The TCD Gang Springs Forward at the Fort- A Spring Break 2014 TR

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, leave Beckers alone, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's my new favorite Fiend.

I have seen them training docking at the Fort. That provided one of the best photos I've ever taken    

I love Agents of Shield. It's really the only show we watch as a family. They are getting ready to start a 7 episode run to the season finale this week! Can't wait! Off topic but my 10 year old dd is

And I am willing to bet if he saw wagon commotion he would have been out there asking the CM for details.

TCD needs more work on his Aprils Fools jokes. The fiends are pretty clever. He should know better than to try and pull one (or a few) over on us.

And I agree, the fallacy in all of that is that TCD heard the ruckus and didn't go running over there to take pictures.

We were there that morning you received the letter. We didn't get one! I also never saw a bat....and we were there for another week. I did see an alligator. Last year I saw a pig on a leash.

I feel as we may be getting punk'd.....

Nope.

It's true!

I really did get a Dumbo magnet.

I know it's hard to believe.

That super secret FP for TSM looks allot like the AP discount card that was sent out not long ago.

You're right it does.

It must have been printed by the same vendor.

Which reinforces the fact that it's completely legitimate and real.

Bats and "Magical" in the same letter ... Disney sure knows how to kill the magic.  

If I encounter a dead bat, I won't be disposing of it.  I'll call the front desk!

And retracting awnings?  Since we have an electric awning, it's no problem for us.  But I remember when we had the TT.  It took nearly an hour to set up the awning, get it properly tied down, put the lights on it, etc.  Clearly whoever wrote that letter has no clue.

Thank you, Gwen, for taking this important post seriously.

You're right.  There is no way that I can simply retract my awning.  It's a major ordeal when the camper is popped up.

And can you believe that they would ask guests to pick up dead bats?   That whole letter is really something!

:rofl2:

What are you laughing at?

You think it's funny that my Magic Band wouldn't open the comfort station?

Andrew, why is that photo of the RC Wagon in your Spring Break 2011 Photobucket folder? 

What are you, Columbo, now?

You're checking what folder my photos come from.

Stalker.

How am I supposed to know?

There must be an explanation.

I'll go with Photobucket error.

And I am willing to bet if he saw wagon commotion he would have been out there asking the CM for details.

That is a good point.

Would you believe that I was tired?

TCD needs more work on his Aprils Fools jokes. The fiends are pretty clever. He should know better than to try and pull one (or a few) over on us.

And I agree, the fallacy in all of that is that TCD heard the ruckus and didn't go running over there to take pictures.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.  What jokes?  What pulling one over?

Do you really think I would bother leaving my camper just to take some photos of some old wagons?

Me?

Come on.

We were there that morning you received the letter. We didn't get one! I also never saw a bat....and we were there for another week. I did see an alligator. Last year I saw a pig on a leash.

I am sure there's a perfectly good explanation for why you didn't receive your bat letter.  Maybe it was stolen?

You may not have seen a bat because you were confined to your camping unit with your awning retracted.

I believe you saw an alligator.  Did you know that alligators eat bats?

I am not sure about the pig on a leash.  That's an April Fool's joke, right?

TCD

Love the reference! It is my family's favorite show, esp. now that Psych is over.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

I'm pretty sure we didn't have a digital camera back then so it'll take a while to find the honeymoon pictures. From Tahiti. I'm sorry to say even back then the rooms over the water were expensive. So we don't have any pictures from one of those rooms but I might have a picture of them.

Thank you, Gwen, for taking this important post seriously.

You're right.  There is no way that I can simply retract my awning.  It's a major ordeal when the camper is popped up.

And can you believe that they would ask guests to pick up dead bats?   That whole letter is really something!

I'm not convinced the letter isn't an April Fool's joke.  I'm just covering my bases.

The last line of your post somehow got deleted. Lucky for you, I was able to recover it:  

And then I woke up.

TCD

I'm confused.

What does your having been asleep and then waking up have to do with this trip report?

