Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

My excuse is DD5 hasnt been sleeping much lately and wakes us up several times per night. Last night, I couldnt go back to sleep after waking up at 3.

I am doing surprisingly well on 3 hours sleep.

Oh poor thing (your DD) 5 is so hard. Not a baby, but not quite a big kid yet. Her poor body is just trying to grow and adapt. Treasure those late night snuggles. As the song goes "You're gonna miss this"

Oh poor thing (your DD) 5 is so hard. Not a baby, but not quite a big kid yet. Her poor body is just trying to grow and adapt. Treasure those late night snuggles. As the song goes "You're gonna miss this"

Thanks Yvonne. I know I will miss my kids at the ages they are now. I always tell them to stop growing!

Keep it coming, Ray.

I am looking forward to the Disneyland Hotel photos.

It would take me a while to grasp how compact everything is at Disneyland. Even with the photos, I am having a hard time visualizing what it's like to have everything so close together.

TCD

Everything is really compacted. Green space is at a premium. When you see it you'll understand why Walt wanted all the land in Florida.

Time for an update.

When I last reported we were heading to the Disneyland Hotel.

It's a really nice property and you can walk to the two parks and DTD in a matter of minutes.

I did steal some photos from disneys website. We weren't there at night nor did we get to see a room, but I thought y'all might be interested. And my DD did something to my iPhone and a bunch of pictures had a weird affect to them and aren't post worthy.

One of the towers

image_zps5d9d5d38.jpg

image_zps048ea743.jpg

Your greeted by characters

image_zpsf9dbbf8e.jpg

The pool area

image_zps300cf7a9.jpg

image_zpsfb6612cb.jpg

image_zpsbe411c17.jpg

image_zpsa6db3d2a.jpg

The Monorail waterslide. Sorry Lou. There's no bus waterslide.

image_zpse915c2fa.jpg

This is the bridge that separates the main pool and the water slide area. Again, my DD did something to my phone and several pictures had this weird affect so I stole these pix. I hope I'm not breaking copyright laws.

imagejpg1_zpsa48dbc0a.jpg

imagejpg7_zps5ea1614e.jpg

Trader Sam's. It's a must do.

imagejpg6_zps1de84cdb.jpg

These picture came out. Don't know why.

We had to get a premium Mickey ice cream bar.

image_zps0d13766d.jpg

image_zps69cbb28c.jpg

This place reminded me of Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

image_zpsbd7de7b8.jpg

image_zps4ca612f2.jpg

A great night shot that shows DTD and a little bit of Disneyland.

imagejpg2_zps3c77706b.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsa67039c4.jpg

imagejpg3_zpscbb0c059.jpg

It was time to head back so we walked back thru DTD and I took these pictures standing in the middle of the plaza area.

Notice the beautiful blue California sky. That's what it looks like almost 365 days out of the year.

This might give you a good idea of how close the parks are to each other.

This one is DW, DD, and DS heading towards the exit and the shuttle bus parking area. (Looking east)

Does my shadow make my camera look big?

image_zps4eee2b80.jpg

Looking towards Disneyland. (Looking north)

image_zpsb026f5d6.jpg

I then turned to my right and got this picture of The California Adventure Park. ( TCA). (Looking south)

image_zpsd11f59d1.jpg

I actually took this picture as we were heading into DTD, but if I would have turned around this is what you would have seen. (Looking west)

image_zps2b8596b2.jpg

It was a short but fun visit. We needed to get back to the hotel and hit the managers reception and get some rest. We had a morning flight to catch.

DS was heading back to Sacramento and we were meeting DW's side of the family in Little Rock, AR to go see the the William J. Clinton Presidential Library.

I had to work late so I don't have time to post the bonus pictures from inside the parks. I'll try to get them posted tomorrow.

and we were meeting DW's side of the family in Little Rock, AR to go see the the William J. Clinton Presidential Library.

I'm not a Clinton hater and I do love history, but even I would have a really really really hard time going from this to that. I look forward to reading your report, though.

And thanks for the Disneyland/DTD photos. It's interesting to compare to Florida versions.

And last, yay  Mickey ice cream.!!

I'd like to hear more about Trader Sam's Ray.

You say it's a must do?

It's just a bar with some special effects thrown in, right?

I'm picturing something like Rainforest Café. Is it really a must do?

TCD

If i remember right it is themed around the adventurers club idea

I will have to dig up some more info on it for you. I have only heard really good things about it.

If i remember right it is themed around the adventurers club idea

I will have to dig up some more info on it for you. I have only heard really good things about it.

I've heard a bit about it.  There has been a lot of talk about hoping that there will be a Trader Sam's added to the Polynesian Resort.  I'm just wondering if it's really all that special.

To be it sounds like a Rainforest Café.  But with a Polynesian theme.

TCD

I'm not a Clinton hater and I do love history, but even I would have a really really really hard time going from this to that. I look forward to reading your report, though.

And thanks for the Disneyland/DTD photos. It's interesting to compare to Florida versions.

And last, yay Mickey ice cream.!!

Trust me I'm not a Clinton fan but like you I do love history. I actually was looking forward to going to the library and I'm glad I went. It was very interesting and a lot of history. It was a really mic place and I would highly recommend going. The displays showing his two terms really bring you back.

It's always hard leaving Disney. Regardless of where you go afterwards.

Mickey Premium bars are a family tradition. Some people like dole whips. We get at least one or a dozen Mickey bars every trip.

I'd like to hear more about Trader Sam's Ray.

You say it's a must do?

It's just a bar with some special effects thrown in, right?

I'm picturing something like Rainforest Café. Is it really a must do?

TCD

It's not a rainforest cafe at all. It's actually a pretty small place. But there's seating outside and a nice outside fireplace.

The bartender is a little snarky in a funny way. Kinda like Lou. The menu is small. Apps, burgers, etc. a lot of speciality foo foo drinks. Two couples ordered a big drink that came in a big bowl. It looks like 4-6 people could have drank it. It's really cheesy as you would expect. It even has a faux window that looks out on the volcano that's about to erupt.

The must do part is not necessarily going there for dinner but stopping by and having a cool drink and drinking in the atmosphere.