Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

I've heard a bit about it. There has been a lot of talk about hoping that there will be a Trader Sam's added to the Polynesian Resort. I'm just wondering if it's really all that special.

To be it sounds like a Rainforest Café. But with a Polynesian theme.

TCD

I think it would be cool if there was one at the Poly. It would be a great stop when doing the monorail crawl.

Rainforest cafe is almost cartoonish. And I didn't get that feeling at Trader Sam's. When your there go by for a drink. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

I'd like to here more about TS too.

Monorail pool slide. Genius.

Can never go wrong with a Mickey's Premium Ice cream Bar.

Your kids look like they are really enjoying themselves.

This was on disneylands website.

Enter a tropical oasis where colorful cocktails conjure mystical effects and you never know what will happen next!

Welcome, brave adventurers, to the wondrous watering hole of Trader Sam, head salesman of the Amazon Jungle. Sam’s expertise in concocting head-shrinking potions soon revealed he also had a head for mixology, and his travels far and wide allowed him to amass intoxicating ambrosial ingredients for his heady brews. Head on over and try them for yourself—if you dare!

All around you are mementos of Sam’s exploits, many with a sprinkling of his trademark humor. You may very well laugh your head off! Then try to keep cool as surreal events unfold: Exotic elixirs of untold potency are shaken, walls shake with volcanic eruptions and you may not be able to shake the feeling that the tiki gods are watching you.

The Alluring Sounds of the South Seas

On select evenings at sundown, put on your proverbial grass skirt and sway your way to the torch-lit terrace adjoining Trader Sam’s and Tangaroa Terrace. There, you’ll hear the soothing Hawaiian-style harmonies of a live acoustic duo as they serenade you under the stars, adding yet another element of enchantment.

I wish I would have gotten more pictures of the slide. It's actually two slides. I liked the fact that it is separate from the main pool. Look at the picture of the bridge again. The bridge is what separates the two areas.

Mickey bars are a family tradition.

My kids love being together. Our DS loves his little sister and really loves spending time with her. And our DD loves her older brother too. She wants to spend every waking hour with him when they're together. There are times when I just sit back and watch those two playing together and thank God for their relationship and friendship.

Ok it's 18th of March and we're heading to Arkansas. I know most of you probably think this is going to be boring compared to Disney land. Well your right it is. But little rock and the presidential library were fun. But before we get to Arkansas I think I promised some bonus pix of the Disneyland parks. I have just a few because we bought DW a new camcorder so she we recorded a lot more video then we took pictures and most of the pix are of family and I won't bore you with those.

These pictures are not necessarily in order, but I'll try my best.

We usually always ride the train first and I'm sure this day was not an exception. You can see my DD eating her cotton candy sitting next to my FIL. My DW is the pretty one wearing her Jackie O's

april2011raysphone008_zpse8d22457.jpg

For those you you that are interested in the similarities and differences between Disneyland and Disneyworld. Take note. That the seats on the train face sideways. Not forward like at the MK. Also the train travels thru Its A Small World ride. As you can see in that last picture. I'm not 100% sure but if I remember correctly the locomotives are the same. If there not the same they look a like.

Next we went to one of my all time favorite rides ever...Pirates of the Caribbean. I've loved this ride since I first rode it here at Disneyland when I was about 6 or 7 yrs old. Sorry it's blurry but it's all I've got. DD must have bought a dozen fortunes from this guy. Located right outside of POTC.

april2011raysphone009_zpse0c7c980.jpg

The next pictures are from my second favorite ride. Now I know they call it Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage but to me it will always be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The new submarine fleet looks surprisingly similar to the old fleet. They just got rid of the giant octopus (or was it a giant squid?) and replace it with Nemo and his friends.

That's my mom sitting next to our DD. And then our niece, nephew, brother-in-law and his grandson.

april2011raysphone012_zpsaaa0b843.jpg

OK, I must have lost track, inside DL is from a previous trip right?, or did you actually break down and go into the park on THIS trip?

I'm to cheap to have throw down almost $400 four a few hours. These pix are from about 2 or 3 yrs ago. Just a little bonus footage for those who have never been to Disneyland before.

Sorry but that's all the pix I was able to find from Disneyland. We have lots of video but I have enough trouble downloading pictures. There's no way I'm messing with video.

But next we go across the plaza to Disney's California Adventure.

We met the Head Cheese.

april2011raysphone065_zpse1740b6a.jpg

We were constantly wrangling the little ones as we walk through the park.

april2011raysphone070_zps111ad522.jpg

This is the giant Ferris wheel and the roller coaster, spoiler alert...it has a loop. The things in the water are for the night time show. Water cannons, fireworks, lights, etc. it's pretty cool. I failed on the night time pictures.

imagejpg1_zps18bae18a.jpg

You can take pictures with Mater and Lightening.

imagejpg1_zps26463adb.jpg

There are several rides at DCA that Disneyworld also has...

It's Tough to be a Bug.

Soarin' Over California

imagejpg1_zps1af76683.jpg

The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

Muppet Vision 3D

imagejpg1_zpsfa3c8e02.jpg

Toy Story Midway Mania

Turtle Talk with Crush

Tower of Terror

I wish I had pictures of all of them but I don't. And most of them look just like the ones at Disneyworld.

