Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

Groovy!

You don't have photos, do you?

TCD

I'm sure there are some at my parent's house, dad was a big shutter bug even back then.

Funny story about the red carpet. He did wedding photography photos and when the brides came to the house for the picture that was going to get published in the paper, he noticed the red carpet was tossing a pink shadow up onto the brides' dress. He had to get a great big piece of tan material to put on the floor so that didn't happen anymore :)

I believe the concert was in Hawaii

That's funny I took several pictures of the movie posters and the one I happen to post is the one about Hawaii.

No, I'm not a fan of Elvis.  But Mrs. TCD loves Elvis movies.  She has mentioned in the past that she wanted to visit Graceland.  But Memphis isn't exactly easy for us to get to.  Now that I have a sister living there, though, I ought to plan a trip.  Graceland looks more interesting than I thought it would be. Kind of like a time warp version of MTV's "Cribs."

The house we live in now had carpet in the bathrooms when we moved in.  I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea.

TCD

Yes you should take Mrs. TCD to Graceland. She deserves it. There is a ton of movie memorabilia, from posters to clothing. I'll be posting just a few pictures of them shortly.

We had that exact same swing set!

Is that how all the rich kids lived. Lol

I bet that was a pretty fancy swing set back in the day.

Earlier in this thread, there was some discussion about Trader Sam's.  The Disney Parks Blog just posted a story and video featuring the bar:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/lama-paipai-time-at-trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar-at-the-disneyland-hotel/

If I ever get to Disneyland, I plan on stopping by.  But, to me it still looks like a Rainforest Café.

TCD

Thanks for sharing the video. There want near as many people in there when I saw it.

To me the "window" that looks out at the volcano is the Rainforest Cafe aspect of it.

Hey! Don't pick on how the "baby boomers" decorated.... We had green shag in our apartment in San Diego.

Green shag?  Ah yes.

I had that in my bedroom when I was a wee laddie.

How's this, Red Shag with Black and Red Spanish furniture!!

I think we all lived with shag carpet at least once in our lives. Thank goodness that fad is dead.

Groovy!

You don't have photos, do you?

TCD

Photos would be cool. I'll have to ask my aunt. She had the red and black Spanish furniture also. I'm sure she had shag carpet also but I don't remember the color.

Does anyone else remember where they were/what they were doing the day Elvis died?  I do.  We were on our first trip to WDW.

I don't. August 16, 1977 I was 8 1/2 yrs old

I'm cracking up... carpet rakes?!?! 

Graceland looks cool. Kind of creepy that Lisa Marie still stays there though.

If you have matted down carpet, say in a high traffic area, you can use a carpet to fluff it back up.

I don't know if its creepy. It is her childhood home and she still owns it

My Electrolux vacuum cleaner even had a carpet rake attachment!  Vacuum and rake at the same time.

Now that's convenient.

I'll bet Elvis has one of those.

TCD

Of course he did. Did you not see all that shag?

:rofl2:  I doubt he ever used it.

Yep. I'm sure he had someone do it for him.

I'm sure there are some at my parent's house, dad was a big shutter bug even back then.

Funny story about the red carpet. He did wedding photography photos and when the brides came to the house for the picture that was going to get published in the paper, he noticed the red carpet was tossing a pink shadow up onto the brides' dress. He had to get a great big piece of tan material to put on the floor so that didn't happen anymore :)

Did the brides not like the pink hue?

Were the pix published in color or the bride just got a copy of it in color?

Did the brides not like the pink hue?

Were the pix published in color or the bride just got a copy of it in color?

The bride got some of them in color, but no they weren't published in the paper in color. One thing dad did as part of his package is have 100 wallets printed up of the bride from her announcement setting, and they would be set on the guest registry table right as the ceremony ended. So most, if not all the guests would get a picture of the bride in her dress. (It also had his logo printed very discreetly in the bottom corner :))

The bride got some of them in color, but no they weren't published in the paper in color. One thing dad did as part of his package is have 100 wallets printed up of the bride from her announcement setting, and they would be set on the guest registry table right as the ceremony ended. So most, if not all the guests would get a picture of the bride in her dress. (It also had his logo printed very discreetly in the bottom corner :))

Logo. Smart. Very smart.

Ok we just left the trophy room and went back into the backyard and walked over to the racquetball court building.

This is the sign outside as you enter.

image_zps9ea90935.jpg

You enter into a lounge area.

image_zps9e5ebc34.jpg

This is the bar area in the lounge room

image_zps55d587e2.jpg

The lower level of the lounge room looking back up at the first picture. See the pinball machine? It's the same one in the first picture of the lounge room.

image_zpsd0f10c92.jpg

We then stepped down into where the court used to be. It has a lot of memorabilia.

image_zpse6815dad.jpg

image_zps9b8a0f7f.jpg

image_zps7d780258.jpg

image_zpsdb2585d0.jpg

image_zps1149be4d.jpg

image_zpsb6a1f0f9.jpg

image_zpsd5e65085.jpg

Looking back towards the lounge room.

image_zps548f7c9c.jpg

I found out the hard way that you can't reach over the railings to take close up pictures. But I still got the picture.

image_zpscded7e47.jpg

Time to move on. We are getting close to the end of the house tour but first we head out and go to the mediation garden and Elvis's grave.

image_zpsc21a0537.jpg

image_zpse97e43dd.jpg

image_zps43cd1bde.jpg

image_zps43a7eac0.jpg

image_zpse48e14f0.jpg

image_zpsce89e1bb.jpg

This was the last part of the tour. We got on the bus and heading back across the street and visited Elvis's car collection, a few other venues, that mostly had more memorabilia and also his two private jets. Those pictures will be in the next update.

I will leave all you Elvis Presley fans with one last picture from his home.

image_zps09397fa7.jpg

While I appreciate his influence on music, I'm not really an Elvis fan. That said, I find all that very interesting. I didn't realize he was a twin or that his grave had been moved.

The only reason I knew he was a twin is because this is my second time to visit.

Could you imagine what his grave site if it was in a public cemetery.

It would be a nightmare!