter.  It was the inspiration for the bat letter.  You may have recognized some of the verbiage.  Did you read that electricity letter carefully?  Did you ever wonder why you got it?

I just re-read the bat letter, and see no typo.  Were you trying to fool me with that statement?  If so, well played. But, you raise a good issue.  I should have included a couple of typos to make it more realistic.

A) You're a jackass.

2. That was an awful lot of work for an April Fool's joke.

3. You showed your cards by trying to swerve us with the water wagon joke and then the bat letter just a few paragraphs later. You planted "April Fools!" in people's heads. I see your strategy, though: Insert a diversionary April Fools joke to hopefully distract from the real one.

4. The specimen bags were a jump the shark moment.

5. Still, outstandingly well played! That bat letter was frickin' hilarious.

6. Hey, wait a minute...where will the bats come from? Local bats? Did they just build the local bats a "better" home?

7. Why don't the bats use the bus stops as a bat house? I once had a bat use my collapsed patio umbrella as a bat house. Mrs. Troll freaked and wanted to move.

Glad to know you're still reading, Norm.

I will take you calling me a jackass as a high compliment (like when Mike Wozowski tells me I stink), so thank you.

What's with the numbered list?  Should we start calling you the Rusty Troll?

You are correct about my April Fool's strategy.  I was trying to come up with a prank, and thought of the River Country wagon one first.  But, then I thought some folks wouldn't get that.  Then I thought of the letter.  I kept adding to it until I think it ended up being too wordy, but I left it.  Then I figured I might as well add the Toy Story prank too- just to make it fun.

Seriously, though, getting back to the bats.  That bat house is huge!  I don't know where the bats are supposed to come from.  There can't possibly be that many living in those small bat houses around the Fort.

I wish there was a video of you opening the patio umbrella and the bat flying out.  That would be so AMAZING!

C'ons'ider'ing' the'ir' use of 'apost'ro'phes' a typo would be par'

Lol

Well played, Beckers.

Very good!

TCD

I will admit that I believed the wagon one.  I even thought the bat letter could be true even in it's hilarity because, well, it's Disney.  But I knew that the TSM lifetime FP was fake because that type of dream come true just isn't what Disney is about.  And then I began to question even the part about the MB opening the comfort station.

Good job, though.  I love April Fools jokes that are funny and not embarrassing. Most people seem to go for the latter. 

And add me to those loving the pig on a leash photos. Now that's something you just don't see every day.

I will admit that I believed the wagon one.  I even thought the bat letter could be true even in it's hilarity because, well, it's Disney.  But I knew that the TSM lifetime FP was fake because that type of dream come true just isn't what Disney is about.  And then I began to question even the part about the MB opening the comfort station.

Good job, though.  I love April Fools jokes that are funny and not embarrassing. Most people seem to go for the latter. 

And add me to those loving the pig on a leash photos. Now that's something you just don't see every day.

Good to know you got fooled a little.

You're right about the lifetime FP- no way would Disney give out something like that.  Especially for just maxing out the score on a ride. 

I love April Fool's jokes too.  So I couldn't help myself.

TCD

Before we move on, let me clear up all the April Fools pranks from the last update.

As Troll noted, my plan was to mix in some real TR photos with the fake ones, and make everyone question what was real and what was fake.

So, as DIT correctly pointed out, the first prank was the River Country wagon showing back up behind the Settlement Trading Post.  That was easy enough. I used a photo from 2011.  Since, I had already posted photos of that poor forgotten covered wagon back there, that one was easy enough.  And, Beckers and Devores were absolutely right to point out that there is no way that the wagon moving could have actually happened and I didn't go out there and take photos and speak to the CM's.  Of course I would have.

But, that by itself wasn't a good enough prank.  I needed something more.

There actually was a second batch of letters delivered to the sites on Monday morning, and I have the actual photo of that letter to share.  I figured I would just change the text on the letter to something strange and post that.  But, because of the angle of the photo and the lighting, I couldn't get it to look right.  So, I actually made that bat letter.  The whole thing.  I hope everyone appreciates the effort.  Then, this past weekend, I parked the truck under a tree, put the letter on the windshield, and took the photos I posted.  That gave me the trees reflecting in the glass look I was trying for.  I tried to make the letter sound like something that the Front Desk would send out, but I wanted to include some stupid things in there like telling guests to retract their awnings and stay inside.  Okieatheart says there's a typo in the letter, but I don't see it.  It looks like at least one Fiend is willing to admit she fell for the prank.

