Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

Let's head into the dining room.

image_zpsda127c3e.jpg

Let's step into the kitchen next.

image_zps5ead394d.jpg

image_zpsa714fe49.jpg

Did you notice the cooktop? It's a 4 burner with a griddle in the middle. I bet it was state of the art at the time it was installed. Wow carpet in a kitchen.

I told the my DW that I could bring the guys here and we could completely remodel the kitchen in a week.

DW didn't laugh but the security guard did.

Next we went downstairs to the basement and into his bar and media room.

Three tv's, and hi-fi stereo system, and a pull down screen for watching movies.

image_zps8485ef0f.jpg

Check out the mirrored ceiling.

image_zps05a33f04.jpg.

Now let's go next door to the billiards room. It's hard to see in the picture but the walls and ceilings are covered in fabric.

image_zps0f31e6e9.jpg

Now we head upstairs to the Jungle Room. The pictures didn't come out to good. The sun was shining right thru the windows.

Here we see the bar in the Jungle Room.

image_zps84eac3e7.jpg

The other end of the Jungle Room has a water fountain in it. Water runs down the wall.

image_zps1f0f3689.jpg

That's all for the inside of the main house. I had more pictures but I didn't want to ruin it for y'all that haven't been there yet. Next we check out the other three buildings and the rest of the 13 acres. Including his grave. There's a lot of memorabilia in those other buildings

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

That house is a time warp.  It's like a return to the early 70's.  Reminds me of the color scheme is the sunken livingroom in my parent's house.  Or as we called it...the drunken livingroom.  That's because my dad got blitzed on the night of his 40th birthday, and we were all woken up to the sounds of him ripping the back of the farmhouse off very early in the morning.  It seems that a whole bunch of scotch inspired him to build a sunken living room off the back of the house, complete with a solar hot water system (this was during the Carter administration when there were tax credits for that stuff).  The room turned out nice, but I'm not sure he remembers the demolition phase. 

Oh, and nice BBQ pics!

Would that be the mirrored ceiling or the fabric covered walls?

LOL.  No.  It was the cooktop and dark cabinets and Formica in the kitchen, and the carpet on the floor.  Our appliances weren't as fancy as the King's but our kitchen looked a lot like his.

And the shag carpet in the jungle room.  My parents' bedroom had shag carpet like that, but theirs was navy blue.  I remember they had a rake for it.  Yes, a rake.

TCD

That's it.

I'm planning a trip to Memphis.

I need to see Graceland in person.  A lot of the features remind me of the house I grew up in.  Groovy.

And Gus' is the name of the chicken place my daughter went to with my sister.

TCD

Are you a fan? Graceland is really cool.

I to remember carpet in the kitchen and in the bathroom.

That house is a time warp.  It's like a return to the early 70's.  Reminds me of the color scheme is the sunken livingroom in my parent's house.  Or as we called it...the drunken livingroom.  That's because my dad got blitzed on the night of his 40th birthday, and we were all woken up to the sounds of him ripping the back of the farmhouse off very early in the morning.  It seems that a whole bunch of scotch inspired him to build a sunken living room off the back of the house, complete with a solar hot water system (this was during the Carter administration when there were tax credits for that stuff).  The room turned out nice, but I'm not sure he remembers the demolition phase. 

Oh, and nice BBQ pics!

I don't remember exactly what the audio tour said but if if remember correctly the kitchen was remodeled in the late 60's and has not been touched since.

I love the drunken living room story.

When I was 25 I was living in the first house i ever bought and it had a enclosed sun room off of the formal living room. I was a bachelor and had my pool table in the sun room. From the living room you had to walk into the kitchen and thru the family room to get to the sun room. But there was a window in the living that looked into the sun room. After a Friday or Saturday night of hanging out with my friends I came home and decided I want to remove the window and wall below it so I didn't have to walk all the way around the house to play pool.

I woke up the next day and had my short cut.

I think your dad and I should never go out drinking. Lol

The BBQ pix do not do the food justice.

LOL.  No.  It was the cooktop and dark cabinets and Formica in the kitchen, and the carpet on the floor.  Our appliances weren't as fancy as the King's but our kitchen looked a lot like his.

And the shag carpet in the jungle room.  My parents' bedroom had shag carpet like that, but theirs was navy blue.  I remember they had a rake for it.  Yes, a rake.

TCD

It's called a carpet rake. We had to rake our formal living room growing up. The living room was only used by guests and on Christmas morning. But it was the short cut to the backyard. So if you stepped on the carpet you'd better rake it before mom saw it.

We left in the jungle room and now were heading into the backyard to Vernon's office.

This view is from Vernon's office looking at the back of the house. The three window a/c units are in the jungle room.

image_zps2775a3c6.jpg

This is/was Lisa Marie's swing set that is outside of Vernon's office. Looking back at the house and the trophy room is in the background.

image_zps135e7acd.jpg

Inside Vernon's office. His office is also stuck in the 70's. Vernon handled all of Elvis's fan mail.

image_zps831d3270.jpg

image_zpsf0ce37b5.jpg

Here's Elvis's birthplace home. Ok not his actual house.

image_zpsc6312a9c.jpg

image_zps2eb67ffe.jpg

This was in the smokehouse attached to Vernon's office.

image_zps4ea7f710.jpg

image_zps91f3c1ab.jpg

Let's head outside and look at his horses.

image_zps330834df.jpg

image_zpse6eabf0b.jpg

Now on to the trophy room.

image_zps834e4864.jpg.

The trophy room looks small when you walk up to it but its bigger than it look and has a ton of memorabilia.

image_zpsb5a77bd7.jpg

image_zps7b83d847.jpg

image_zps0a867d38.jpg

image_zps8daf1ad7.jpg

One thing I really liked was all the movie posters.

image_zps0a10d810.jpg

They even had his old army uniform. I think he met Priscilla while in the army stationed in Germany.

image_zpsa1c14b93.jpg

image_zps84829b9b.jpg

image_zps2766ac46.jpg

image_zps2aa1ef46.jpg

First comes love then comes marriage, then come Priscilla with a baby carriage.

image_zps2500f47c.jpg

There was some much to see in that place. Here's some more of his memorabilia.

image_zps46062d41.jpg

image_zps46703ce4.jpg

image_zps65524152.jpg

image_zpscf51f6f7.jpg

image_zps2c5f27ba.jpg

Ok it's getting late so the racquetball court will have to wait till tomorrow.

Thanks again for reading along.

Are you a fan? Graceland is really cool.

I to remember carpet in the kitchen and in the bathroom.

No, I'm not a fan of Elvis.  But Mrs. TCD loves Elvis movies.  She has mentioned in the past that she wanted to visit Graceland.  But Memphis isn't exactly easy for us to get to.  Now that I have a sister living there, though, I ought to plan a trip.  Graceland looks more interesting than I thought it would be. Kind of like a time warp version of MTV's "Cribs."

The house we live in now had carpet in the bathrooms when we moved in.  I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea.

TCD

Earlier in this thread, there was some discussion about Trader Sam's.  The Disney Parks Blog just posted a story and video featuring the bar:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/lama-paipai-time-at-trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar-at-the-disneyland-hotel/

If I ever get to Disneyland, I plan on stopping by.  But, to me it still looks like a Rainforest Café.

TCD

TCD

Hey! Don't pick on how the "baby boomers" decorated.... We had green shag in our apartment in San Diego.