I'm pretty sure we didn't have a digital camera back then so it'll take a while to find the honeymoon pictures. From Tahiti. I'm sorry to say even back then the rooms over the water were expensive. So we don't have any pictures from one of those rooms but I might have a picture of them.

So, was it an April Fool's joke that you went to Tahiti on your honeymoon?

I've never seen Iron Man. Or any Marvel movie.

I grew up with the originals and I don't like remakes.

This seems highly suspicious.

These Avenger movies set all kinds of box office records, and now all the men around her deny ever having seen any of them.

You're just scared I'm going to call you a nerd, right?

It's OK to be a nerd, Ray.

Look at that video Marty posted if you don't believe me.

I wonder if your new handy dandy forever fastpass would be good at all the new attractions in the 5th park....

That's crazy talk.

It says right on there that it's just for Toy Story Midway Mania.

I wish it would work at the 5th park!

TCD

I was totally believing this, I even read the bat letter to my family in hysterics. Then I got to the part where you got lifetime fast passes for TSM. No freakin way Disney would ever do that. That's where you jumped the shark.

But I have to say, well done :).

Bravo sir, your bat letter almost made me lose my mind.  :panic:

I have the Dumbo magnet but it has other dates like the day I can make dining reservations and select FP+s.. So for that it is more helpful.  Or would be if it was not a surprise trip, leaving the book/magnet sitting in a drawer at my sister's house.

I read your TR yesterday and had about 20 things I wanted to comment on but cannot remember now... It has been a very helpful intro to the fort.

TCD,

You have outdone yourself!! The bat letter was outrageous!! lol!! I was laughing so hard while I was reading it, I couldn't even speak. My husband kept asking me what was so funny. I ended up carrying the laptop over to him for him to read the letter for himself. We both laughed so hard, that as I type this, my sides ache!! Good times!! (I NEEDED a good laugh more than you can imagine. Saw my oncologist last Thursday and while I am sure all is well, it is always a stressful time waiting for all of the test results to come back.)

"Congrats" on that high score!! Woohoo!!! Amazing!!! Plus all of the "gifts"!! Your the man!! As you always say, "its good to be TCD"!!

I had some other comments, but I think all of the laughing has made me forget everything I was going to say. The only thing I remember is that I totally agree with you about Test Track. I like the old version so much better. I also could care less about designing a car.

Thanks for the laughs!!

Heidi

No Aprils fool joke.

We flew from oklahoma to LAX and then to Tahiti. We stayed two nights in Papeete, the capital and then got on a Princess cruise ship and went to Moorea for the day and then went to Bora Bora. Bora Bora is definitely the prettiest place I've ever seen. We left bora bora and went to the equatorial island of Kiribati. My DW, and most of our cruise mates, quit being polliwogs and became Shellbacks. I became a Shellback years ago while in the navy. It was a lot more fun on the cruise ship.

We the. Cruised the four major islands of Hawaii and then flew back to reality In Oklahoma.

TCD,

I call foul!  I was at the Fort when you were and didn't receive a bat letter; I got the time change letter and the electricity letter though.  Plus, there's a typo in the letter.  Would Disney send out a letter with a typo?  I think not!

But I must commend you on your excellent, elaborate ruse!  Well done!  I do admit that you had me going for a while.

Ray,

What a fabulous trip!  How in the world could you go back to Oklahoma (even though we love it) after being in Bora Bora?  That had to be major culture shock!

A) You're a jackass.

2. That was an awful lot of work for an April Fool's joke.

3. You showed your cards by trying to swerve us with the water wagon joke and then the bat letter just a few paragraphs later. You planted "April Fools!" in people's heads. I see your strategy, though: Insert a diversionary April Fools joke to hopefully distract from the real one.

4. The specimen bags were a jump the shark moment.

5. Still, outstandingly well played! That bat letter was frickin' hilarious.

6. Hey, wait a minute...where will the bats come from? Local bats? Did they just build the local bats a "better" home?

7. Why don't the bats use the bus stops as a bat house? I once had a bat use my collapsed patio umbrella as a bat house. Mrs. Troll freaked and wanted to move.