Then I figured I might as well go big or go home and add something more.  Enter the fake Toy Story scores.  I did not go to Hollywood Studios just to ride Toy Story.  The photo of the scores is the same one I posted earlier in this report. I just cut and pasted some 9's in different places.  Anyone who is familiar with the ride should have picked up on the fact that the image on the animal on the screen showing the scores wasn't right.  The animal image changes with the level of the score.  And Devores is right- the magic FP looks like the new AP discount cards, because that's what it is- I just added the very fake looking lettering.  Seals is right that there's no way Disney would ever give out a lifetime FP for anything.  The pin set image was from a set of pins someone was trying to sell on eBay.

The other stuff in that last update was real.  The photos of the Dumbo magnet, and the MB's not working on the comfort station- that's all true.  I included that inane stuff so it would read like a typical TCD TR entry.

So, there you go.

Now you know.

Not as good as Musket Mickey on the water tower, or the River Country panther, but still a solid effort.

TCD

I give you props just because you took the time to think out the whole letter thing. Typing it out and thinking it through enough to find a place to park so you get trees in the reflection.....kudos.

The bat letter was the best Fort Fiend/TCD April Fools ever. Very elaborate and well executed. You just showed your cards with the specimen bags. Considering the litigious nature of America, you KNOW Disney would never encourage guests to do anything like that. Everything else, though, could fly. The part about if you get bitten, go to the closest medical facility; retract your awnings at night; bats making nests at bus stops...all believable. I could see some nitwit writing up a letter like that.

I mean, think about it, the bat house itself is a nitwit decision. Why do we need bats? To eat mosquitos? Isn't that what pesticide is for? And if we need bats, why build the bat house at the Fort? Why not just further on down the Old Swamp Trail, where no one goes? Is the bat house intended to be an attraction?

Bats! We have bats! Come see bats!

And after you're done with your Magical Bat Viewing, be sure to get your limited edition Vinylmation Bat Collection! And we also have Buffy the Bat, the new Disney character/stuffed animal for sale! Get yours now!

I give you props just because you took the time to think out the whole letter thing. Typing it out and thinking it through enough to find a place to park so you get trees in the reflection.....kudos.

Not to mention the letterhead.

First rate execution. Thank you, Andrew, for making this place fun.

31014008_zps745ac54a.jpg

Paragraph 3, fifth word - "to" should read "the."  I apologize for pointing this out, but it was my first clue that something was amiss.  Thank you for typing up that letter, placing it under your windshield, parking it under trees, taking a picture of it and posting it here.  Awesome effort just to make us laugh!  

Paragraph 3, fifth word - "to" should read "the."  I apologize for pointing this out, but it was my first clue that something was amiss.  Thank you for typing up that letter, placing it under your windshield, parking it under trees, taking a picture of it and posting it here.  Awesome effort just to make us laugh!  

I hate to say it, but this typo does not give it away. Yes, its a typo, but working for Disney you get to see allot of memos from them. And 90% of them have typos, misspellings, miss used words, etc. Think about it, that memo is written by some kid with barely a high school education proof read by someone who barely graduated college and posted by a college drop out. Im surprised there aren't more typos.

Thanks, Dave.

The goal was to make it just believable enough to make people question it. 

The bat letter was the best Fort Fiend/TCD April Fools ever. Very elaborate and well executed. You just showed your cards with the specimen bags. Considering the litigious nature of America, you KNOW Disney would never encourage guests to do anything like that. Everything else, though, could fly. The part about if you get bitten, go to the closest medical facility; retract your awnings at night; bats making nests at bus stops...all believable. I could see some nitwit writing up a letter like that.

I mean, think about it, the bat house itself is a nitwit decision. Why do we need bats? To eat mosquitos? Isn't that what pesticide is for? And if we need bats, why build the bat house at the Fort? Why not just further on down the Old Swamp Trail, where no one goes? Is the bat house intended to be an attraction?

