The TCD Gang Springs Forward at the Fort- A Spring Break 2014 TR

Glad you made it to BOG in time.

We still haven't been.

We have rezzies for June (dinner). But since you can get FP+ for lunch now we might do that. Or both.

Which do you prefer?

As far as site 114 at Christmas... I hope to bring my yard decorations with me when we retire. All 36 inflatables and 50,000 lights and accessories. Lol. I hope there's enough electricity.

I prefer lunch, mainly because it's so much less expensive than dinner.  No beer or wine at lunch, though. 

If you can get a lunch FP+, it's definitely worth going.  Heck, even if you can't get a FP+, it's worth roasting on the bridge.  I've done it, and will again.

I would never mess with that many inflatables.  There is such a thing as too much.  But, if that's what floats your boat, have at it.  You can compete with the 1600 loop people.

Parades SMB. 

But I secretly think this one looks pretty cool. 

This parade does not SMB.

At all.

Deal.

And I can't remember saying this in the past and actually meaning it but, go gata. Like go away you little baby gator and leave me be :) Wow, feels strange to utter those words and it not be sarcastic.

Impatiently waiting for parade pics....

It is a good day when a Tennessean says Go Gata.

But the Vols B-Ball team is in the sweet 16 this year.  That's sweet.

I don't think you can say Go Gata and not be a little sarcastic.

Boo to the rude stroller mom. 

I'm so glad that FP+ worked out for you at BOG! See, more people should read my trip reports. There's some good info there! I'm also glad you liked the roast beef sandwich. I'm hungry so the picture of it made my mouth water.

Heals in the MK would SMB! 

I can't wait for parade pictures! 

Rude stroller mom.  That may be redundant.  I wasn't surprised.  I have discovered that stroller size and manners are inversely proportional.  Check it out for yourself the next time you're there.  It's true!

Thanks again for the two BOG tips from your TR- the FP+ one and the Roast Beef Sandwich one.  You are right- more people should read your trip reports!  I am glad that I have!

I probably won't ever find out if heels in the MK SMB.  I have no heels, and no plans on acquiring any.

The parade photos are being carefully reviewed and selected.  I'm going to limit it to two posts - 60 total photos.   I have many more than that.  There is a lot to take in.

If you look carefully at the picture of the ceiling at BOG restaurant, you can see the cherubs who were modeled after Bobby and myself. I cannot explain why they are looking fondly at each other and holding hands, as I don't swing that way.

I haven't noticed those two cherubs. 

Thanks for the warning, though, I will avert my eyes from now on.

I have always wondered about the true nature of your relationship with Bobby.  He does seem to visit you a lot.  And we don't hear about FortWildernessGirl being around.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Agreed.

No judging here.

I was at BOG with my 3 daughters the week after you were there and it appears we sat at the same table you did. We went for dinner, though. I was nervous after reading mixed reviews but we agreed it was the best meal of the trip. I actually had a fast pass for lunch there two days later as well but we decided to let it go. We had reservations for the GF tea later that day and opted to stick with that instead (I know how some of you fiend men just love the tea, ha!)

That's funny we had the same table.  I like sitting there.

Glad you liked the dinner.  The lunch is great too.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of tea.  Except Sweet Tea.  This is America!  But if females want to drink it, I understand. Men should not partake, though.

True.  At the same time, seeing it like that reminds me that it will left to rot and then it won't be there...and that will SMB.

Be Our Guest is something I'd enjoy.  Maybe we can do it this year if we're not broke as joke by the time we get there.

Averting my eyes.  I want to be surprised about the Festival of Fantasy Parade.    I am pro-parade.  Especially new ones I have never seen before.

I hope you can at least swing a BOG lunch.  It's almost as nice as dinner.  And a lot less expensive.

I will try to get all the parade photos posted tomorrow.  So just avert your eyes for one day, and then you can come back.

It was definitely part of the fun for us to be surprised by some of the things we saw.  We had seen photos of the floats, but there were details that we didn't know about.  It was neat to be able to be in the first group that saw the parade.

Lunch is fairly reasonable. I actually enjoyed my lunch better than my last dinner. But my first dinner was AMAZING. 

Agreed.  Lunch is reasonable, by Disney standards.  And the food quality and atmosphere make it the nicest quick serve venue anywhere on property.  Period.

