Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

Very interesting, Ray. The place seems like it has an odd feel to it....kitschy, out of time and serene all at once.

I never got that feeling. I felt like I was looking into what his life was like when he was still alive.

That being said. It is kitschy and out of time but it feels right.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

I also didn't know that Elvis had a stillborn twin or that his grave had been moved.

Wasn't there some controversy about his middle name being spelled wrong on his grave marker, and this was supposedly proof that his death was a hoax?

TCD

I've heard before that his birth certificate spells his middle name as Aron. But I don't know if that's 100% correct.

Great trip! Graceland is impressive. It's on our list of things we want to do. Disneyland is on there, too, but Graceland is a heck of a lot closer.

Our swing set was very similar to Lisa Marie's - just a different color. The glider looks metal and so does the seat by the slide. Ours was plastic, but we still got to enjoy the metal slide.

Does anyone else remember where they were/what they were doing the day Elvis died? I do. We were on our first trip to WDW.

That's one way to remember it.

I wasn't born yet.

I also didn't know that Elvis had a stillborn twin or that his grave had been moved.

Wasn't there some controversy about his middle name being spelled wrong on his grave marker, and this was supposedly proof that his death was a hoax?

TCD

I have a family member who believes that Elvis is very much alive. She gets pretty mad when someone suggests otherwise.

She might be right. Our auto tech class saw Elvis gassing up his cream colored VW bug at a gas station by the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Why wouldn't Elvis be driving a VW instead of a Rolls Royce?

We saw him again about a decade later on Broadway in Nashville. Had to have been him. After all, he was in a rhinestone suit, sunglasses, and packing a guitar. What kind of person would impersonate a dead guy? See? Proof. He's still alive.

Very cool pics!

Thanks

Two comments on the last update:

1. Elvis had a lot of cars.

2. You nephew is good at making funny faces.

TCD

That's not all of his cars. You'll have to go yourself to see them all. And go see your sister.

My nephew is the King of goofy faces. It's really hard to get a good picture of him.

Cool car pics.

He had some cool cars.

I'm glad you took pics not only of the cars but also the placards describing them. That was very interesting.

Yeah I read every placard. It was pretty cool to get some of the background on them.

Great trip! Graceland is impressive. It's on our list of things we want to do. Disneyland is on there, too, but Graceland is a heck of a lot closer.

Our swing set was very similar to Lisa Marie's - just a different color. The glider looks metal and so does the seat by the slide. Ours was plastic, but we still got to enjoy the metal slide.

That's one way to remember it.

I wasn't born yet.

I have a family member who believes that Elvis is very much alive. She gets pretty mad when someone suggests otherwise.

She might be right. Our auto tech class saw Elvis gassing up his cream colored VW bug at a gas station by the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Why wouldn't Elvis be driving a VW instead of a Rolls Royce?

We saw him again about a decade later on Broadway in Nashville. Had to have been him. After all, he was in a rhinestone suit, sunglasses, and packing a guitar. What kind of person would impersonate a dead guy? See? Proof. He's still alive.

Your relative is absolutely correct. Elvis works at Walmart in Montana as a greeter.