Bats! We have bats! Come see bats!

And after you're done with your Magical Bat Viewing, be sure to get your limited edition Vinylmation Bat Collection! And we also have Buffy the Bat, the new Disney character/stuffed animal for sale! Get yours now!

Thank you, sir.

And, I agree with you about the bat house.  Why there?  Why now?  There are plenty of other places they could have built it where guests would never see it or bother it.   It will be interesting to see if bats ever move in, and what happens when they do.

Maybe Disney is going to buy the Bat Man franchise?

Not to mention the letterhead.

First rate execution. Thank you, Andrew, for making this place fun.

Thanks.  What makes if fun is the back and forth.  So thanks for joining in.  Don't be a stranger.

There are a lot of Troll fans here.

Good job.  I didn't catch it even when I re-read it.  And, I hate typos! 

Seriously, though, a typo or misplaced apostrophe or two would not surprise me in the least coming from Disney.

You are too new to remember one of my favorites.

From the TCD archives:

ThanksgivingFW2008365.jpg

Do you see where it says that you can refill your mug at the Meadows Snake Bar?

And how breakfast apparently was available continuously from 7:30 am to 11:30 pm?  (even though Trail's End always closes by 10 at the latest?)

That notice was posted at Trail's End back in December, 2008.

And you thought substituting "to" for "the" was a give away?

As Devores says below, you could devote an entire site to posting photos of typos and mistakes in Disney's written communications.

You deserve a cinnamon roll for your effort!

Thank you.

I wish I could have one from the Main Street Bakery.

Hey, that gives me an idea for next year.

I hate to say it, but this typo does not give it away. Yes, its a typo, but working for Disney you get to see allot of memos from them. And 90% of them have typos, misspellings, miss used words, etc. Think about it, that memo is written by some kid with barely a high school education proof read by someone who barely graduated college and posted by a college drop out. Im surprised there aren't more typos.

Well said.

And entirely true!

It's rare to not find a goof in the stuff Disney distributes.

TCD

Do you think there is some sort of funding or grant involved with the BABH?

That could be.

I haven't seen any kind of announcement about it anywhere.

If it wasn't for this site, nobody would even know what it was or that it was even there.

While I may have fallen for your "there was a Florida Panther in River Country" prank, I did not fall for the bat letter. Ok, well maybe for half a second...

Half a second is better than nothing.

That River Country Panther is hard to beat.

TCD

As much as I would like to continue with the current discussion of how great I am, it is time to get this TR back on track and move on.

It's getting old.

First, a bit of a backpedal.  Do you remember this photo I posted from the AoA resort?  (I hope you do, it was just a couple of days ago) :

aoalightfixture_zps7aa0dbc2.jpg

The Disney Parks Blog just posted a link to a video titled Ten Things You Didn't Know About Disney's Art of Animation Resort.  You can view it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu50rdWrPjY

One of the ten things is about that chandelier.  The narrator says that there are original signed sketches included in that chandelier from the directors of each of the movies represented by sections at the resort.  I knew that there was a sketch in  there signed by John Lasseter ,and another signed by the lady who provided Ariel's signing voice in the movie, but not about the other directors.  I guess it must be true, since it's in that video, but that's the first I heard of the other signed pieces.  I'll have to look for them next time.  The other nine things, I knew.

Now, we will pedal ahead to Monday morning, March 10.  There were deliveries made during the night, and I did wake up kind of early, but there was no mad dash to Hollywood Studios.  I had to get packed up, but first I began with my regular morning rounds around the Fort.

Which means for the fourth morning in a row, I was here:

3614759_zps9afe1d21.jpg

I kind of had to force myself to go there that fourth morning.  I had already been the previous three.  But, I didn't want to miss the opportunity.  I don't have the opportunity to be on the shores of beautiful Bay Lake most of the mornings in my life, so I didn't want to waste the opportunity when I could be there.

Since I was in the area, here's another BABH photo for you.  I was 4 for 4 on BABH morning shots too:

3614760_zps3bf8e643.jpg

I did a little early morning looping, and enjoyed the feeling of having the Fort all to myself:

3614761_zps7cf36370.jpg

I also did some spiking that morning.