We've only done dinner once.  My oldest daughter missed that.  We will get back for dinner at some point, but I'm not rushing.

TCD

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, leave Beckers alone, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's my new favorite Fiend.

I have seen them training docking at the Fort. That provided one of the best photos I've ever taken    

I love Agents of Shield. It's really the only show we watch as a family. They are getting ready to start a 7 episode run to the season finale this week! Can't wait! Off topic but my 10 year old dd is

I am on the fence about seeing parade photos.  I will probably look.  But I might not.  I hate decisions!

My daughter went to BOG for lunch in Jan.  Her traveling companion saw the line and thought they should go elsewhere, but dd insisted they wait.  Her friend was very glad they did!  Only regret is they didn't try the grey stuff. LOL

Thanks for this TR.  I am really enjoying it!

Thanks for the shout out TCD, it was a pleasure meeting you also!

I also read GaDawgFan's trip report and used the link for Be Our Guest fast passes. My experience was the same as yours, easy in and great food. We got there shortly after you did apparently. It was my mothers 70th birthday so we all split a Grey Stuff cupcake. Wish I had one now.

We didn't see the parade that day, we waited until Friday. My oldest son got to watch it twice.....in the same day.

TCD does more and sees more at the Fort than most anyone else and reports on it. I was wondering today has anyone done anything TCD has not done and reported on.  I might have one that I don't remember anyone reporting on. Early one morning DW, GKs and myself caught a ride to MK in a Lake Patrol Boat. Anyone else ever caught a ride with ranger in small boat.

Still havent tried BOG.....likely will for lunch if we can get a FP+.

Probably going to skip your parade updates.....thanks for the spoiler alert.

You need to go even if you don't get a FP+.  The standby line moves quickly.  It's the best quick serve restaurant in all of WDW.

The parade photos are coming today.  So go away and come back tomorrow. 

Also, you're probably shivering your butt off today, so all the blue sky and sun in those photos would make you feel bad.

Finally caught up! 

Can't wait to see your pics of the new parade!

Hello!  Nice to know you're following along and caught up.

The parade photos are coming right up.

I am on the fence about seeing parade photos.  I will probably look.  But I might not.  I hate decisions!

My daughter went to BOG for lunch in Jan.  Her traveling companion saw the line and thought they should go elsewhere, but dd insisted they wait.  Her friend was very glad they did!  Only regret is they didn't try the grey stuff. LOL

Thanks for this TR.  I am really enjoying it!

I'm glad your daughter insisted on waiting in that BOG line.  We have waited in the line when it has been all the way across the bridge and around the corner half-way to Gaston's Tavern.  Even then, it was less than a 30 minute wait.  After that, you're guaranteed a place to sit, and your food will be delivered to your table soon.  It's worth the wait.  Much better than fighting your way through the lines and trying to find a table in one of the other quick serves on a busy day.

Don't be so sure. Amy Farrah fowler felt the same way.

You got me, Fred.

I had to use the Google to find out who your were talking about.  I've never seen the Big Bang Theory.  Not once.

I also read GaDawgFan's trip report and used the link for Be Our Guest fast passes. My experience was the same as yours, easy in and great food. We got there shortly after you did apparently. It was my mothers 70th birthday so we all split a Grey Stuff cupcake. Wish I had one now.

We didn't see the parade that day, we waited until Friday. My oldest son got to watch it twice.....in the same day.

I didn't know y'all were following us to BOG!  Glad you got to try it.  And, I didn't know it was your mom's birthday!

How did your son get to watch it twice in one day?  Were there two performances on Friday?

TCD does more and sees more at the Fort than most anyone else and reports on it. I was wondering today has anyone done anything TCD has not done and reported on.  I might have one that I don't remember anyone reporting on. Early one morning DW, GKs and myself caught a ride to MK in a Lake Patrol Boat. Anyone else ever caught a ride with ranger in small boat.

You got me.

There are certainly things I haven't done, and this is one of them.

I'd like to hear more about this if you want to share.  I'll bet that's a trip you won't forget.

TCD

That GDF is a smart lady who reads way too many Disney sites.

I hope that you are ready for some Festival of Fantasy parade photos.

Because here they come!

I picked 60 to share.  So 30 in this update, and 30 in the next.  I plan to post them all today.

If you don't want to see them, this is when you should avert your eyes.