DW and brother liked these posters. There mothers maiden name is Oswald. I had to explain to them what it meant. I know most of you know but for those who don't, let me explain. Walt. Disney worked....

april2011raysphone073_zps192911da.jpg

That's all from Disneyland. See you real soon!

april2011raysphone077_zps6673d877.jpg

april2011raysphone092_zps78eccd69.jpg

Great trip. I too enjoy history so when we went to DL last Halloween(2013) we stopped at the Richard Nixon library on the way from San Diego to LA. It was the 5th Presidential Library I've been to. Maybe I will get to all of them someday.

Loved how DL and CA were right across from each other. That's real park hopping to me. No buses. We actually stayed just down the street and walked to the parks every day we were there. SO convenient. We did all the old school Disney stuff first and then hit Cars Land. Loved It!

Didn't really like their version of DTD though. I always felt like we were in the top of a funnel. Very restricting with the traffic flow. Not enough room to spread out. I don't like crowds or people brushing up against me and that's how it was at Halloween. Saw some really cool outfits for the parties though. The best was a group of people all dressed like the Haunted Mansion ghosts.

Thank you for all the info and pictures of Disneyland! I always thought DCA was just thrill rides -- didn't know they had so many other attractions.

I too love the pic of your DD with the Mickey gloves!

Thanks for reading along. DCA is definitely worth seeing. I wanted to ride the roller coater with the loop, the name alludes me at the moment. Put the wait time was to long.

Great trip. I too enjoy history so when we went to DL last Halloween(2013) we stopped at the Richard Nixon library on the way from San Diego to LA. It was the 5th Presidential Library I've been to. Maybe I will get to all of them someday.

Loved how DL and CA were right across from each other. That's real park hopping to me. No buses. We actually stayed just down the street and walked to the parks every day we were there. SO convenient. We did all the old school Disney stuff first and then hit Cars Land. Loved It!

Didn't really like their version of DTD though. I always felt like we were in the top of a funnel. Very restricting with the traffic flow. Not enough room to spread out. I don't like crowds or people brushing up against me and that's how it was at Halloween. Saw some really cool outfits for the parties though. The best was a group of people all dressed like the Haunted Mansion ghosts.

The libatay was nice and I'm so glad I saw it.

When we went to DTD several years ago it seemed smaller but we all commented on how bigger it now seemed. They were doing a lot of work and someone told me they were adding 50 new stores, Restaraunts, etc. there were a lot if people there, it was St Paddy's Day, but it didn't feel crowded to me. Except when they block the road to move construction equipment. Why the heck would they be doing construction work on st Paddy's day?

Time for an update.

When I last reported we were heading to the Disneyland Hotel.

It's a really nice property and you can walk to the two parks and DTD in a matter of minutes.

I did steal some photos from disneys website. We weren't there at night nor did we get to see a room, but I thought y'all might be interested. And my DD did something to my iPhone and a bunch of pictures had a weird affect to them and aren't post worthy.

One of the towersimage_zps5d9d5d38.jpgimage_zps048ea743.jpg

Your greeted by charactersimage_zpsf9dbbf8e.jpg

The pool areaimage_zps300cf7a9.jpgimage_zpsfb6612cb.jpgimage_zpsbe411c17.jpgimage_zpsa6db3d2a.jpg

The Monorail waterslide. Sorry Lou. There's no bus waterslide. image_zpse915c2fa.jpg

This is the bridge that separates the main pool and the water slide area. Again, my DD did something to my phone and several pictures had this weird affect so I stole these pix. I hope I'm not breaking copyright laws. imagejpg1_zpsa48dbc0a.jpgimagejpg7_zps5ea1614e.jpg

Trader Sam's. It's a must do. imagejpg6_zps1de84cdb.jpg

These picture came out. Don't know why.

We had to get a premium Mickey ice cream bar. image_zps0d13766d.jpgimage_zps69cbb28c.jpg

This place reminded me of Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. image_zpsbd7de7b8.jpgimage_zps4ca612f2.jpg

A great night shot that shows DTD and a little bit of Disneyland. imagejpg2_zps3c77706b.jpgimagejpg4_zpsa67039c4.jpgimagejpg3_zpscbb0c059.jpg

Did you know that Disneyland Hotel was Disneyland in name only until 1988. It was owned and operated under a contract with Walt by another company from1955 to 1988 when Disney finally bought it.

We are looking forward to re-visiting DL after our cruise. When I was stationed in San Diego trips to DL where a normal occurance. I have a picture from 1971 when Linda's dad came to visit and we were the first car in the parking lot.

Did you know that Disneyland Hotel was Disneyland in name only until 1988. It was owned and operated under a contract with Walt by another company from1955 to 1988 when Disney finally bought it.

We are looking forward to re-visiting DL after our cruise. When I was stationed in San Diego trips to DL where a normal occurance. I have a picture from 1971 when Linda's dad came to visit and we were the first car in the parking lot.

I did not know that.

I only stayed at the Disneyland hotel once back in the 70's. Dad had a convention there and I was lucky enough to go with him.

I first went there around 1974-75 and went at least once a year till 1986. That's when I went off to college.

There were about three or four years we had annual passes or they might have been free passes from my cousin, because he worked there. One summer me and my other cousin stayed with my older cousin for about two weeks and went to Disneyland everyday. It was great. We knew a lot of the CM and they always gave us free food. Mainly junk food. Lol. But those are two weeks I'll never forget.

When was te last time you were there?