I stopped by to see Spinner and his family on the 1400 loop.  He doesn't post much, but he's a Fiend and he posted his site number, so he got a personal visit from TCD and a genuine FWRR spike.  Mrs. Spinner wasn't impressed.  They were trying to get to the MK for rope drop.  So, the visit was brief.  Spinner had come all the way from Minnesota.  I'll bet he was loving the Fort weather.

Next stop was the 900 loop, where I spiked the Happy RedHead.  She was even happy in the morning.  I got to chat with Mr. Happy RedHead too.  And, I was jealous that they still had another week left at the Fort.  Nice to meet, you Betsy!

Then, I had to stop at the Meadow Trading Post to return my cable kit:

3614762_zpsc4aa035a.jpg

I wonder how many people know that train tracks used to pass right in front of the Trading Post, and that the FWRR came right to the front door?:

3614763_zps161d3e99.jpg

Next stop was going to be the 700 loop, where I hoped to meet up with Okieatheart.

But first, I had to get my site 617 photos.  I almost forgot:

3614764_zps38ae8813.jpg

These folks put all that room they had behind their RV to good use by using it for their drying rack:

3614765_zps911c70ce.jpg

I looped around the 700 loop, and stopped at Okieatheart's site.  It appeared that no one was home.  Or everyone was still asleep.  So, I left the spike and a note, and continued on.

There was another Fiend, Classact, someplace on the 700 loop, but at this point, he had not posted his site number, and he had no sign.  So, he got no spike.  Sorry.  But, what could I do.

There were letters plastered on the cars in the 700 loop:

3614766_zps126fc2d7.jpg

But why?

The letter lists the affected loops.  And 700 isn't one of them.  So, why did they get the letter?

You tell me.

It was almost 9 am at this point.  I needed to make a phone call, and then go and get the girls up.

I stopped here:

3614767_zps4531a490.jpg

I love those phones in a barrel.

I think this is unique to the 100/200 loop comfort station, though.

And, did you notice there isn't a pay phone?

I don't think there are any pay phones left at the Fort.

And you know what else is gone?

Those newspaper vending machines.

They're all gone now.

No more USA Today.

I didn't need the pay phone. I wanted to use the house phone.  I looked for the number I needed on the directory:

3614768_zps78e998fc.jpg

I wanted to call the front desk.

So I dialed the two digits from the directory.

And, I was connected to someone who was probably in New Jersey.

She asked me what I wanted.

I said I'd like to have a late check out please.

She said she'd have to have someone call me back, and was about to hang up.

I asked her if it would help that person to call me if she took my name and number?

Good idea, she said.

Sigh.

Do you know about late check-out?

It's a TCD secret.  I learned it from someone else. If you call and ask, you can sometimes get permission to stay on your site until 1 pm.  That is never possible during busy times-they need your site. But, this was a Monday, and there were lots of open sites around, so I thought my chances were good.  Until I got that unhelpful phone CM that is.

Oh well, I figured maybe someone would call.  And, at least the answer wasn't "no" right away.  So, I headed back to camp, and got the girls going.  They had Twin #2's car, and their plan was to head over to the MK after they got up and going. They would eat lunch there, and stay for the second ever performance of the Festival of Fantasy parade, and then head home.  I was going to stay back and pack up, and maybe join them.  Or maybe head home.  I wasn't sure at the time.

While the girls were getting ready and getting their stuff packed, I did some looping.  This set-up was a couple of sites down from me on the 100 loop.  There was one group in that trailer who packed up and left the day before, and then another group showed up later in the day and hung up this Clemson stuff.  I wonder if this is a trailer that someone has set up and rents out?:

3614769_zps035ab4e8.jpg

I took that photo to remind me to check on that site the next time I visited the Fort, but I haven't been back since, so I may have waited too long.