But, just so you know, I don't think there's anything in these photos that you wouldn't have already seen in the excellent photos posted by Devores a couple of weeks ago, the day after the parade premiered.

We left off with us in place across from Grizzly Hall waiting for the parade to pass by.

The was exciting for all of us.  Even me. When is the last time that there was a completely new parade introduced at the Magic Kingdom?  I can't even remember.

And here we were, on the very first day that it would be revealed to the public.

The parade began with these elaborately costumed dancers, and the first of the new floats immediately behind:

3614521_zps65af68c9.jpg

If you are a fan of dudes in tights, then this is the parade for you:

3614522_zpsc632c892.jpg

This is the first float in the parade- you can see it has the Festival of Fantasy name on it, and Belle and the Beast get the honor of being first:

3614524_zps47a348c0.jpg

We then see this giant Cinderella dress in the middle of the float.  What I didn't know is that Cinderella and her prince were on the other side of this dress, and it spins slowly around so the audience on either side of the street can see.  It must have been set to spin really slow, because we never saw Cinderella:

3614525_zps712e23f5.jpg

It's possible that Cinderella spun around just as this part of the float passed us and we didn't notice.  Our attention was immediately drawn to the back part of the float, where we saw Anna, Elsa and Olaf:

3614526_zps847ab462.jpg

3614528_zps36ccf313.jpg

This back portion of the float rotates too, and Tiana and Naveen are on the other side:

3614531_zpsc89d4b28.jpg

Did you notice Ray there in the flowers?

Funny.

The Anna/Elsa/Tiana part of the float definitely rotated faster than the Cinderella part, as Tiana spun back to the other side as the float passed us:

3614532_zpse3e0af45.jpg

So far, this was great!  And that was just the first float.

Next, we hear guests laughing, and look down the street to see our first big surprise.  And I mean that literally.  It's the big mime from Tangled, prancing down the street, with Rapunzel and the Tangled float right behind:

3614534_zps641b7828.jpg

We didn't know there would be a giant mime prancing around, and this guy worked the crowd:

3614537_zps4e717499.jpg

3614538_zpsf212640d.jpg

Do you remember how I pointed out that open area across from us?  Look how there are VIP CM's standing in that space in the last two photos- right in front of guests who showed up and claimed their spots over an hour before the parade.  Not cool.

These new floats are amazingly detailed. Look at all the little details you can see on this Tangled float:  the Snuggly Duckling sign, Pascal, the Flynn wanted poster, floating lanterns,  etc.:

3614540_zpsb9cbeba0.jpg

There was a lot of action happening on this float- the guys you see there were swinging back and forth-Flynn was there in the middle with Maximus:

3614543_zps01f322df.jpg

Eugene gave the girls a good smolder, but it's washed out by the sun, which was beating down on us:

3614545_zpse2f0ccc0.jpg

I probably shouldn't mention this, since many of you reading along today are in places where it is below freezing, but it was hot standing out there in the sun on March 9th.  Like 80 degrees hot.  And that sun was blazing!  I saw a lot of Yankees with sunburns later in the day.

The next performers had really elaborate fish themed costumes as they walked in front of the Little Mermaid float.  These costumes were as much fun to see as the floats themselves:

3614547_zps5cf32158.jpg

This sea shell lady spotted me in the crowd and swam over for a closer look:

3614548_zpsd5cd776d.jpg

She stood right in front of me, did a little shimmy, blew me a kiss and winked:

3614549_zpsbc4b07a0.jpg

It's hard to be me sometimes.  How would you like being treated like a piece of meat by the ladies?

I have a funny story to tell about the sea shell lady.

The TCD girls are expert cyberstalkers.

They found a hashtag that the CM's working in this parade used on Instagram.  It's #fofopeningcast.

That led them to the actual Instagram account of this sea shell lady.  How creeped out would she be if I posted a message on one of her photos?

Be careful out there in cyberspace kids.

By the way, there are some good photos on Instagram with that hashtag.  Take a look if you know how.

You're welcome.

Now, back to our photos.

The Ariel float produced its own bubbles:

3614551_zps86d9d7eb.jpg

I liked these guys:

3614552_zps4c55b1c1.jpg

After the Ariel crew passed, the Lost Boys arrived with the Peter Pan float following behind:

3614554_zps7959cf3b.jpg

The Lost Boys were good- lots of crowd interaction and choreography:

3614555_zps0c589899.jpg

3614556_zpsd56efe07.jpg

There are lots of details on this Peter Pan float too.  And a rainbow,  With an anchor beneath it upon which Captain Hook swings back and forth.  Is there some kind of message trying to be conveyed by this imagery? :

3614560_zpscf471d1b.jpg

Later in the day, the TCD twins were discussing the parade with their friend who works in the college program, and she told them that there was some kind of problem with this float, and that Mr. Smee was supposed to be standing on that anchor with Captain Hook.  So, both of them were supposed to be swinging from the same anchor beneath a rainbow?  Really?  I'm not sure that the girls got good info- it doesn't look like there's room for two pirates on that anchor.  And if there were, what message would have that scene been sending?

These floats are impressive, but I wonder if they're too high.  We could barely see Peter and Wendy way up there:

3614562_zps8ae28dc4.jpg

There's Mr. Smee.  Walking.  I'm not sure if he was supposed to be on that anchor.  And if he was, why he wasn't.  I didn't know anything about that controversy at the time:

3614563_zpsbfe35bdc.jpg

Go Gata:

3614564_zpsc17021eb.jpg

I guess that's actually a crocodile.  The kind you're never supposed to smile at.  We have seen this croc before.  In the Halloween Party parade.  He gets around.

Tink was on the back of the float. The female version. Thankfully.  Of course, she had to wave at me:

3614565_zps179ef97d.jpg

Flirt.

And sorry, but the sea shell lady got to me first.

You snooze, you lose.

Next came some Scottish dancers:

3614568_zpsdf940266.jpg

And the Brave float.  Notice the little bear head popping out of the giant bag pipe behind Merida:

3614569_zps5be1370f.jpg

There was another bear in the back.  I presume there was another one somewhere (like in that middle pipe), but I didn't see him:

3614575_zps5bf73e02.jpg

That's the 30th parade photo.  So we need to stop here and post the next 30.

I hope you like what you've seen so far.

And, the best float and costumes are still on their way.

TCD

How did your son get to watch it twice in one day? Were there two performances on Friday?

We first watched the parade from just about where it starts. I wanted to get a Dole Whip and do some shopping so my son went to catch a boat. He got down Main Street just in time to get blocked from the exit by the parade finishing. So....he saw it twice.

I really am enjoying seeing your parade float pictures.  I know how hard those were to shoot because I was there a couple of days later, and my pictures aren't nearly as good as yours.  I think I got more caught up in the oohing and aahing rather than actually taking pictures.  Good shot of the Seashell Lady!  Sometimes you have to flirt a little to get a good shot!

The CMs in the parades love to see their photos taken by guests. that's why these hashtags (I still call it pound sign, but who am I) appear. They actually scour the net looking for them. So I don't think it would be creepy to send a message and a photo. Id refrain from saying "Im the dude you were flirting with on opening day." But she would appreciate the thought.

That GDF is a smart lady who reads way too many Disney sites.

Yes, and you also have that blogger boyfriend who is good for a helpful tip every now and then.

What are your tricks for fighting off the ladies?

Irresistible good looks only go so far.  Once the ladies find out how ordinary and boring I am, that takes care of it.

How did your son get to watch it twice in one day? Were there two performances on Friday?

We first watched the parade from just about where it starts. I wanted to get a Dole Whip and do some shopping so my son went to catch a boat. He got down Main Street just in time to get blocked from the exit by the parade finishing. So....he saw it twice.

That's funny.  A similar thing happened to us.  We hung back a bit to let the crowds clear, but still ran into the end of the parade on Main Street.  That thing goes slow.

I really am enjoying seeing your parade float pictures.  I know how hard those were to shoot because I was there a couple of days later, and my pictures aren't nearly as good as yours.  I think I got more caught up in the oohing and aahing rather than actually taking pictures.  Good shot of the Seashell Lady!  Sometimes you have to flirt a little to get a good shot!

My daughters fussed at me for taking so many pictures- they said I should enjoy the parade since it was our first time seeing it.  But, that's exactly why I took so many photos.  This is the first time anyone who doesn't work for Disney saw it.