One thing I didn't get to do enough of on this trip since our site was where it was, was drive on the path of awesomeness.  I decided to pay it a visit this morning:

3614770_zps1fb47ef0.jpg

3614771_zpsb91c8c7d.jpg

I just love this sign:

3614772_zpsed4f193e.jpg

I headed over to Trail's End for a top off on my coffee, and took this shot of the chandelier on the porch and Ms. Josie's back:

3614773_zps8f6e2606.jpg

This being a Monday morning, it was pretty much dead around Pioneer Hall. There was just one group of kids playing out in the road. They were the new occupants of the site across from me on the loop, and they spoke French.  Their RV was a Cruise Canada rental.  I guess they were from Quebec:

3614774_zps76e4fffb.jpg

That's pretty cool to think that those kids live in another country and speak another language, but here they are having a blast at the Fort.

This is the future River Country DVC parking lot:

3614775_zps592f18a3.jpg

And here's a look back toward Trail's End and the Quebec kids:

3614776_zps40bd30c9.jpg

The girls finally got packed up and on their way, and I got busy with the packing.

I still hadn't heard about the late check-out.

But, when the loop attendant came around, I said good morning to him, and let him know that I had asked for late check-out,  He said no problem, he would check on my site last, and it was fine with him.

Good enough for me.

At some point in the packing process, I took a break at the picnic table, and looked over toward Trail's End, and noticed that I could see the porch:

3614777_zpsda4d0202.jpg

Look closer:

tefrom114_zps04b54bc7.jpg

I packed some more.

And, eventually, I was done.

But, I had time for a last loop around the Fort.

First, I needed some soda.  So, I topped off my mug at Trail's End.

I saw this "house divided" golf cart parked there.  Tennessee and Florida.  Stinks for the Tennessee half of that deal:

3614779_zpsc92e488b.jpg

I headed down to Clementine's Beach for a last look:

3614780_zpscdf71010.jpg

It sure was a beautiful day.  There were places in America being clobbered with snow on March 10th, but here's a lady sunning:

3614781_zpsf341e7c6.jpg

The sky was cool today:

3614782_zpsbfe061e3.jpg

Then, I needed to loop around the whole campground one last time.  Here's my favorite swamp:

3614783_zps4575e235.jpg

And, there's the 1500 loop:

3614784_zpscd45d8b4.jpg

What a great day to canoe:

3614786_zpsac67bdae.jpg

And, there's that sky again:

3614787_zpsdfca83ef.jpg

Oops.

That's the 30th photo for this update.

We'll finish the loop in my next update.

And, then I'll be heading home.

TCD

Okay, when I was reading the bat letter, i was at first fooled.  In fact, i thought how stupid it was for Disney to tell people how to dispose of dead bats.  The stay in your campers at night rang an alarm bell for me, so at that point, I decided the letter was a fake.

I believed your high score for a time, but not the goodies you supposedly received for scoring it.  

Then I started to doubt the score.

Then I doubted the whole update.

Okay, when I was reading the bat letter, i was at first fooled.  In fact, i thought how stupid it was for Disney to tell people how to dispose of dead bats.  The stay in your campers at night rang an alarm bell for me, so at that point, I decided the letter was a fake.

I believed your high score for a time, but not the goodies you supposedly received for scoring it.  

Hook, Line, and Sinker.  I fell for the whole thing.  I questioned it, but hey if TCD reports it....it's got to be true...right???  Oh well, I redeemed myself with the pig......and got my first hijack...

Perfect!

That's how I wanted it to go.  I wanted everyone to have a little doubt, and then a lot.

Parts of the update were true, though.

Things that dont suck:

Early morning Fort pics

River Country Panther references

April Fools Jokes

Sunny days

Warm weather

Pics of RC wagon even when they're BS

Thanks.

Good list.

Hook, Line, and Sinker.  I fell for the whole thing.  I questioned it, but hey if TCD reports it....it's got to be true...right???  Oh well, I redeemed myself with the pig......and got my first hijack...

Listen to what Gwen says, below.

I cannot be trusted.

I vow not to believe anything TCD says on April 1 again.

You are a slow learner. ;)

We'll see how it goes next year.

TCD

See now I like the letter about the bats. Of course for a complete mischievous and evil plan. Everyone is saying how hard it is to get a site now days especially around the holidays. I say we get the letter out there and scare off potential campers. Then voilà the sites open up for the Fiends.