The CMs in the parades love to see their photos taken by guests. that's why these hashtags (I still call it pound sign, but who am I) appear. They actually scour the net looking for them. So I don't think it would be creepy to send a message and a photo. Id refrain from saying "Im the dude you were flirting with on opening day." But she would appreciate the thought.

This is an interesting phenomenon.  Does Disney have any official policy on it?  There are quite a few not so magical photos on some of the CM's personal Instagram accounts (tattoos, drinking, and it gets worse from there).

Interesting. Do you think Disney is building the floats higher to drive behavior? Perhaps people won't line up hours before and creep into the paths of the floats

Something like that.  I believe that the floats are higher so guests back from the curb can see something.  But, those further back would still miss the costumed castmembers performing at street level.  And, that's a big part of this parade, as the next photos will reinforce.

TCD

TcD you have distracted me from this trip report with that Instagram Info. Pulling up one # that leads to others and you get lost in the world of stuff I can't believe people post.

I know.  After my girls got me started on that hashtag, I also spent more time than I would like to admit seeing photos of some of the CM's.   Some of them have played multiple roles.  There's a young lady coming up who apparently is a very good friend of DIT's girlfriend.  But, she does something else in the parade.

I would not be surprised at some point if The Mouse does something to stop CM's from doing this.  It gives guests a peek behind the curtain that Disney spends a lot of time and money keeping guests from doing in the parks.

I'm not usually a big parade person, but this one looks amazing!

Yes, this one is worth watching.  More than once.

Aww...dang double post

Dang it.  KFK may be averting her eyes, but that danged ghost is still hanging around.

I have zero interest in seeing that parade.

Ok, who am I kidding? I really want to plan a return trip to see this parade and ride the mine train. But if I keep saying how much that parade looks like it SMB's then it will help me cope.

To make matters worse for you, there's a part of the parade that I think you will especially like. I'll cover that in the next update.

TCD

This is an interesting phenomenon.  Does Disney have any official policy on it?  There are quite a few not so magical photos on some of the CM's personal Instagram accounts (tattoos, drinking, and it gets worse from there).

TCD

Yes, yes they do. Ive seen people loose their job over that stuff. If they associate themselves with a character or part in a show, then post inappropriate material with it, they can get termed. If it doesn't portray Disney in a bad light, but is close, they could get a reprimand. Disney takes its image seriously and will protect that image at all costs. Its the image that makes Disney so great.

And I too have never seen a parade or show or fireworks with my own eyes. Its always through the view finder of my camera. My wife laughs at me all the time for it. I gotta get that perfect shot.

Yes, yes they do. Ive seen people loose their job over that stuff. If they associate themselves with a character or part in a show, then post inappropriate material with it, they can get termed. If it doesn't portray Disney in a bad light, but is close, they could get a reprimand. Disney takes its image seriously and will protect that image at all costs. Its the image that makes Disney so great.

And I too have never seen a parade or show or fireworks with my own eyes. Its always through the view finder of my camera. My wife laughs at me all the time for it. I gotta get that perfect shot.

Some of those CM's need to be careful, then.

You did get some perfect shots of this parade!

Make sure you look at the update after this next one (probably some time tomorrow). We left the park right after the parade, and I have a shot of all the people packed in the train station on Main Street. I tried to find you, but couldn't. You must be up there somewhere.

TCD

Like this picture. Does is this an award for highest thru put?

7BB68C05-8E4A-4DA0-AEA4-D96CD773C77C-641

Yes. Like that.

This gives us this CM's full name and identifies where she works.

And gives us a glimpse of some of the park operations.

This type of stuff shouldn't be available to the general public.

It wouldn't take very long to dig up a lot more information on this young lady.  I wouldn't want any of my daughters to be in a similar position.

TCD

I told the eye averters that I would post all the parade photos today, so here comes the rest of them.

Please stand back.

We left off with the [spoiler Alert in case you never saw Brave] bear brothers peeking out of the giant bagpipe.

I have one more photo of the Merida float.  This Bear thingy:

3614576_zps1debac19.jpg

Which remind me of a funny story.  Before the movie Brave came out, we had the chance to meet Merida in the Magic Kingdom.  We knew nothing about the movie, other than it was set in Scotland and featured Pixar's first princess.  When we met Merida, they had a set with those three animatronic little bears behind her.  One of the twins asked her what was up with the bears.  Merida didn't spoil the surprise in the movie, and told us she didn't know what they were doing there.  When we next saw Merida, after the movie came out, she freely referred to those bears as her triplet brothers.

After Merida moved on, the three fairies (I think they're fairies) from Sleeping Beauty came by:

3614578_zps1ece3a3f.jpg

Another dude in tights for those of you who like that type of thing.  Also, notice that those VIP's have now cleared the area, but guests are still being held back:

3614580_zpsf30bbaf0.jpg

The costumes which accompanied the next float are the best in the parade, in my opinion:

3614582_zps73df7c36.jpg

Speaking of the next float, you can see it making its way down the street in this next photo, which shows the super cool raven costumes:

3614583_zpsa523e1c8.jpg

One of the ravens stopped in front of the TCD girls, and opened his wings:

3614584_zpsad69b1ec.jpg

3614585_zpsf63a90b0.jpg

That was cool.

Also cool were these guys on stilts, and thorny vine costumes:

3614587_zps74928436.jpg

You could hear the audience getting louder as the Maleficent float came by:

3614590_zps9eb212ac.jpg

The head on this thing moved back and forth from one side of the street to the next:

3614591_zpsa13014bd.jpg

Here is my effort at taking a creative photo- the shadow of the dragon:

3614594_zpsfa6f43cc.jpg

At this point, the dragon had not breathed fire, and I wasn't sure if it would.  I hoped that if any fire was forthcoming, it would have emerged when I took this shot, but there wasn't even a flicker:

3614595_zpsca813323.jpg

The float kept moving by.  This is a float that I would really like to be able to have stop so I could spend some time admiring all of the detail:

3614597_zps27d585b8.jpg

This guy has an interesting role in the parade:

3614599_zps7e71c47c.jpg

It was right when I was taking the photo of the tail-wager that it happened:  the dragon breathed fire!

The crowd went wild.

And, I just saw the end of it.  Not in enough time to get a photo. But I saw enough of it to marvel at how cool it was to see.

That dragon float by itself makes it worth the effort it took us to see the parade.  And I want to see it again.

After the dragon came a float with all kinds of stuff happening.  I don't know what to call this next float, because it seemed to have a random collection of characters on and around it:

3614600_zps0a2b5a66.jpg

Leading the pack was the Mad Hatter and White Rabbit.  And Jiminy Cricket for good measure:

3614602_zpse5548eb7.jpg

There was a lot of crowd interaction with this group:

3614603_zps8c5d8e5a.jpg

Then came the dwarfs:

3614604_zps438c73b2.jpg

These two brought a lot of laughs from the audience, including me:

3614606_zps65b2ed87.jpg

One more Jiminy photo, because he's rare:

3614607_zpsbfcc3cb6.jpg

Did you see Snow White in that group?  Neither did I.  But she was in there somewhere.  She had to walk!  All the other princesses had nice floats to ride on.  Not her. How do you like that, DIT?

The float that followed this group had a big Pinocchio component:

3614611_zps55230363.jpg

But, it also featured Donald and Daisy.  Plus girls on swings and dancing hippos:

3614613_zpsf98c14c1.jpg

And baby Pegasus horses:

3614617_zpsa5c06f9b.jpg

So is this now a Fantasia float?  Then why Donald and Daisy?  I don't know.  I'm confused.

As I was trying to process and figure out what was going on with that float, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Lou. He gestured with his thumb to the couple standing next to him.  Indicating that I needed to take a photo of them.  Photo credit for this great shot goes to Lou:

3614619_zps1ac459d4.jpg

Isn't that amazing?

Thanks, Lou.

Then there were more dancers, including my favorite Chipmunks and Goofy:

3614622_zpsc397680c.jpg

3614623_zps2d6df1cb.jpg

I have no idea what this is all about:

3614626_zps63503bfe.jpg

And then came the final float.  With the Big Cheese himself.  And more dancing hippos:

3614627_zps31cf79c2.jpg

The head mice in what will probably become the iconic symbol of this parade:

3614628_zps49e8180a.jpg

Then some more crazy costumes and non-sensible footwear brought the fun to an end:

3614631_zpse7f42e81.jpg

If you do a little digging, you will find a photo of the blistered foot of one of the ladies who carried that final banner.  Which is no surprise if you look at her shoes.

So that was the parade.

We all liked it.

Next up, we move on.

And out.

Eventually.

TCD